<1234567...11>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Re: Utada may withdraw from the US
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
The person who wrote that article is: (pick one)

A). An Ayu fangirl.
B). A complete idiot
C). Lost something in the translation.
D). All of the above.
Posted on: 2010/5/20 13:43
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

JimJam wrote:
My take on this whole thing is this:

I feel, with all honesty here, that Utada's In The Flesh tour only sold out because fans were buying the tickets. ...since In The Flesh was a sold-out concert, no other people, such as those who randomly go to gigs to see a newer performer didn't get the chance to see her.
I'd say about 95% of the tickets sold for In The Flesh were by fans, and not others, which is why I see In The Flesh as a bit of a flop, because she couldn't draw in new audiences with fans buying all the tickets.

as new English songs would certainly raise both mine, and many of her English-speaking fans spirits to know she's not completely given up hope of one day receiving success for her remarkable, and one-in-a-million talent.

At any concert, isn't it majority of the time the fans who buy the tickets? This tour was a one-in-a-lifetime thing for us American fans, so yeah we're going to jump at any chance we can get to to see Utada live and up close. I'm pretty sure that at any concert, of a well known famous person, 95% of the time itis the fans who buy the tickets.

Anyways, I value your thought on the last paragragh. Even though Utada's English works aren't up to many of her fans standards (it seems...), I, too, would still be extremely happy for her to continue to release English music. It's nice to know she (kinda) wrote something for us to understand, ya know?
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/5/20 16:41
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Last thought, IDJ might offer the contract once more. Even though Utada's English CD's didn't gained a lot of sales in America, they did in Japan. I don't think (and this is just my opinion) they care about where they sell the most CD's, just that they do. So, let's all pray Utada's offered another contract!
Posted on: 2010/5/20 16:48
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
Why should we pray that Utada gets a contract making music she really doesnt want to when she could be cranking out #1 hits in Japan?

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/5/20 17:19
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:
Why should we pray that Utada gets a contract making music she really doesnt want to when she could be cranking out #1 hits in Japan?

Because there are some fans, such as I, who likes Utada's music, whether it's in English or in Japanese. If she has an English contract, too, it's twice the music. That's how I feel. You don't have to like it.
Posted on: 2010/5/20 17:26
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:

Because there are some fans, such as I, who likes Utada's music, whether it's in English or in Japanese. If she has an English contract, too, it's twice the music. That's how I feel. You don't have to like it.

I like her music any language. But I don't like having to wait three months for iTunes to decide to put her new Japanese music up on iTunes US. So for me, English is better.
Posted on: 2010/5/20 17:57
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:

I like her music any language. But I don't like having to wait three months for iTunes to decide to put her new Japanese music up on iTunes US. So for me, English is better.

Or, having to wait forever for her to create music. What in the world is she doing?

Finally, we have another English fan!
Posted on: 2010/5/20 18:04
  •  goku1337
      goku1337
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19 male NLR AR
D. all the above next topic please i need to know when Hikaru Samas new single is going to go on sale
Posted on: 2010/5/20 18:43
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I don't prefer her English music because I know a lot of people who sing songs like her. We don't need more of this music. There are only very few English songs which are actually good.
Posted on: 2010/5/20 19:47
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:

I 100% agree, I enjoy all of Utada's work but I love her English albums alot more. The first Utada song I listened to was Simple and Clean.
Posted on: 2010/5/20 19:53
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567...11>