Jiremi
Re: Koda Kumi - Gossip Candy (New Single) [7/7/10]
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Alright now, I wish I could talk to Kuu personally. What is she thinking with this single? I just previewed all the songs, exceot for "Lollipop", and they suck.

1."Inside Fishbowl" - High-pitched annoyingness. "Mary, mary..." ...calm that down Kuu-chan

2."Outside Fishbowl" - A low-pitched version of the "Inside". I mean like looooow-pitched. I know Kuu has this unique deep voice, but this song unflatters it.

3"Lollipop" - didn't get to hear

4."For You" - The ballad of the single. Unfortunately, it's no "Moon Crying" or "Stay With Me"

5."Got To Be Real" - Needs to "get real". No, Koda Kumi. It was fine for those like 20 seconds of a Pepsi cm, but, if you can't do it better than the original, don't do it at all.

I love Koda Kumi, but I just want to smack the people who presented these songs to her.

Man, I had a feeling she might not do that Cheryl Lynn song justice. But...no "hot dance track"?

NO NO NO

This mini-review is discouraging.

I didn't mean for it to. I was expecting "Juicy" or "TABOO". Unfortunately, she seemed to not have gotten my "Fan Letter of Expectations". If you didn't like "3 Splash" or "MOON" or "It's All Love", I don't think you'll like this. Here, see for yourself:

http://rhythmzone.net/koda/index.html

EDIT: Now I know what "Inside/Outside" reminds me of... Miley Cyrus' "Fly On The Wall"!!!
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/5/25 20:20
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Covers in HQ

http://wiki.jpopstop.com/images/a/af/GossipCandycddvd.jpg

http://wiki.jpopstop.com/images/1/16/GossipCandycdonly.jpg

Promo Pic

From the previews....

Inside Fishbowl / Outside Fishbowl
She's doing what Ayumi did for her "Sunrise/Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~" single -- not feeling it that much

Lollipop
Thank goodness she's making a music video for this song, 'cause that's the only song I like
*singing along* I got you, boy, boy....

For You
Nice ballad, but not as strong as "Moon Crying" and "Stay With Me"

Got To Be Real
The beat's funky and that's it.
Posted on: 2010/5/26 10:23
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Alright now, I wish I could talk to Kuu personally. What is she thinking with this single? I just previewed all the songs, exceot for "Lollipop", and they suck.

1."Inside Fishbowl" - High-pitched annoyingness. "Mary, mary..." ...calm that down Kuu-chan

2."Outside Fishbowl" - A low-pitched version of the "Inside". I mean like looooow-pitched. I know Kuu has this unique deep voice, but this song unflatters it.

4."For You" - The ballad of the single. Unfortunately, it's no "Moon Crying" or "Stay With Me"

5."Got To Be Real" - Needs to "get real". No, Koda Kumi. It was fine for those like 20 seconds of a Pepsi cm, but, if you can't do it better than the original, don't do it at all.

I love Koda Kumi, but I just want to smack the people who presented these songs to her.

It's proper to slap her....because she's the one agreeing to sing them.

I don't like these covers. I like that promo pic though :D
Posted on: 2010/5/27 5:22
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Yo. Can anyone post a link to where I could preview these “ridiculous” covers?? These reviews from Jiremi are quite interesting. I like Koda Kumi to a certain degree, but I'm curious from one's reaction just how bad this may be.
Posted on: 2010/5/27 17:25
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:

It's proper to slap her....because she's the one agreeing to sing them.

I don't like these covers. I like that promo pic though :D

Well, see, I would have and I wanted to say "slap Kuu", but I didn't want to recieve a hate reply. I get those often

I agree! Kuu always takes nice promo photo's!
Posted on: 2010/5/27 19:17
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
Yo. Can anyone post a link to where I could preview these “ridiculous” covers?? These reviews from Jiremi are quite interesting. I like Koda Kumi to a certain degree, but I'm curious from one's reaction just how bad this may be.

Here's the link, Kayoko:
http://rhythmzone.net/koda/index.html

"Lollipop" is finally up. It's... "lick my lollipop" friendly It's no "hot dance track". I think Kuu rick-rolled us all.

But, remeber, I'm no professional reviewer. I took Journalism class but I'm not certified. The review was just the thoughts in my head...
Posted on: 2010/5/27 19:28
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Aha regards Jiremi, let's go listen. And really, it's your opinion of her upcoming single. You don't have to be all defensive, why should you take to heart what others say? They hate your opinion, not you though it may seem so.

And Koda Kumi has a rep on being “showy”, correct? The picture is nice, but I thought it was average.
Posted on: 2010/5/27 19:54
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Man, oh man...

I didn't like a single song. She can't do better than Cheryl Lynn for the cover, that's some pretty intense vocal prowess to match up to.

Well, atleast Lollipop was pretty medicore at best. And I suppose she's holding a cupcake in those pictures. KUU, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO BE HOLDING A LOLLIPOP, NOT A CUPCAKE. It's Gossip Candy, not Gossip Cupcake.

Kuu truly rick-rolled as us. I wanted another JUICY~ -whines-
Posted on: 2010/5/28 14:50
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
EDGE STYLE Magazine

High Quality Pic from the shoot
Posted on: 2010/6/7 11:50
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered