confessemoir
Re: "Utada Hikaru SINGLE COLLECTION VOL. 2"
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/M/La Jolla
Quote:

JayUtada wrote:
Quote:

cube wrote:
OK, I'm seeing a lot of whining and dissapointment here so I'm gonna post what I said in another forum:

First: do these sales include the pre-orders, because IIRC the album hit the top of the pre-order charts (incl Amazon JP) the 1st day it was available for pre-order. Also, honestly, we should be happy with this situation. It's at #1 and it hasn't even been a week yet. In addition to that, a read on another forum that her December concerts had already sold out.

Let's stop and think about all she's done this year:

U.S. / U.K. Tour
In The Flesh 2010 digital video release (apparently by the end of next month)
Pepsi NEX CM (Hymn a whatever)
Pepsi NEX CM (Can't Wait Till Christmas)
Involved in Morinaga's '1 Choco for 1 Smile' campaign (Arashi no Megami)
Movie theme (Show me Love (Not a Dream) for Ashita no Joe)
5 new songs
A PV (Goodbye Happiness)
Best Album
Some public (radio, magazines) appearences
Her first Japanese concerts in 4 years (WILD LIFE)
WILD LIFE will be screened across theatres in Japan, "making this the largest screening of its kind in Japan"
She's on Twitter
WILD LIFE will be broadcast on TV
Her face plastered all over Japanese streets (have you seen those pics on Twitter?) and Japanese magazines

All this keeping in mind that she's essentially dissapeared from Japan for the past 2 years. Considering she's like the quietest celebrity in Japan, we got a lot this year. This must be the most public she's been in her whole career. I'm not happy with these numbers either; but with all that said, we should all stop (censored)ing over sales.

She's still number one (literally) and, shouldn't it only matter that we love her and her music, regardless of sales?

I think you misunderstand cube. We're not upset that she's not doing enough to get the sales. We're upset that, despite EVERYTHING she's done, her sales are very low.

I still have faith that Utada will reach the 1 million mark. Not by the end of this year, probably, but sooner or later.

Yeah, I agree with JayUtada. We KNOW she's been gone for two years from Japan and we know that she's a quiet celebrity compared to others. We love her music without a doubt, and this is all that matters ultimately. We're just disappointed that the album hasn't sold well so far despite all the efforts. We're not complaining about the sales; we're just a bit shocked as to why people aren't buying as what we expected. I guess we're a bit accustomed to her sales, so some of us are just surprised.

But cube, you are right in that we have not considered the preorders or the sold-out status of her concert.

In the end, we all known the fact that she released this album for the fans, directed a music video for the fans, and is going to perform a concert for the fans, is more than we could have ever wished for. Hikki is just wonderful <3
Posted on: 2010/11/26 17:06
  •  JayUtada
      JayUtada
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

cube wrote:
OK, I'm seeing a lot of whining and dissapointment here so I'm gonna post what I said in another forum:

First: do these sales include the pre-orders, because IIRC the album hit the top of the pre-order charts (incl Amazon JP) the 1st day it was available for pre-order. Also, honestly, we should be happy with this situation. It's at #1 and it hasn't even been a week yet. In addition to that, a read on another forum that her December concerts had already sold out.

U.S. / U.K. Tour
5 new songs
A PV (Goodbye Happiness)
Best Album
WILD LIFE will be screened across theatres in Japan, "making this the largest screening of its kind in Japan"
She's on Twitter
Her face plastered all over Japanese streets (have you seen those pics on Twitter?) and Japanese magazines

All this keeping in mind that she's essentially dissapeared from Japan for the past 2 years. Considering she's like the quietest celebrity in Japan, we got a lot this year. This must be the most public she's been in her whole career. I'm not happy with these numbers either; but with all that said, we should all stop (censored)ing over sales.

She's still number one (literally) and, shouldn't it only matter that we love her and her music, regardless of sales?

I think you misunderstand cube. We're not upset that she's not doing enough to get the sales. We're upset that, despite EVERYTHING she's done, her sales are very low.

I still have faith that Utada will reach the 1 million mark. Not by the end of this year, probably, but sooner or later.
Posted on: 2010/11/26 16:49
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY

U.S. / U.K. Tour
5 new songs
A PV (Goodbye Happiness)
Best Album
She's on Twitter

Posted on: 2010/11/26 15:51
  •  confessemoir
      confessemoir
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/M/La Jolla
Quote:

EezyBreezy wrote:
Wow, I gotta say I'm really disappointed in those sales. =( But I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, her sales have steadily been dropping over the years.
The album's doing quite well on iTunes at least.

I know the amount of sales isn't what matters, it's the music, but still. I really like Utada a lot so I wanted her to do better than this.

You never know, we might be shocked and the sales might just pick up.

I know and I agree. I do care how she does too, especially since she's been doing incredibly well all these years. Heart Station sold quite well in its first week so i'm just shocked at the drop there is now. I really do hope the sales pick up. Hopefully, her upcoming concert will help.
Posted on: 2010/11/26 14:57
  •  EezyBreezy
      EezyBreezy
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 21/F/Canada
Wow, I gotta say I'm really disappointed in those sales. =( But I guess I shouldn't be that surprised, her sales have steadily been dropping over the years.
The album's doing quite well on iTunes at least.

I know the amount of sales isn't what matters, it's the music, but still. I really like Utada a lot so I wanted her to do better than this.

You never know, we might be shocked and the sales might just pick up.
Posted on: 2010/11/26 14:37
  •  confessemoir
      confessemoir
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/M/La Jolla
Quote:

山本_passion wrote:
sales for 25th of november: 26,843

Oh my gosh, I was completely wrong about her sales going to massively pick up. I was defending her against people too. I was sure that this album was going to sell like hotcakes just like UHSCV1 did. But alas, I was wrong This makes me really sad. As well promoted as this album was so, there are reasons why these sales have been lacking by Utada's standards:

1. Hikki had been gone from the J-pop scene since 2008 with no appearances or performances at all during this time. I feel like people have forgotten about her.
2. There were really no strong singles to support this album
3. It's a different time and there are apparently different tastes now in J-POP (*ahem Arashi)
4. Her post telling fans to not buy Utada the Best could have possibly thrown people off...or not.

I'm disappointed that it's not selling as much as I expected. But I have the album, so I'm totally happy. And Hikki will always be my favorite artist no matter what. Ultimately, I don't care about how much she sells. It's the music that's important.
Posted on: 2010/11/26 13:46
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
sales for 25th of november: 26,843
Posted on: 2010/11/26 9:15
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
she will comeback as she said so before. the question is when is it gonna happen.

the important thing is we (her fans) are there when she comes back from her hiatus.

i really hope she visits manila by then.
Posted on: 2010/11/26 8:32
  •  Somejuan0
      Somejuan0
UN Reporter
A/S/L Male
I agree as well about the pictures. I was hoping to have that awesome picture she took on the bridge in the booklet or something.

In regards to her comeback, I really can't wait as well! =) So, you're not in this alone.
Posted on: 2010/11/25 20:14
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L Canada/New York
It would have been nice to have pictures of Hikki in the booklet, but oh well. I have faith as well that her album will sell a lot. Hikki has a strong fanbase, and even better, her music appeals to a wide variety of ages and nationalities. But, if she doesn't get #1, it won't make a difference to me because she'll still be Hikki.

Though she isn't gone yet, I'm really excited for her comeback...is that weird? Seeing how it's about 3-5 years away haha. I feel like there will be so many wonderful things happening when she comes back, that we will be overwhelmed XD
Posted on: 2010/11/25 20:10
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...78910111213...53>