•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Kidd
      Kidd
Re: "Utada Hikaru SINGLE COLLECTION VOL. 2"
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I made a "wallpaper" for this special release
here I put link if you'd like to download it http://www.mediafire.com/?c18c5cvhb9y1mws
sorry if it's crappy (◜._.◝)
Posted on: 2010/11/25 15:09
  •  PensukeD
      PensukeD
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

EezyBreezy wrote:
If she doesn't outsell ARASHI then ... well I've lost my faith in Japan's music tastes. XD Haha.

Yeah.. no offense to the Arashi fans but... I hate their songs so much... I've attempted many times to like them, downloading 4 different albums. But it's so DAMN boring! Even after watching Tokujou Kabachi, I still couldn't tolerate their song. I don't think I've ever managed to not like a song of a drama that I enjoyed.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world if she doesn't get no.1 And who knows, maybe she'll jump to the top like YUI's single did this week after two days ^^.
Posted on: 2010/11/25 14:02
  •  Kidd
      Kidd
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
OMG!just found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj2MFhwNYmQ&feature=related
They did it perfectly well!
MICKEY how about a dance lessons 4 me?
Posted on: 2010/11/25 13:44
  •  EezyBreezy
      EezyBreezy
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/F/Canada
Hope you're right Bluesfighter09 <3

I really really want this album to do well. I'm sure it will because it's Utada, it'll be her last release for a while, it has new songs, and by the sounds of it's had tons of coverage and promotion and all that good stuff.

Go Utada go <3

If she doesn't outsell ARASHI then ... well I've lost my faith in Japan's music tastes. XD Haha.
Posted on: 2010/11/25 11:35
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
Well I know that the CD Japan first press bonus sold out around the day of its premature charting on Oricon, so I'm thinking those international tallies (and the pre-orders from YesAsia,HMV,Tower, and others) won't count until the end of the first weeks total or they've all been shipped. On 2nd thought, I'm really thinking that these 1st three days were a Thanksgiving holiday-related flimsy and that sales will steadily or rapidly increase once the regular venues are all open and people hear more of her radio interviews. Her tickets sold out astonishingly fast for the December concerts and even the live broadcasting theatres, so I'm still totally faithful in this being a million-selling release, MAYBE double million in long term...

Someone did point out a really essential fact that all her (album) releases, Japanese or otherwise, have sold @ least half of their grand totals in the 1st week until now, but like I said the J-pop industry has changed and so has those CD buying demographics (she has fans of all ages and racial demographics of course, but that biggest Japan CD-buying demographic of 20-35, not to mention teens, are just not turning out for solo artists like they once did regardless of quality. I'm theorizing UHSC Vol. 2 will have an extensive, two years plus trajectory, like Kobikuro's Single Collection but perhaps a relatively underwhelming sales debut (300K+). All these other setbacks can CERTAINLY be forgiven if the latter occurs...
Posted on: 2010/11/25 9:06
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
^Nah, the first one didn't have any either; but it really is fine when you think about it since we still have all these new wallpapers, screen savers, and promo pics to download and distribute via online! Its the music and content that matters the most @ the end of everything anyway...

I'm just surprised that sales recessed on the first official day from 57K back to 40K, especially since she's been all over radio and magazine/online publication interviews for the last few weeks leading up to this, not to mention the commercial tie-ins! I've pretty much abandoned (unwillingly that she'll pull the million jackpot but God I pray Japan will @ least see her through to half-a-mill' or otherwise better if she has an odd chance of beating out Arashi's 'Scenery I Beheld' in just a few weeks. Her Ninki polls were so high you'd be sure that be a few hundred thousand but we still have four days to go, and its by no means a flop considering how everyone else, in and outside of J-pop, have been performing the last year. The only other album released this year that can viably push her down to #3 @ Mr. Children's "Jellyfish" that's out on December 1st; they've done no discernible promotion or even single releases (except for the digital-only Fanfare) but as we know from Hikki's FIRST single collection, that doesn't mean stack of golden beans anymore in terms of record sales.

I'm thinking this will pull a "HS trajectory" and stay steady in the top 10 if it doesn't have the explosive 1st week we were expecting; and sell between 100-200 some-odd-#K until Oricon's ending week for 2010. I still have faith she can pull it off though, its just about convincing enuff of the buying public its totally worth the investment like it was in previous years for her. I still will not underestimate the power of word-of-mouth and last minute holiday gift grabs!
Posted on: 2010/11/25 9:06
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

utada4251 wrote:
I am a bit upset that there were no pictures whatsoever of her in the Single Collection. I was hoping for more beautiful pictures of her! :(

But either the volume 1 has no pictures right?

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/11/25 4:12
  •  Hikaru_Kuma
      Hikaru_Kuma
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Sales for wednesday the 24rd of November:
Posted on: 2010/11/25 3:11
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

utada4251 wrote:
I am a bit upset that there were no pictures whatsoever of her in the Single Collection. I was hoping for more beautiful pictures of her! :(

Yeah. I was hoping the album have pictures on it.
Posted on: 2010/11/25 2:40
  •  Somejuan0
      Somejuan0
UN Reporter
A/S/L Male
Posted on: 2010/11/24 22:07
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...891011121314...53>