Poster Thread
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Re: Utada may withdraw from the US
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
I don't prefer her English music because I know a lot of people who sing songs like her. We don't need more of this music. There are only very few English songs which are actually good.

Please name these singers who sing the same type of songs that Utada does off of Precious, Exodus, and This is the One, because I'd like to enjoy these artists as much as I do Utada.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/5/20 20:04
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
Regardless of what your or I may like, if she's unhappy doing English work, and is only doing so to fulfill contractual agreements (as explicitly stated in an interview she gave)...then...she's done. There will be no more English albums (though English songs, probably). Opinions don't really matter. I'd love to see her be on top in the US as I hate the kind of music we have now. TiTO is not my favorite but it's still good. That still won't make her do anymore English albums because its her feelings that matter.

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/5/20 21:11
  •  marcocsb
      marcocsb
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I also would like to see more english music from Utada but she should try a different kind of music just like someone wrote in here, Simple and Clean is very very good, so more english songs like that would be awesome.
In my personal opinion when i listen to TITO i don't feel like i'm listening to Hikki specially because of the lyrics and the tunes/melodies are not really the kind of music i listen to but please don't get mad at me i still love Hikki's music and always will.
Posted on: 2010/5/20 22:54
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:
Regardless of what your or I may like, if she's unhappy doing English work, and is only doing so to fulfill contractual agreements (as explicitly stated in an interview she gave)...then...she's done. There will be no more English albums (though English songs, probably). Opinions don't really matter. I'd love to see her be on top in the US as I hate the kind of music we have now. TiTO is not my favorite but it's still good. That still won't make her do anymore English albums because its her feelings that matter.

It's not that she is unhappy making english songs it's that she hates how the music industry and the record labels operate and do business here in America.

I can definitely see her dumping IDJ and going independent.
Posted on: 2010/5/21 6:26
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
It very disappointing to read about TiTo?s sales figures, if correct and since release in 2009 TiTo has not surpassed 17000 units then Hikki is going to have a uphill struggle to persuade IDJ or any other record company to negotiate either an extension to her existing contract or a contract with another label?.

And that?s assuming Hikki still has the ambition to succeed in an industry in the throws of huge and rapid change?
Utada certainly has the song writing talent, and there is little doubt that her huge success in Japan has kept IDJ focused trying to emulate that commercial success in America.

There is a underlining factor that changed the opportunities for new artists, where Japanese record companies have embraced the digital revolution with proven year on year growth in the sector, the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) has published a steady decline in music sales since 2002, which is blamed on P2P clients and Bit torrent?

There is little doubt that the RIAA has been the arbiter and subsequent victim of its own unpopular policies, the witch hunting that has prompted more than sixty thousand lawsuits in the last 3 years alone, the RIAA constantly returns to the same strategy that P2P is principally responsible for the underlining decline in CD sales so here we have the RIAA now at the center of a rabid pro-DRM lobby, which has contributed to a consumers backlash that sees DRM limits considerably the use and enjoyment of digital songs and media, research undertaken by the Harvard Business School points to consumers in huge numbers boycotting music that contains DRM for this precise reason plus the perverse attitude the RIAA adopts that see all online web activity as potential copyright infringement?..

With this in mind record companies want short term commercial success over medium term nurturing and supporting Hikki unique brand of ?world music? ??..

I hope that Hikki rises above all this, and as Ultra_Red suggested looks to the future with an independent label ?..

Posted on: 2010/5/21 8:13
  •  lolztrunkz
      lolztrunkz
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/M/SoCal
I was wishing for one more English album where she and Timbaland would work together. Timb is a beast in the studio(see Afrodisiac by Brandy, Loose by Nelly Furtado and his work with Aaliyah). Exodus 04 is probably my favorite English track of hers and imagine if she put out a whole album produced by Timbaland. Please one more English album Hikki!
Posted on: 2010/5/21 10:26
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Shanghai, China
UPDATE: The translation of the missing paragraph was finally finished. And it turned out to be an even bigger surprise.

Quote:

irbk wrote:
"Universal didn't take any part in the live concerts this time. Everything was done by Utada's management company. If it's related to the record company, it should be large-scale. As a stakeholder in America said, "In a state that they can do things without permission". Universal seems to begin to be tired of both Utada herself and her management company." he said.
Posted on: 2010/5/21 10:45
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

irbk wrote:
UPDATE: The translation of the missing paragraph was finally finished. And it turned out to be an even bigger surprise.

Quote:

irbk wrote:
"Universal didn't take any part in the live concerts this time. Everything was done by Utada's management company. If it's related to the record company, it should be large-scale. As a stakeholder in America said, "In a state that they can do things without permission". Universal seems to begin to be tired of both Utada herself and her management company." he said.

I guess it was expected. RIP her English career. It was fun while it lasted. As long as she continues to make great Japanese music, that's all that matters.
Posted on: 2010/5/21 11:24
  •  Sakura'10
      Sakura'10
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/Male/Portugal
Quote:

irbk wrote:

Quote:

irbk wrote:

And I bet they'll be giving out contracts to crappy singers!

As illastrate said, as long as she continues with her gorgeous Japanese music, that's all that matters!
Posted on: 2010/5/21 12:25
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

irbk wrote:

Quote:

irbk wrote:

Am I reading this right?
Does that mean the whole tour was done by Hikki and her dad and that the record company had nothing to do with it?

The label had no intention of having her tour in the States and she decided to do it on her own because she loves us.

This just proves once more that nobody appreciates and loves her fans more then Hikki does.
I have new found respect and love for her today.
Bless her

Long live Hikki!

Her english career isn't over, it's just starting.
I bet you anything she did this to spite the label for their lack of promotion and support.
She is going independent for sure.
Posted on: 2010/5/21 13:24
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678...11>