Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market.

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Re: Utada Hikaru SHOULD start foraying to the Korean market.
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:
Why do you think all those dumb generic kpop groups are trying to make it in Japan if Korea is so great?

They aren't trying to make it big in Japan. Kpop groups release their music in Japan for their Japanese fans, not the fame. All they do is translate their most popular song and re-release their album (which stays in Korean).
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/8/15 16:39
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:
Why do you think all those dumb generic kpop groups are trying to make it in Japan if Korea is so great?

They aren't trying to make it big in Japan. Kpop groups release their music in Japan for their Japanese fans, not the fame. All they do is translate their most popular song and re-release their album (which stays in Korean).

I don't really think so. 4Minute had a few fans in Japan before they started to enter the Japanese market. And why is it that after they saw the big success of Tohoshinki and BoA several Korean artists tried to enter Japan. Even though their fanbase weren't that big enough. It's just the same if Asian artists try to make it in America. America has a huge market, Japan has the 2nd.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/8/16 2:09
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Why Korean musicians tout for business in Japan ?????..

Two possible reasons, the first relates to Korea being one of main offenders of copyright piracy, the second being shackled to an industry that is obsessed with ?artistic? agencies like SM Entertainment,

http://blog.mtviggy.com/2010/04/16/top-10-biggest-k-pop-crossovers-to-japan/
Court invalidates 'slave-like contract' for entertainers....

http://www.kpoplive.com/2010/07/05/yuri-sooyoung-and-sm-entertainment-support-celebrity-rights-and-fair-contracts/

http://smtownjjang.wordpress.com/2010/08/12/disruptions-in-activities-and-lawsuits-with-sm-entertainment-and-previously-associated-artist/

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2010/08/113_71408.html

http://www.dkpopnews.net/2010/08/news-court-invalidates-slave-like.html]#

http://www.time.com/time/asia/covers/1101020729/money.html

......BoA is a shareholder in SM entertainment.....

?BoA has extended her contract with SM Entertainment until 2012. She is also a share holder of SM Entertainment? ...since 2003, although this article suggests since 2000......

Although current trading statements point to 2003 ....not available on line....

http://aqcayrin.multiply.com/reviews/item/10#

My Kpop aficionado?s tells me ?rock-a-billy? revue act The Rocktigers will break in the US.....

http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/rocktigers-881347

Would Hikki want to enter a market with these issues ...??
Posted on: 2010/8/16 6:53
^ I haven't read all the given articles yet.

Here's what for me, SM Entertainment is a scumbag agency. I'm pretty sure they're just supporting their celebrity rights because SME is afraid of losing billions of Won in their hands. Of course all agencies are afraid of that too, but SME is an exception. SME handles their talents as robotic as they could; in counterpart of Japan's Johnny's Entertainment.

Just wtf it is to have released an album, then it will have a version a, b, c, *sadkljasldjaowudasd|*----z. (I'm exaggerating) after those versions, singles will be released. Pathetic marketing strategy. Only those insane fans would buy their crap.

In the wide competition of the Kpop industry, groups are just popping and popping every minute. In the late 2009 and this year, there have been 17 groups debuted/to debut. How would you expect them to be now? Ever since Kpop bloated up, it's as if the Korean music industry panicked and talent agencies just wanted to have plenty of groups thinking that the whole world would support them. But hell no, they can't even tell that its getting lame. I liked DBSK, Super Junior, 2ne1, SNSD and BoA. But I can't stomach the rest that will debut any longer. My ears are bleeding from hearing the same auto-tuned kpop now. They should fix it.

Posted on: 2010/8/16 9:07
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:

I don't really think so. 4Minute had a few fans in Japan before they started to enter the Japanese market. And why is it that after they saw the big success of Tohoshinki and BoA several Korean artists tried to enter Japan. Even though their fanbase weren't that big enough. It's just the same if Asian artists try to make it in America. America has a huge market, Japan has the 2nd.

You have proven my point. 4Minute released their first Japanese single on May 5. Let me inform you that this single only had one Japanese song on it, which was the most popular of theirs at the time. The rest was in Korean. On May 8, they held a concert and reports say that the tickets were sold out in a short period of time. Do you really consider that a few fans?

As for Korean artists following Tohoshinki and BoA, there were other Kpop artists in Japan before them. The Korean Girl S.E.S. released 3 albums before Tohoshinki and BoA. Also, there were several kpop artists who debuted in Japan before Tohoshinki. Some of them are: BoA (obviously), Rain, and Se7en. No one is going to Japan because of the success of other artists. So what's your reason now?

An example to prove my point:
Korean singer Rain re-released his mini-album, Back To The Basic(which only had one Japanese song on it, which was the most popular from the album) in Japan and then held a series of concerts through Japan for his Japanese fans. He said he chose the Zepp's because he wanted it to be a close and intimate time with his fans. He didn't have to release the album in Japan, but he did, for the fans in Japan. He wasn't trying to garner sales. Now, that's what I call, "for the fans", don't you think?

And as for this ⇩:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Just wtf it is to have released an album, then it will have a version a, b, c, *sadkljasldjaowudasd|*----z. (I'm exaggerating) after those versions, singles will be released. Pathetic marketing strategy. Only those insane fans would buy their crap.

How is that a pathetic marketing strategy? They do it, not only in Korea, but in America and Japan, too. Some artists who do it are: Tohoshinki, Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, MEG, BoA, and a LOTmore others. The equivalent of Korea's "Version A, B, and C" is Japan's "CD, CD+DVD, CD+2DVD, and CD+random items". So, you must think it's pathetic that Utada Hikaru does it too, correct?
Posted on: 2010/8/16 11:21
  •  pompon
      pompon
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L F/23/Warsaw,Poland
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:So, you must think it's pathetic that Utada Hikaru does it too, correct?
Utada doesn't do that. The only single that has multiple versions is Boku wa Kuma. There were paper-case versions for Be My Last and Passion but they seemed to be for those who can afford the normal CD+DVD version. And even when she released re-cut single for PoL there were PV, two versions of the song with 2 karaoke and extremely nice booklet so it was actually worth the money.
Posted on: 2010/8/16 12:51
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
Quote:

pompon wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:So, you must think it's pathetic that Utada Hikaru does it too, correct?
Utada doesn't do that. The only single that has multiple versions is Boku wa Kuma. There were paper-case versions for Be My Last and Passion but they seemed to be for those who can afford the normal CD+DVD version. And even when she released re-cut single for PoL there were PV, two versions of the song with 2 karaoke and extremely nice booklet so it was actually worth the money.

If you want to be technical, for "Automatic/Time Will Tell", "Movin' On Without You", and "First Love", she released 8 & 12cm versions. Each version contained different remixes and karaoke versions. For "Wait & See", "Traveling", "Colors", and "Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro", she released CD and DVD single versions. For "Keep Tryin'" she released a CD and CD+DVD version. If you want to put it into terms, these releases would be considered "Version A, B & C".
Posted on: 2010/8/16 16:14
Jiremi wrote:

Quote:
You have proven my point. 4Minute released their first Japanese single on May 5. Let me inform you that this single only had one Japanese song on it, which was the most popular of theirs at the time. The rest was in Korean. On May 8, they held a concert and reports say that the tickets were sold out in a short period of time. Do you really consider that a few fans?

- That concert depends on their venue. And as far as I know, there are tons of Koreans in Japan. Of course, they know about 4minute. When the ticket was sold out, do you think only the Japanese patronized it? And what I was saying was that, they had a few Japanese fans before they debut there of course after that debut they get to promote themselves and their songs aired on radios and TV shows.

Quote:
As for Korean artists following Tohoshinki and BoA, there were other Kpop artists in Japan before them. The Korean Girl S.E.S. released 3 albums before Tohoshinki and BoA. Also, there were several kpop artists who debuted in Japan before Tohoshinki. Some of them are: BoA (obviously), Rain, and Se7en. No one is going to Japan because of the success of other artists. So what's your reason now?

But who made the biggest record then? Whenever a KPOP artist is asked who their inspiration for trying it in the Japanese Market, they always mention BoA and Tohoshinki. I've set them as my example because they were the top Korean artists who've been successful in Japan until this point. Well, fans are always their second reason for it.

Quote:
How is that a pathetic marketing strategy? They do it, not only in Korea, but in America and Japan, too. Some artists who do it are: Tohoshinki, Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, MEG, BoA, and a LOTmore others. The equivalent of Korea's "Version A, B, and C" is Japan's "CD, CD+DVD, CD+2DVD, and CD+random items". So, you must think it's pathetic that Utada Hikaru does it too, correct?

In SME is waay different. They release a Version A, with different cover and pictures, then Version B with another set of different cover and pictures. But the tracks ARE THE SAME. They only differ in the covers and pictures inside it. After that, they will release another single of whatsoever. They do not add remixed version. Does Utada do something as pathetic as that? If they want the fans to have a collectible items, why do they re-release versions with the same tracks but with different pictures, they should've just sell collectible pictures and posters. Because what they're doing is nonsense.

Posted on: 2010/8/16 21:50
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered

SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY, but Hikki DID really changed Japan! ^_^
Posted on: 2010/8/16 22:33
^ Kevin - you've got a chance to change your post or I'll delete it. It eats a lot of space in this thread.

Posted on: 2010/8/16 22:37
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>