Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market.

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market.
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
Are you stupid? Korea has a DYING music thats all about hype and no money making. Why do you think all those dumb generic kpop groups are trying to make it in Japan if Korea is so great?

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/8/6 14:43
  •  Sakura'10
      Sakura'10
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/Male/Portugal
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:
Are you stupid? Korea has a DYING music thats all about hype and no money making. Why do you think all those dumb generic kpop groups are trying to make it in Japan if Korea is so great?

You have a point. I never thought that was the reason K-Pop groups were promoting in Japan.
Posted on: 2010/8/6 14:49
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
a big no!
Posted on: 2010/8/6 20:05
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!

What's with all violent reactions? Well, at least you all have your voices on this discussion.

Of course, Hikki will not be foraying in Korea. Maybe foray to Korea just for a concert or album promotins, that's all.

So stop bragging!
Posted on: 2010/8/7 20:06
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

kevinmarickgale wrote:
Imagine hikki sing korean songs, and it's very obvious that K-Pop is now dominating over J-Pop all over Asia. K-Pop is the most in-demand genre in the Asian market, and there are also in fact Japanese artists who tried their luck on South Korea like Ahyoomee (now known as ICONIQ) from SM Entertainment, and many more. What do you think? ♪

Uhm, I disagree. Maybe it's better if she promote her Japanese/English albums in Korea(since she's fluent in both languages). South Korea themselves is killing their own music industry. IMHO. And please don't hate me, I'am also a Kpop fan. I listen to Kpop when I'm in a good mood and whenever I've got a hyper feeling. But recently, I mean this year, Korea's music industry has been in chaos. They're waaay too crowded with several Idol groups and its getting sicker and sicker everyday. Plus, the recent attack of Korean groups trying to make it in the Japanese market is silly. They should've just leave Jpop alone since their forte is Kpop. Some of them creates good Jpop songs somehow (ex: BoA, Se7en, Tohoshinki and Big Bang) but Korean artists should not overcrowd Japan.

Also, Kpop is in demand because of the catchy music and cute dancing idols. But the music itself is dying, most of the newly released kpop songs has silly lyrics too. Only the old ones are good. As time flies, Kpop is slowly dying. Whereas in Jpop, you have a variety of music. Other genres are alive. Yes they have girl and boy groups but the rock scene is there, the solo artists are active, ballad, hip-hop & rap. That's why Jpop never fail to amuse me. And Jpop netizens aren't that bold and harsh as Kpop netizens nowadays.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/8/8 10:59
Quote:

ChanOng wrote:

Lets wish that there would come a time again that J-pop is at is height, and I'll support Hikki all the way!

Jpop never fade. It's just that sparkly Koreans caught people ATM.

Posted on: 2010/8/8 11:02
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
woah, didnt know swallowtail made it as a mod
anyway, she should just stick to the jpop market
i hate her american image
and korean is just nahhhhhhhhhhhhh
shes the super ballad type, not the snsd dance type
Posted on: 2010/8/15 3:25
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:

JJ, srsly? SNSD
Her American image was just fine. It lacked a lot of promotion but her image was okay for me.

About the Korean market, they're like to me now.

Posted on: 2010/8/15 7:52
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L California
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

kevinmarickgale wrote:
Imagine hikki sing korean songs, and it's very obvious that K-Pop is now dominating over J-Pop all over Asia. K-Pop is the most in-demand genre in the Asian market, and there are also in fact Japanese artists who tried their luck on South Korea like Ahyoomee (now known as ICONIQ) from SM Entertainment, and many more. What do you think? ♪

Uhm, I disagree. Maybe it's better if she promote her Japanese/English albums in Korea(since she's fluent in both languages). South Korea themselves is killing their own music industry. IMHO. And please don't hate me, I'am also a Kpop fan. I listen to Kpop when I'm in a good mood and whenever I've got a hyper feeling. But recently, I mean this year, Korea's music industry has been in chaos. They're waaay too crowded with several Idol groups and its getting sicker and sicker everyday. Plus, the recent attack of Korean groups trying to make it in the Japanese market is silly. They should've just leave Jpop alone since their forte is Kpop. Some of them creates good Jpop songs somehow (ex: BoA, Se7en, Tohoshinki and Big Bang) but Korean artists should not overcrowd Japan.

Also, Kpop is in demand because of the catchy music and cute dancing idols. But the music itself is dying, most of the newly released kpop songs has silly lyrics too. Only the old ones are good. As time flies, Kpop is slowly dying. Whereas in Jpop, you have a variety of music. Other genres are alive. Yes they have girl and boy groups but the rock scene is there, the solo artists are active, ballad, hip-hop & rap. That's why Jpop never fail to amuse me. And Jpop netizens aren't that bold and harsh as Kpop netizens nowadays.

I have the exact same thoughts as you do. Kpop is popular... right now. It's only because of the recent "catchy" and "hip" music that's being released nowadays. I'm sure there is a bunch of other genres still alive and active, but they're overshadowed by the superficial and forgettable music that's been dominating the music scene in Korea. Jpop is much more to my tastes and I could never get bored with it. (Btw, I still like some Kpop music, so I'm not a hater. I'm just stating my views on the Korean music scene)

And ugh! Kpop netizens! Seriously, they have no life to complain about every little thing. I still find them entertaining to mock. :)

Anyways, back to the topic. Unless Utada becomes fluent in the Korean language, you won't ever see her singing Korean music. She likes to write all her music and sing her own lyrics. Very original indeed. But there's not much wrong with her promoting her other albums over there.

Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:

Utada's always been herself when she releases her stuff. It's no different with her U.S. image. Maybe it's her actual U.S. music that you don't like? Her English lyrics are more Americanized, but not in a bad way. I found her English music to be very real and relatable to many people in the U.S.
Posted on: 2010/8/15 12:23
  •  mistykz
      mistykz
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Also consider that because she doesn't know Korean, someone else would be writing her music. Is that what we really want?
Posted on: 2010/8/15 13:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>