Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Discussion
  Why Korean artists enter the Japanese market?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  airac
      airac
Re: Why Korean artists enter the Japanese market?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Last week, Perfume's VOICE and Nakashima Mika's Ichiban Kirei na Watashi wo were still included in Oricon's Top 30...but now, they dropped already from Top 30, while KARA continues to chart Top 20 and SNSD still dominates Top 5. X|
Posted on: 2010/9/18 19:53
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
^Perfume sold 20,000 more than Kara's total sales in their first week. I don't really see what you're trying to say but it sounds retarded

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/9/19 0:50
  •  airac
      airac
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
I'm not really talking about the sales...my point is, without these idol groups from Korea, Perfume might still be included in Top 20-30 :P
Posted on: 2010/9/19 1:53
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I remember Korean girl group SES was the first Koreans to debut in Japan, am I right? Then what about Jyongri? She's a Korean but why did she establish a Japanese career?
Posted on: 2010/9/19 2:35
  •  joeri
      joeri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L not telling! :)
one reason and one reason only.... BIG MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!
Posted on: 2010/9/19 2:37
  •  AUtada
      AUtada
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
I hate the fact that they are trying to promote in Japan. They are like "stealing" the positions on the charts. They should just go back to their OWN country.
Posted on: 2010/9/19 3:56
  •  joeri
      joeri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L not telling! :)
Quote:

AUtada wrote:
I hate the fact that they are trying to promote in Japan. They are like "stealing" the positions on the charts. They should just go back to their OWN country.

if they are ''stealing'' on the charts then they are obviously good singers no?
Posted on: 2010/9/19 5:52
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
Quote:

airac wrote:
I'm not really talking about the sales...my point is, without these idol groups from Korea, Perfume might still be included in Top 20-30 :P

LOL...um yeah......sure No they wouldn't. Perfume has been charting an excess of five weeks now....they would've dropped off the top 30 sooner or later...shitty generic korean groups or not

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2010/9/19 7:52
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

DEEPRlVER wrote:
Quote:

airac wrote:

LOL...um yeah......sure No they wouldn't. Perfume has been charting an excess of five weeks now....they would've dropped off the top 30 sooner or later...shitty generic korean groups or not

I actually care for a couple or Girl's Generation songs.
---

DEEPRIVER is right. Nothing will stay within the top 10 without consistent sale through out the week. It just so happen we all brought VOICE if the first 3 weeks. That's cool with me. If they made if to #1 for 1 day I'd have been stoked, they remained in top 10 for 2 weeks. That's hard to do within the past 5 yrs.

ARASHI was in number #1 last week while SNSD's Genie was in #4. You should see the margin by which they outsold them. I don't even like ARASHI but it's a clear example of why I think Perfume would have still been out of the top 30 by then.

ARASHI's LOVE Rainbow sold 528,844 units. (I believe this is the new standard for platinum via physical units)

Girl's Generation's songfrom2yrsag-excuse me, Genie sold 44,900 units.

Even the #2 release from Glay was outdone in sales by 465,557 copies.
Posted on: 2010/9/19 8:09
  •  TurtleFu
      TurtleFu
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
@kevinmarickgale
JYONGRI was born in Japan to Korean parents (who may or may not have been born in Japan themselves - Koreans in Japan can get complicatred)

She may be ethnically Korean, but she is Japanese. I don't think she even speak Korean. JYONGRI debuted in Japan because that is her home country. Are you saying that, for example, an African-British person is not British?

@joeri
You would think so, but I ask to actually listen to the groups in question. There are some really good Korean groups and pop idols, but the 3 that have debuted (SNSD/Seishun Jida, 4minute, Kara) are not actually good singers.

@DEEPRIVER
I agree. In terms of ranking, Perfume's current single (VOICE) is doing better than any other. It's been in the top 30 for 6 weeks.
Posted on: 2010/9/19 8:18
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>