<1...567891011>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  yoursonnetmylove
      yoursonnetmylove
Re: Utada may withdraw from the US
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Boston, MA
I doubt that this is true unless the author of the article actually asked Hikki herself.
Posted on: 2010/5/23 10:18
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Quote:

gorejuice wrote:
I don't think it really matters what style her music is, it's all good to me, so far. I don't think listeners really care what "style" it is either. I work at a big alternative fashion store centered around music so I get to play her stuff over the music system a lot and people start dancing or ask who's playing no matter if it's Exodus or TiTo. I think the only thing she has to do to be successful is have her music Heard!! Hardly anyone knows of her. Just yesterday at work I was slightly shocked when a teen girl and her mom came in, heard Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence - FYI,, and said that she had the album. So I mean, people are listening when she gets played, it's just not played Enough, overall, to generate interest.

I feel like I'm rambling lol :)

I'd have to agree. When I let my friends listen to her songs or play them around her (the biggest hit has been This One (Crying Like A Child), they really seem to like her. Even my guy friends that are all macho and shit like This One. To me, that song would make her really popular if they played it on the radio. It's her best song on the album in my opinion. They should've just pushed harder for another single that would be played on MAINSTREAM radio. And Dirty Desire? Cool song but I would've picked FYI instead.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2010/5/23 10:31
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
Every song on TITO has to deal with some obscure content.

And Exodus isn't?

Not every song on Exodus talks about obscure content. Most of the time, it doesn't.

Last time I checked, majority of the 14 tracks were about infedelity and sleeping around. There was even an issue about "The Workout" in Japan. Can't say that for TITO can you?
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/5/23 13:51
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:
Quote:

gorejuice wrote:
I don't think it really matters what style her music is, it's all good to me, so far. I don't think listeners really care what "style" it is either. I work at a big alternative fashion store centered around music so I get to play her stuff over the music system a lot and people start dancing or ask who's playing no matter if it's Exodus or TiTo. I think the only thing she has to do to be successful is have her music Heard!! Hardly anyone knows of her. Just yesterday at work I was slightly shocked when a teen girl and her mom came in, heard Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence - FYI,, and said that she had the album. So I mean, people are listening when she gets played, it's just not played Enough, overall, to generate interest.

I feel like I'm rambling lol :)

I'd have to agree. When I let my friends listen to her songs or play them around her (the biggest hit has been This One (Crying Like A Child), they really seem to like her. Even my guy friends that are all macho and shit like This One. To me, that song would make her really popular if they played it on the radio. It's her best song on the album in my opinion. They should've just pushed harder for another single that would be played on MAINSTREAM radio. And Dirty Desire? Cool song but I would've picked FYI instead.

That's the same way I feel. When I play Utada for my friends, they like it,....but it also comes with the comment, " Who is this? They sound like Mariah Carey." But either way, despite whether it's what fans wanted to hear, it's what many people are listening to now. Go UTADA!

I guess we all are her promoters....
How does it feel working for Utada, people!?
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/5/23 13:55
  •  Sakura'10
      Sakura'10
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/Male/Portugal
This One (Crying like a Child) is definately the best song in This is the One. Dirty Desire is pretty amazing also. Apple and Cinnamon and Simple and Clean, too.
Posted on: 2010/5/23 17:22
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Sakura'10 wrote:
This One (Crying like a Child) is definately the best song in This is the One. Dirty Desire is pretty amazing also. Apple and Cinnamon and Simple and Clean, too.

??? Simple and Clean most definitely is not on TiTO....The song is 7 yrs old. TiTO is definitely write for a US audience. I stated that this angers me before, but simply because it's in English and it written horribly....and sound like everything in R&B since 1992; It's because the lyrical content is majority written to display this pragma relationship structure that has been embedded into our culture. I must say that I've grown fond of "Taking my money back" but the title is display of what the relationship boiled down to. Hikaru's personification within the song seem to have held genuine affection for the subject figure, but she first states that from a practical stand point - I get good sex out of this relationship; The subject obviously has the same mind set as he seems to be living off of her by simply pleasuring her and telling her what she wants to hear. This almost a business transaction, but in the case of this song, there are emotions for the subject expressed. None the less I was driven to question why would she choose to write such an American cliche? I found my answer within my own question.

I found this aggravating as I'm so familiar and enjoy Hikki's past works of platonic expression mix with understandable doubt and tales of light obsession (XD).
Practical love is not a crime or morally offensive to me, but when it is displayed as a dominate aspect of relation I question if those that are taking part even want to achieve any true form of affectionate love. Why would Hikaru suddenly write something that she otherwise shown to not agree with?

Because she was posing.
Posted on: 2010/5/24 9:27
  •  Sakura'10
      Sakura'10
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/Male/Portugal
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
??? Simple and Clean most definitely is not on TiTO....The song is 7 yrs old.

It is in the US version of the album. And was it even released seven years ago? Wasn't that Hikari?
Posted on: 2010/5/24 10:13
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Sakura'10 wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
??? Simple and Clean most definitely is not on TiTO....The song is 7 yrs old.

It is in the US version of the album. And was it even released seven years ago? Wasn't that Hikari?

<.< We got Sanctuary and it's ~After the battle~ version on the US TiTO if I recall. SnC is arguable 8 years old whereas Hikari is 8. SnC was used in our KH the same year Hikari was a single in 2002 but it was never released aside from the game til the Colors single in 2003.
Posted on: 2010/5/24 12:12
  •  Editor
      Editor
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:
<.< We got Sanctuary and it's ~After the battle~ version on the US TiTO if I recall. SnC is arguable 8 years old whereas Hikari is 8. SnC was used in our KH the same year Hikari was a single in 2002 but it was never released aside from the game til the Colors single in 2003.

Simple and Clean is on TITO, check:

http://www.amazon.com/This-One-Utada/dp/B0026LYM8C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1274731112&sr=8-1
Posted on: 2010/5/24 13:02
  •  Sakura'10
      Sakura'10
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/Male/Portugal
Quote:

I told you guys!

Posted on: 2010/5/24 13:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...567891011>