Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  How do you expect Hikki's music after 2-5years break on her career?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  forever_dreamer
      forever_dreamer
Re: How do you expect Hikki's music after 2-5years break on her career?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Forever Young XD/F/Bunny-Chocolate-Ice Cream Land
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
I think if nothing else, the new music she's getting ready to put out along with her singles collection will give an indication as to where Hikaru Utada is planning to go with her career. Right now she's in a major state of transition; it seems to me that after putting out "This Is The One", an album that harked back to her very first endeavors in the music world, following the experimental wave that carried her from "Deep River"/"Exodus" onward into "Heart Station" has really compelled her to put out some kind of call for orientation. As I see it, Utada has always struggled with who she is as an artist- not in a bad way, but in a way that gives her the motivation and the introspective sort of clarity to make music that doesn't necessarily follow a specific trend or pattern outside of its own natural non-linear development.

She also hinted in an interview during TITO promotions that she would like to return to Japan doing something really weird and different. While I'm personally pulling for a totally unexpected revelatory work a la "ULTRA BLUE", I'm not expecting anything in particular. She said in her blog that she would continue to write and record as the urge overtook her during her "hiatus", so it's my hope that when we do finally get a full-fledged release it will reflect the length of time she's been away in its composition. That's about all the speculation I'm willing to do at this point. :3

As an addendum, I would dispute that Hikki "changed" anything in her return to the States with TITO. On the contrary, it was "Exodus" that marked her true foray into independently creative music, and if anything it was at that point that she "changed." TITO was a step back to her roots, something I felt she was trying to emphasize in her communications regarding its theme- "Exodus," "ULTRA BLUE" and "HEART STATION" had taken her on a journey beyond the routine circulation of R&B/Pop musicality that characterized her first three albums, but "This Is The One" gave her the opportunity to ground herself and start anew in a fun, funky, no-strings-attached fashion. And we can all use some fun and funky Utada in our lives. That's just my interpretation, though, you may have another: I don't presume to understand the workings of Utada's artistic mentality, I merely adore theorizing about it. <3

Yeah it's fun theorizing about where her music will go next lol! I think her music will be mindblowing when she returns lol!
Posted on: 2010/8/17 8:51
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I expect Hikki after her long-term hiatus is for her to go electropop, funk and dance (but wait, haven't she done this on EXODUS before?).

I expect she will now collaborate with different artists not only in Japan and United States but also in other countries.

And also, I am looking forward for Hikki's promotions in the United States. If she will make a third international album, I just hope Island will promote her MORE like those artists on their current roster, and hoping it'll much be successful than her two international albums, Exodus and This Is The One.

Third international (English) album or a sixth Japanese album.

And an ASIAN TOUR, of course! Hikki is very, very popular not only in Japan and United States but also in Taiwan (remember the Ultra Blue era?) and other Asian countries.

Posted on: 2010/9/15 22:01
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
Quote:

kevinmarickgale wrote:
I expect Hikki after her long-term hiatus is for her to go electropop, funk and dance (but wait, haven't she done this on EXODUS before?).

I expect she will now collaborate with different artists not only in Japan and United States but also in other countries.

And also, I am looking forward for Hikki's promotions in the United States. If she will make a third international album, I just hope Island will promote her MORE like those artists on their current roster, and hoping it'll much be successful than her two international albums, Exodus and This Is The One.

And an ASIAN TOUR, of course! Hikki is very, very popular not only in Japan and United States but also in Taiwan (remember the Ultra Blue era?) and other Asian countries.

lol didnt her ultra blue album sell over 100,000 copies in opening week? i thought haha
Posted on: 2010/9/15 22:09
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

山本_passion wrote:
Quote:

kevinmarickgale wrote:

lol didnt her ultra blue album sell over 100,000 copies in opening week? i thought haha

No, I mean, ULTRA BLUE was promoted heavily in Taiwan in 2006.

Look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Blue#Taiwanese_promotion
Posted on: 2010/9/16 6:38
  •  Kawashima
      Kawashima
Re: How do you expect Hikki
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/F/Poland
I expect unexpected. Something like her last 3 japanese album would be good enough, but I hope she'll try her best in making different. new album with surprise songs like "Show me Love (Not a Dream)". I don't mean similar to it, but as unexpected as that one. I only hope she won't do any rap/techno experiments, ethreal sounds suit her much better.
Posted on: 2012/4/28 2:45
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan
in fact I would love Hikki loadss if she writes heavy rock/metal. She would really pack a punch.
I'm not prepared for a pregnancy tho
Posted on: 2012/4/28 4:02
  •  Kawashima
      Kawashima
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/F/Poland
Quote:

Jayenciel wrote:
in fact I would love Hikki loadss if she writes heavy rock/metal. She would really pack a punch.
I'm not prepared for a pregnancy tho

J-rock is more likely. Somehow Utada suddenly changing into heavy metal star... hard to imagine XD. However, just sa I wrote before, she's unpredictable.

Pregnacy... It would mean longer hiatus but I don't find it a bad idea. Actually, having children is what almost every woman wants after all. If she's ready, this could be the best moment. She's already achieved so much, even if hiatus would last for years, people won't forget about her too soon. The problem is, how to raise a child while you're so famous. She might go to USA again, and then her child could live away from paparazzi. Furthermore, if she was pregnant, we would at least know how is she doing. During almost 1,5 year of hiatus we only saw a few tweets, we know nothing about her current life. Hope she'f perfectly fine.
Posted on: 2012/4/28 6:30
  •  1Brando
      1Brando
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/La Puente, CA
Quote:

kevinmarickgale wrote:

Well, hopefully now, if she does plan to ever make a new english album when she returns from hiatus, it will no longer be with Island, because she renewed her contract with EMI as an 'international contract' (or something to that extent, when she said that the new contract gave her international access etc etc my wording isn't good haha) [but even though, now since Island / Def Jam bought Sony EMI idk how that's gonna happen...]
Posted on: 2012/4/29 21:46
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
for me it will be something new, fresh and different. However it will definitely be her style, like if you listen to it the first time, you won't mistake it for another artist.

Hope she visit my country for a concert this time around!
Posted on: 2012/4/30 6:14
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Honestly, I don't think she will be coming back unless she has somehow confirmed on twitter or so that she will be soon. I think she has gone whatever she has set out do when she started in the music industry and have one of your albums be the best selling all time in Japanese music history, that's quite an accolade. So I doubt she will, but to say that she does, I expect it to be the same. Maybe a little different, but not a change in style.
Posted on: 2012/4/30 13:32
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>