<1...4567891011>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re: Utada may withdraw from the US
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Records companies rarely handle or organise tours, this is left in the capable hands of experienced tour promoters like Live nation, the same company that managed and promoted Utada?s ?In the flesh ? tour, in fact live nation manage over 90% of tours for the record industry as a whole from Lady Gaga to Riverdance on tour?..Utada?s management company would have approached Livenation directly, there was little or no merchandising at any of the ?in the flesh? dates?.

Revenues for live performances go directly to the promoters and artists, split 90/10 between artists/promoters,
not the record company, recorded revenues from CD sales are split on average 90/10 per cent between label/artist?..the three main revenue streams which are integral to music industry business model are recorded music, live music performance, and PRS revenues the royalties collected for and on behalf of artists when their music is played in public.

http://www.livenation.com/
Posted on: 2010/5/21 19:16
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
I don't prefer her English music because I know a lot of people who sing songs like her. We don't need more of this music. There are only very few English songs which are actually good.

Please name these singers who sing the same type of songs that Utada does off of Precious, Exodus, and This is the One, because I'd like to enjoy these artists as much as I do Utada.

Precious was amazing, it was classic. Exodus had a few good songs on there. TITO is where you could find almost any female rap artist that talks about drugs, money, and sex (which a lot of the rap industry focuses on that nowadays). I was talking about TITO, not Exodus nor Precious.

Since her tour was too small, it really didn't bring that many fans.

Start in the US, and more cities (Maybe even be in Canada too). Than go to more countries in Europe, and end it all in her current home in Japan. Even add Latin America/Africa/Oceania/More of Asia if she really wants to go global.
Posted on: 2010/5/21 20:37
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
I don't prefer her English music because I know a lot of people who sing songs like her. We don't need more of this music. There are only very few English songs which are actually good.

Please name these singers who sing the same type of songs that Utada does off of Precious, Exodus, and This is the One, because I'd like to enjoy these artists as much as I do Utada.

Precious was amazing, it was classic. Exodus had a few good songs on there. TITO is where you could find almost any female rap artist that talks about drugs, money, and sex (which a lot of the rap industry focuses on that nowadays). I was talking about TITO, not Exodus nor Precious.

Since her tour was too small, it really didn't bring that many fans.

Start in the US, and more cities (Maybe even be in Canada too). Than go to more countries in Europe, and end it all in her current home in Japan. Even add Latin America/Africa/Oceania/More of Asia if she really wants to go global.

No name dropping, I see. Drugs, money, and sex does not define TITO. And I think she only referred to drugs only once in the whole CD. Sex maybe twice (that one little line in "Taking my money back" and one word in "Automatic pt.2" doesn't count), and not once did she talk about having money such as rap artists do. She simply said she's taking it back which kinda is like a "he used her" type of thing. Nice try, though.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/5/21 20:54
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Every song on TITO has to deal with some obscure content.
Posted on: 2010/5/21 20:59
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:

And Exodus isn't?
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/5/21 21:03
  •  marcocsb
      marcocsb
Re: Utada may withdraw from the US (translation finished)
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Also in FYI she talks about sex, you know when she says
"You know why
I'm gonna be yours tonight
we're gonna woo-oooooooh-aaaaaaaaah"

I don't feel that is Hikki singing when i listen to TITO songs.
She should do more english songs for video games but more often so she could get international attention.
Posted on: 2010/5/21 23:22
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Re: Utada may withdraw from the US (translation finished)
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Quote:

marcocsb wrote:
Also in FYI she talks about sex, you know when she says
"You know why
I'm gonna be yours tonight
we're gonna woo-oooooooh-aaaaaaaaah"

I don't feel that is Hikki singing when i listen to TITO songs.
She should do more english songs for video games but more often so she could get international attention.

At first I also thought that it was about sex, but then I once read a comment that said it was more like a "holla" to her fans...
"i gave you my heart, hold up let me sign it"
as in it's her music to us
"you just have to holler at me"..."Send it out from the streets to the highest, to the highest high".."You know my number" ... you can listen to her music anytime, tune up the volume, you know what number/track she is in your player (she also mentions mp3 players!)...

and that line you mentioned it's more like you'll be up all night listening to her music, singing along ... kind of thing..

I'm not saying the song isn't about sex... but I DON'T THINK IT IS...plus it made a lot more sense after reading that one comment which didn't make the song about sex
Posted on: 2010/5/22 0:10
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:

And Exodus isn't?

Not every song on Exodus talks about obscure content. Most of the time, it doesn't.
Posted on: 2010/5/22 8:00
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
Well of course only fans got tickets to the concerts. That is what she wanted. A close up show with her fans. Around the time of the concerts she mentioned in several interviews how long she's been wanting to do these kind of shows, but since she's so huuuge in Japan she hasn't really got a good chance there to do it. This was her chance and she took it.
Maybe this is the reason for why Hikki and the management organized it, because they wanted to do as they liked instead of going to these huge arenas?
I guess she could have went for bigger arenas if that is what she wanted to do. It's Hikki we're talking about, she can do whatever she likes. :p Of course, this could be why Universal "is getting tired of her" - IF that is what's happening.

Why she does "badly beyond expectation" is because they see her millions on the bank, the huge numbers of sells in Japan and thinks that "wow, she must be the new #1!!!" while we, the fans, know that for Hikki to reach #1 in the US she needs to play a role that isn't like her. She will have to make a fake identity - because her true one wouldn't be accepted (read: She will have to make music that isn't her style, even though it was her own style that got her to #1 in Japan).
Posted on: 2010/5/23 4:06
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19 Male VA
I don't think it really matters what style her music is, it's all good to me, so far. I don't think listeners really care what "style" it is either. I work at a big alternative fashion store centered around music so I get to play her stuff over the music system a lot and people start dancing or ask who's playing no matter if it's Exodus or TiTo. I think the only thing she has to do to be successful is have her music Heard!! Hardly anyone knows of her. Just yesterday at work I was slightly shocked when a teen girl and her mom came in, heard Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence - FYI,, and said that she had the album. So I mean, people are listening when she gets played, it's just not played Enough, overall, to generate interest.

I feel like I'm rambling lol :)
Posted on: 2010/5/23 7:02
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...4567891011>