Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Fly Me to the Moon?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I have a question about Utada's releases of Fly Me to the Moon. It appears on both the Wait & See ~Risk~ and Beautiful World/Kiss & Cry singles, and both are named Fly Me to the Moon (In Other Words) and Fly Me to the Moon (In Other Words) -2007-Mix-, respectively.
I'm just wondering, after listening to both, I hear no difference between the two tracks, so why is the "newer" version called -2007 Mix- if there's no discernible difference between them? Can any one answer this? It's really bugging me!
Posted on: 2010/6/25 11:55
Re: Fly Me to the Moon?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Maybe it's just me, but I hear a string piece in the 2007 mix that I don't believe accompanies the original. There's also a slightly different vocal track in terms of the arrangement of certain harmony parts. All very minor alterations...all in all, the song pretty much sounds like a repackaged version of the original.

Obviously, the main purpose of the 2007 mix was to be used as the theme for the Rebuild of Evangelion anime. I'm pretty sure they just tossed it into the most time relevant single package for the die-hard fans.
Posted on: 2010/6/25 15:40
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic