12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
LADY GAGA <<<ALEJANDRO>>> VIDEO
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Lady Gaga's "Alejandor" video was released today.
http://www.ladygaga.com/alejandro/video/

What are your thoughts about it?

When I saw this video I thought:
"Are you sure I don't have to pay $19.99 for 4 months to view this or be 18?"
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/6/8 19:44
  •  UtadaHikaru124
      UtadaHikaru124
Re: LADY GAGA <<<ALEJANDRO>>> VIDEO
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Miami
DEMONIC....thats all i can say im in love with GAGA but im not gunna sit her and act like that video was soo awesome some parts were cool but it made me feel very uncomfortable
Posted on: 2010/6/8 20:04
  •  meekobiscuit
      meekobiscuit
Re: LADY GAGA <<>> VIDEO
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 35/M/L.A.
Most of it was classic Gaga, but towards the middle of the video it started to remind me of Madonna's "Vogue". Then, when Gaga put on her machine gun bra, I thought, "oh, she's kind of paying homage to Madonna" because the machine gun bra was the next evolutionary step up from Madonna's Jean Paul Gautier cone bras. I loved it.
Posted on: 2010/6/9 1:38
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I haven't liked all of her videos (for instance, I hated "Telephone" and "Just Dance"), but "Alejandro" was absolutely brilliant.

The message is that you don't have to be masculine to be strong, and you don't have to subscribe to a religion that condemns homosexuality to be close with God. Words everyone should live by.

Katy Perry called it blasphemous... good, I HOPE that closet homophobe is uncomfortable with it. Lady Gaga is a true artist, and this video is beautiful and shocking in a very important way.

And yes, there were definitely references to Madonna - after all her "Like a Prayer" video was banned for similarly confronting religious and social themes in a way the public wasn't ready for.

Honestly the first time I watched the video, I didn't like it at ALL. But that was because I didn't understand what it was trying to tell me. So as I watched it a few more times, the message sunk in and I came to truly appreciate it for what it was.
Posted on: 2010/6/9 9:21
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Love the cinematography; the director, Steven Klein did an awesome job.

I just wished she kept the breakdown that was shown in the "Teasers"
Posted on: 2010/6/9 11:40
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:
I haven't liked all of her videos (for instance, I hated "Telephone" and "Just Dance"), but "Alejandro" was absolutely brilliant.

The message is that you don't have to be masculine to be strong, and you don't have to subscribe to a religion that condemns homosexuality to be close with God. Words everyone should live by.

Katy Perry called it blasphemous... good, I HOPE that closet homophobe is uncomfortable with it. Lady Gaga is a true artist, and this video is beautiful and shocking in a very important way.

And yes, there were definitely references to Madonna - after all her "Like a Prayer" video was banned for similarly confronting religious and social themes in a way the public wasn't ready for.

Honestly the first time I watched the video, I didn't like it at ALL. But that was because I didn't understand what it was trying to tell me. So as I watched it a few more times, the message sunk in and I came to truly appreciate it for what it was.

i totally second that.
i liked the video but the comments on youtube were pretty much monotonous and annoying.
Posted on: 2010/6/9 22:39
  •  black_tokyo_rose
      black_tokyo_rose
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I think it could actually be interpreted in a few ways. For sure though, it's a sheer challenge to, well, everything that can possibly be challenged. Institutionally, morally, psychologically... hahaha. In that way, it was pretty cool. But just too heavy for my taste. Love the song though. Latino sound
Posted on: 2010/6/9 23:40
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
?Using blasphemy as entertainment is as cheap as a comedian telling a fart joke,? shrieks Katy Perry on Twitter, whilst Lady G elaborates,?it's a celebration and an admiration of gay love, It confesses my envy of the courage and bravery they require to be together, in the video I'm pining for the love of my gay friends, but they just don't want me to be with them."

?Alejandro? is co- written and produced by RedOne, real name Khayat a Moroccan national, who made Sweden his base in 1991, which accounts for the unmistakable Swedish pop feel going on, the music press places ?Alejandro? firmly in the Ace of Base - Abba pop genre...interesting bi sexuality is the main theme behind Poker Face produced similarly by Red One... Lady G dedicates the song to past boyfriends.....an interesting analogy.....
Posted on: 2010/6/10 7:02
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Re: LADY GAGA <> VIDEO
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

hikaruomega wrote:
Quote:

Alex0821 wrote:

i totally second that.
i liked the video but the comments on youtube were pretty much monotonous and annoying.

I third that. The comment was right on.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/6/10 8:50
Re: LADY GAGA VIDEO
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19 Male VA
Oh my god. This video is stunning. The amount of work Lady GaGa puts into her music and videos is almost inhuman. She just keeps raising the bar so much. I'm very very very impressed by this video. I'd almost go so far as to say this could be her iconic moment/video but... I thought the same thing with Telephone.. and Bad Romance.. It just keeps getting better.
Posted on: 2010/6/10 20:01
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>