A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

Q wrote:
LMAO at this comment on twitter:
Quote:
AutomaticTLC:
Utada has announced a break from music so she can be human and eat McDonalds. Japan is playing Utada clips like she died. #missyoualready

Gotta love Japan for that one (for playing her clips) and AutomaticTLC for the amazing overview of what's happening. =D I guess that shows that she really is the Michael Jackson of Japan. She doesn't even have to die for people to mourn her absence!
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/8/11 10:53
Re:
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

Canitoch wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

Canitoch wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Why are people so quick to suspect contracts being over and failing labels? Why can't people just accept the fact that Utada wants to take a break. It's not that uncommon. In America, singers take breaks all the time. Many release albums every 2-4 years and almost all feel deprived of a childhood or social life because of the business. Utada's doing what any other American singer does. Eventually, in anyone's career, they just need a break, time to reanalyze and focus. It's normal . Just be happy with the 12 years Utada has been entertaining us and finally let her have a moment for herself.

A contract being up doesn't mean it's bad. It just means it's up. I never said she's lying about the whole wanting to take a break, or that it's not a factor, because it is.

If she wanted to continue writing music in EMI, she would've renewed her contract right? Well she doesnt, she basically said so herself (she wants a break). I'm just saying she's most likely just finishing up her contract because she is releasing this Singles Collection v2 with some bonus tracks. Why else would she make it? If she's tired of music, she wouldn't be in the process of making new stuff lol.

What "failing labels"? We didn't even said that. Where'd it come from? Anyway, if an artist is signed into a contract there's always and end of it and you have to sign another contract if it ended and if you want to continue working with them. That goes not only for Utada.

@Canitoch:
She never said her contract was up, nor did she say she was tired of music. She is writing music, still, for EMI. Just because she's releasing a Single Collection Vol. 2 with bonus tracks, doesn't mean she's finishing up a contract. That's just what your friend speculates. It's common for bonus tracks to be added to a BEST (Singles in this case) album. That's what makes it worth buying. Also, the fact that Utada is going on this break for only-she-knows how long, she might feel like she should add new material for fans because of this sudden announcement. To end an era n a good note, ya know?

@soulhunter14:
Canitoch said:
Quote:
EMI is one of the worst record labels to be in since it's close to bankruptcy

That's what would be considered a "failing record label", right? Regardless if EMI is close to bankruptcy, it's clearly not the reason for Utada's break. That is all I'm saying. I just don't understand why people can't accept Utada's reasoning for the break. No hard feelings, though. These are only opinions.

If her contract wasnt up you think EMI is going to let her sit there for years and not do anything? :p

Yes I do. She's been with them for 12 years now and is most likely their highest selling artist ever. Why not let her have a year or two off? Island basically let her have 5 years off. She wrote a couple songs between then.

I think you misunderstood Canitoch here. What I understood about what he said is that before the contract expires, they must do a project before they let go of Hikki.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/8/11 10:52
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Re:
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Canitoch wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

Canitoch wrote:
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
Why are people so quick to suspect contracts being over and failing labels? Why can't people just accept the fact that Utada wants to take a break. It's not that uncommon. In America, singers take breaks all the time. Many release albums every 2-4 years and almost all feel deprived of a childhood or social life because of the business. Utada's doing what any other American singer does. Eventually, in anyone's career, they just need a break, time to reanalyze and focus. It's normal . Just be happy with the 12 years Utada has been entertaining us and finally let her have a moment for herself.

A contract being up doesn't mean it's bad. It just means it's up. I never said she's lying about the whole wanting to take a break, or that it's not a factor, because it is.

If she wanted to continue writing music in EMI, she would've renewed her contract right? Well she doesnt, she basically said so herself (she wants a break). I'm just saying she's most likely just finishing up her contract because she is releasing this Singles Collection v2 with some bonus tracks. Why else would she make it? If she's tired of music, she wouldn't be in the process of making new stuff lol.

What "failing labels"? We didn't even said that. Where'd it come from? Anyway, if an artist is signed into a contract there's always and end of it and you have to sign another contract if it ended and if you want to continue working with them. That goes not only for Utada.

@Canitoch:
She never said her contract was up, nor did she say she was tired of music. She is writing music, still, for EMI. Just because she's releasing a Single Collection Vol. 2 with bonus tracks, doesn't mean she's finishing up a contract. That's just what your friend speculates. It's common for bonus tracks to be added to a BEST (Singles in this case) album. That's what makes it worth buying. Also, the fact that Utada is going on this break for only-she-knows how long, she might feel like she should add new material for fans because of this sudden announcement. To end an era n a good note, ya know?

@soulhunter14:
Canitoch said:
Quote:
EMI is one of the worst record labels to be in since it's close to bankruptcy

That's what would be considered a "failing record label", right? Regardless if EMI is close to bankruptcy, it's clearly not the reason for Utada's break. That is all I'm saying. I just don't understand why people can't accept Utada's reasoning for the break. No hard feelings, though. These are only opinions.

If her contract wasnt up you think EMI is going to let her sit there for years and not do anything? :p

Yes I do. She's been with them for 12 years now and is most likely their highest selling artist ever. Why not let her have a year or two off? Island basically let her have 5 years off. She wrote a couple songs between then.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/8/11 10:47
Re:
Quote:

Q wrote:
Quote:
AutomaticTLC:
Utada has announced a break from music so she can be human and eat McDonalds. Japan is playing Utada clips like she died. #missyoualready

Posted on: 2010/8/11 10:13
Re:
Administrator
A/S/L
Quote:
AutomaticTLC:

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/8/11 9:04
Re:
Administrator
A/S/L

Posted on: 2010/8/11 7:59
Re:
Administrator
A/S/L
Mezamashi TV News Clip on Hikki's 'Break'.
Has a nice recap of her career~

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xee9ny_yyyyyyyyyy_lifestyle

Posted on: 2010/8/11 7:37
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re:
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
?Make your someday, your everyday?.... For Utada 2010 is the year to bring clarity and vision, and do just that...

Through 2007 to early 2008 Utada was finishing Heart Station and recording TiTo, released March 2009, there was little time for Hikki to take a breath between the two. A interesting point, highlighted earlier, an inkling or a first indication around the time of TiTo?s early promotion that Utada had consciously come to a decision, to have clear perspectives in respect to public life, and private life, the direction Utada wanted to go in, experiences yet to happen in her life, new ideas not connected to music to explore, what?s working or not working , directions for work- life, brought to a more stable footing, so by Winter 2010 Utada plans to have top and tailed all professional commitments, personally and contractually......

To achieve this certain opportunities must present themselves, to have outstanding contractual commitments remaining with EMI would ultimately undermine Utada?s vision and planning, and the considerable financial issues surrounding covenants EMI equity fund management must endure has fashioned the preverbal ?fork in the road?....

Utada: ?I didn't like it just to hide without showing up in front of my fans, and to jump into "human activities" with no regrets, I'm gonna go on full-throttle to do music activities till the end of this year!?.... also... ?I can focus on "human activities" with an easy mind thinking they will wait for my return, believing me? and finally... ?I guess each one of you has a different impression on my decision, but please believe me and wait for my return. I have no idea how long it gonna be - 2 years or 5 years, but I shall return, more matured. Give me some time?. .....

This change of heart presents new opportunities for Utada and Utadanet alike, to celebrate and reflect on Utada?s career, to be happy for Utada.... so to be speculative around Utada?s announcement is a natural response. Utada has pondered-reflected on certain career decisions, and life experiences her Mother has had to make, and ultimately having to endure as a Professional Enka performer/ musician. Utada?s Father has managed Hikki?s career path effectively enough to avoid these pitfalls.

It is scintillating coincidence indeed that Mum retired professionally at 28, how much did this effect Hikki? .....As an only child with parents both committed professionals in the music industry, both determinedly cosseting and nurturing, devoting time and resource into creating the environment that produced Utada songwriter, musician, and ultimately superstar... ?I've always worked on music ever since I was 15, spent my life overprotected by people around, so that "Utada Hikaru" can stick to music?....

Posted on: 2010/8/11 3:55
Re:
Quote:

Q wrote:
So I dont know if anyone else here has noticed ...
But Hikki's mother, Keiko Fuji, retired from her enka music career when she was also 28 years old.
And in January 2011, Hikki will be 28 as well ...
Coincidence?

[first noticed when i read about keiko fuji here http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2010/08/11/01.html ]

Also, it sounds like her Break is kind of being scheduled to start around her birthday (january 19)
Perhaps we will have another big event like her 20th Birthday Live streaming? (20Daiwa IKEIKE) ... maybe BIGGER!?

Who knows? Well atleast she told us about her leave and even said that she'll be back and she promised it. I will believe her words.

Posted on: 2010/8/11 2:15
Re:
Administrator
A/S/L
So I dont know if anyone else here has noticed ...
But Hikki's mother, Keiko Fuji, retired from her enka music career when she was also 28 years old.
And in January 2011, Hikki will be 28 as well ...
Coincidence?

[first noticed when i read about keiko fuji here http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2010/08/11/01.html ]

Also, it sounds like her Break is kind of being scheduled to start around her birthday (january 19)
Perhaps we will have another big event like her 20th Birthday Live streaming? (20Daiwa IKEIKE) ... maybe BIGGER!?

Posted on: 2010/8/11 1:40
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456789>