Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Sakura'10 wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
??? Simple and Clean most definitely is not on TiTO....The song is 7 yrs old.

It is in the US version of the album. And was it even released seven years ago? Wasn't that Hikari?

<.< We got Sanctuary and it's ~After the battle~ version on the US TiTO if I recall. SnC is arguable 8 years old whereas Hikari is 8. SnC was used in our KH the same year Hikari was a single in 2002 but it was never released aside from the game til the Colors single in 2003.

Sounds like you must have not bought TITO , at least not the American version. The original version was without Sanctuary, Sanctuary -ending version-, and Simple and Clean but, during the March 24 push back, those tracks were added.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/5/24 13:38
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Utada may withdraw from the US
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Sakura'10 wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:

It is in the US version of the album. And was it even released seven years ago? Wasn't that Hikari?

<.< We got Sanctuary and it's ~After the battle~ version on the US TiTO if I recall. SnC is arguable 8 years old whereas Hikari is 8. SnC was used in our KH the same year Hikari was a single in 2002 but it was never released aside from the game til the Colors single in 2003.

Sounds like you must have not bought TITO , at least not the American version. The original version was without Sanctuary, Sanctuary -ending version-, and Simple and Clean but, during the March 24 push back, those tracks were added.

I own the Japanese release.
Posted on: 2010/5/24 14:10
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Sakura'10 wrote:
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:

I own the Japanese release.

That explains. The bonus tracks on the two versions are different. That means your buy didn't contribute to her American sales, shame on you
Posted on: 2010/5/24 14:17
  •  arcticmoonrise
      arcticmoonrise
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Utada Hikaru is such a talented girl but I think the American music industry is already full of talented artists as well that it is hard for Asian musicians and singers to break out in the market, unless of course they are endorsed by famous American celebrities like Oprah (*ahem* Charice *ahem*). (Don't get me wrong, I'm Filipino and I recognize that Charice is a very good singer but do you think she would even reach the eight spot in the Billboard Charts if not for Oprah and Ellen DeGeneres? I mean she even got Oprah as her godmother for her baptism!)

I would love to see Utada active in the Japanese music industry again because her Japanese songs are like no other. I want to see something new and something good from her again
Posted on: 2010/5/25 5:07
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
She should get back into the Japanese industry, so she could be great just like back in 1999-2002. When she got married, she lost popularity due to the absence, and only released one song in 2003. She only released 1 Japanese single in 2004, but released Exodus, and it wasn't too popular. Sure she had some moments, but it didn't last long. 2005 was just the year of singles, and the only major thing was the Passion song being released. 2006 is when she really came back, with a newer album, and the Utada United Tour. 2007 was the year she got divorced, and another single year. 2008 was when she released Heart Station, and this comeback wasn't as big as the other one. 2009 was with TITO, and this come back was bigger than Exodus, but later died down. 2010 was the tour, and who knows what she is doing nowadays. That Shibuya thing may not be anything much, so I wouldn't get too excited. I would only get excited if there was more developments to this. I just hope her Japanese music doesn't start sucking now because TITO was a very big step from Exodus, and it kinda sucked. I guess she is a different person in both languages. If she makes an English album, she should make it more appealing, and not make it explicit. Nothing sexual, just something like her Japanese songs. It would be like some of those other Japanese singers who try to sing in English. It will be hard for her to become like them because she knows English, so it will be difficult to sing in Engrish. There are some songs that are better because it's in Engrish. Only time I could remember Utada speaking Engrish is in the First Love album, and the song In My Room is a great example.
Posted on: 2010/5/25 17:46
  •  gantzman246
      gantzman246
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
She should get back into the Japanese industry, so she could be great just like back in 1999-2002. When she got married, she lost popularity due to the absence, and only released one song in 2003. She only released 1 Japanese single in 2004, but released Exodus, and it wasn't too popular. Sure she had some moments, but it didn't last long. 2005 was just the year of singles, and the only major thing was the Passion song being released. 2006 is when she really came back, with a newer album, and the Utada United Tour. 2007 was the year she got divorced, and another single year. 2008 was when she released Heart Station, and this comeback wasn't as big as the other one. 2009 was with TITO, and this come back was bigger than Exodus, but later died down. 2010 was the tour, and who knows what she is doing nowadays. That Shibuya thing may not be anything much, so I wouldn't get too excited. I would only get excited if there was more developments to this. I just hope her Japanese music doesn't start sucking now because TITO was a very big step from Exodus, and it kinda sucked. I guess she is a different person in both languages. If she makes an English album, she should make it more appealing, and not make it explicit. Nothing sexual, just something like her Japanese songs. It would be like some of those other Japanese singers who try to sing in English. It will be hard for her to become like them because she knows English, so it will be difficult to sing in Engrish. There are some songs that are better because it's in Engrish. Only time I could remember Utada speaking Engrish is in the First Love album, and the song In My Room is a great example.

TITO was in no way shape or form explicit or overly sexual. Yes it was sexual but not overly. Utada is not a little girl nor is she sweet and innocent. Its ok to say you didn't like the album instead of being overly dramatic about it.
Posted on: 2010/5/25 17:56
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

gantzman246 wrote:
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:

TITO was in no way shape or form explicit or overly sexual. Yes it was sexual but not overly. Utada is not a little girl nor is she sweet and innocent. Its ok to say you didn't like the album instead of being overly dramatic about it.

I agree.
Posted on: 2010/5/25 19:23
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:

Can you please stop saying she lost popularity? She hasn't. She's like any other artist. Utada doesn't release B.S. Japanese music that is just something randomly thrown together like many artists do. That is why it takes time. Let's not forget, she writes ALL of her songs and takes part in much of the production. Please just shut up with all of your crap claims. Just because you're able to memorize wikipedia doesn't mean you know all of your facts.

Also, how the hell is someone who American and is fluent in English going to speak this "Engrish"? She didn't speak "Engrish" in "In My Room", she pronounced everything corectly. Maybe it's just that you are super ignorant and oblivious to many things
Posted on: 2010/5/25 19:33
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I said lost popularity because of the absence, not because of her music. If some of her songs can't be played on the radio, than why isn't it offensive? Guess I should stop talking about TITO because that is the past. Explicit was the wrong word to use, because she never said anything worse than damn or hell in her songs. Only thing was the use of weird language. Green Day cover doesn't count because that wasn't an official release, and never again to be sung by her. DON'T take me too seriously when I am giving my OPINION. Since there is nothing new, it's not really necessary to keep talking about what has been out for a while.

But I have read a lot about Utada when I rediscovered her. I just wanted to write a quick musical biography of her because I was bored, and there wasn't really anything to talk about. About the Engrish part. Esukeipu, Feiku Neiru, Kora Kontakuto, Ekutension. Well, they were pronounced in Katakana. I guess Engrish is the weird word to use because she is fluent like you said. I think it was because she was a newer singer at the time, and wanted to be a little bit like other people. She even says thank you weirdly for some reason in the live performance. I know she was always fluent in English, but I'm just saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O9ZmZOj4KI

I'll say this once again.

DON'T take me too seriously when I am giving my OPINION.
Posted on: 2010/5/25 19:51
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
I said lost popularity because of the absence, not because of her music. If some of her songs can't be played on the radio, than why isn't it offensive? Guess I should stop talking about TITO because that is the past. Explicit was the wrong word to use, because she never said anything worse than damn or hell in her songs. Only thing was the use of weird language. Green Day cover doesn't count because that wasn't an official release, and never again to be sung by her. DON'T take me too seriously when I am giving my OPINION. Since there is nothing new, it's not really necessary to keep talking about what has been out for a while.

But I have read a lot about Utada when I rediscovered her. I just wanted to write a quick musical biography of her because I was bored, and there wasn't really anything to talk about. About the Engrish part. Esukeipu, Feiku Neiru, Kora Kontakuto, Ekutension. Well, they were pronounced in Katakana. I guess Engrish is the weird word to use because she is fluent like you said. I think it was because she was a newer singer at the time, and wanted to be a little bit like other people. She even says thank you weirdly for some reason in the live performance. I know she was always fluent in English, but I'm just saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O9ZmZOj4KI

I'll say this once again.

DON'T take me too seriously when I am giving my OPINION.

She didn't and hasn't lost popularity because of absence. As it's exactly what you said, she is using the Katakana for words that are of a foreign language, thus, it would be offensive to call that "Engrish". That's the point I'm trying to make. She probably siad "thank you" that way because it followed "arigato" and she pronounced it the same way (hard to explain). "Engrish" is what Koda Kumi and BoA sing in. Two different languages.

And about your opinion, I don't take it seriously (it's just an opinion) nor was I attacking it. I was talking about the things that were "facts" in your post.
Posted on: 2010/5/25 20:16
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...67891011>