cube
Re: "Utada Hikaru SINGLE COLLECTION VOL. 2"
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Quote:

Utadist wrote:
Quote:

cube wrote:
I mean, imagine the ads: "Her first international tour... The last concert series of a record breaking career lasting 12 years..." That, plus a photobook/kuma art book or something and they have a top seling DVD! lol Someone tell me I'm not delusional...

currently raving on that too

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Sure, it would cost like $90 seeing as how expensive UU2006 was, but I'd definitely buy it.

Also, whooooo!! My 100th post!
Posted on: 2010/12/28 11:23
  •  Utadist
      Utadist
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

cube wrote:
I mean, imagine the ads: "Her first international tour... The last concert series of a record breaking career lasting 12 years..." That, plus a photobook/kuma art book or something and they have a top seling DVD! lol Someone tell me I'm not delusional...

currently raving on that too
Posted on: 2010/12/28 10:40
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Quote:

robbyds wrote:
as expected can't wait for xmas is already dropping in itunes japan. it currently sits at #5..on the albums front, SCV2 is still staying strong dropping just 1 spot to #2 (#1 goes to lady gaga!!!). I think she'll recover fast in a day or two (i don't know how gaga can sustain at the top considering that this is an old album, albeit a very popular one).

in the oricon's daily charts, SCV2 chart run for the week was:
6-8-7-6-7-7-8 so averaging the ranks (though this is not a full-proof method) SCv2 will probably sit at #7 this week in the albums charts.

Not bad, actually. Considering it came out more than a month ago I'm impressed that it's still in the top 10. Anyone know what the total sales up til now are?

BTW, I know Hikki said something on Twitter about not closing her Twitter account in January because she still has one release ahead (Wild Life on TV) or something like that. Now I'm sad about her eventually leaving Twitter but, where does that leave In The Flesh? It's almost the end of the year and there's no sign of it like teruzane promised... Also, does that rule out a Wild Life DVD/Bluray? Seriously, you can't film something with 20 HD cameras and not release it on BluRay. Am I the only one still hoping for an "Utada Hikaru LAST LIVE 2010: In The Flesh/WILD LIFE" DVD/BluRay release? There's no way EMI could pass on such a release. I mean, imagine the ads: "Her first international tour... The last concert series of a record breaking career lasting 12 years..." That, plus a photobook/kuma art book or something and they have a top seling DVD! lol Someone tell me I'm not delusional...
Posted on: 2010/12/28 9:49
  •  robbyds
      robbyds
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
as expected can't wait for xmas is already dropping in itunes japan. it currently sits at #5..on the albums front, SCV2 is still staying strong dropping just 1 spot to #2 (#1 goes to lady gaga!!!). I think she'll recover fast in a day or two (i don't know how gaga can sustain at the top considering that this is an old album, albeit a very popular one).

in the oricon's daily charts, SCV2 chart run for the week was:
6-8-7-6-7-7-8 so averaging the ranks (though this is not a full-proof method) SCv2 will probably sit at #7 this week in the albums charts.
Posted on: 2010/12/28 6:23
  •  robbyds
      robbyds
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
as i predicted, SCV2 is back at NUMBER 1 in itunes japan albums charts. Xmas is over and the holiday albums are dropping fast while SCV2's sales, I assume, have been steady. but interestingly, Can't Wait Till Christmas is still the #1 single in itunes.
Posted on: 2010/12/26 22:05
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
That is some good news! goes to show how well people love her songs!
i mean digital music could be the future of the industry so its great that her songs have good reception online.

by the way, i finally got my own copy!
Posted on: 2010/12/26 20:10
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Well, Can't Wait Til Christmas is currently the #1 song on iTunes Japan and is also #1 on the Chaku-uta Full and Weekly rankings:

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10songs.html
http://recochoku.jp/recochoku_ranking/full.html
http://recochoku.jp/recochoku_ranking/weekly_index.html
Posted on: 2010/12/26 7:49
  •  robbyds
      robbyds
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

Dayse wrote:
Does anybody know about the digital sales? because we all thought this album would be huge seller, all things pointed that, and then, it has "ok sales", I'm really curious 'bout the digital numbers! they must be expressive!

i'm also wondering about the same thing. Utada has always been a HUGE digital seller and SCV2 is no exception. it was number 1 in itunes japan top albums charts for 4 weeks straight. it then dropped to number 5 then quickly regained the #1 position. currently, it sits comfortably at #3 with the top 2 albums being xmas albums (which will sure to drop once the holidays are over). SCV2 is even ahead of Ayu's LOVE SONGS which was only recently released! i hope they do a press release for the digital sales for this album (with sales of the new singles included)

physical CD sales are sluggish though. it is certified as 2x platinum for 500,000 shipped to retailers but sales are actually about 360,000.
Posted on: 2010/12/26 7:10
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
truth is I heard a lot of people chose to download the album than actually buying the physical cd cause a lot of the songs were already in her previous albums and all they wanted to hear were the new songs, i don't really have the exact numbers though
Posted on: 2010/12/20 5:13
  •  Dayse
      Dayse
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Does anybody know about the digital sales? because we all thought this album would be huge seller, all things pointed that, and then, it has "ok sales", I'm really curious 'bout the digital numbers! they must be expressive!
Posted on: 2010/12/19 18:30
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567...53>