Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Discussion
  Why Korean artists enter the Japanese market?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Why Korean artists enter the Japanese market?
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:

That's another thing that I can't stand about idols. They officially have the most fanatic and crazy and stupid fans. (Talk about Tohoshinki, it's a mess with them)

Pretty much. They have the most disturbing fans. I like Tohoshinki/DBSK but I do not really follow their career. I've got a crush on Jae Joong but that doesn't mean I'd go crazy spazzing over his group. I hate trash talking about idols.

Quote:

@kevinmarickgale
She was traumatized because a different singer sang better than her? Talk about petty.

^ IDK. He's not making any sense with it. And if it was to embarrass Luna in front of the people, then Kevin implies that Luna has no talent because most of the people believed in Charice.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/9/21 0:09
  •  joeri
      joeri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L not telling! :)
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:

That's another thing that I can't stand about idols. They officially have the most fanatic and crazy and stupid fans. (Talk about Tohoshinki, it's a mess with them)

Pretty much. They have the most disturbing fans. I like Tohoshinki/DBSK but I do not really follow their career. I've got a crush on Jae Joong but that doesn't mean I'd go crazy spazzing over his group. I hate trash talking about idols.

Quote:

@kevinmarickgale
She was traumatized because a different singer sang better than her? Talk about petty.

^ IDK. He's not making any sense with it. And if it was to embarrass Luna in front of the people, then Kevin implies that Luna has no talent because most of the people believed in Charice.

wait you like ...GUYS NOW??? :O where does this world has come to!?!?!? xD
Posted on: 2010/9/21 3:11
Quote:

joeri wrote:

wait you like ...GUYS NOW??? :O where does this world has come to!?!?!? xD

Shut up joeri I'm always bi.

Posted on: 2010/9/21 7:16
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:

Crystal Kay (African-Korean-American (or Japanese? I don't know her citizen)

She was born in Yokohama I believe but I know for a fact she was born in japan. Can't speak any Korean as she previously stated either.
Posted on: 2010/9/22 2:39
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:

Crystal Kay (African-Korean-American (or Japanese? I don't know her citizen)

She was born in Yokohama I believe but I know for a fact she was born in japan. Can't speak any Korean as she previously stated either.

Yep she was born in Yokohama.
Her father is African-American and her mother is Korean. She speaks Japanese and English, no Korean.
Posted on: 2010/9/22 19:21
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Can you explain this artist? ^-^♪

Iconiq (Ahyoomee / Ayumi Lee) dancing on her Japanese PV "BYE NOW!"

Quote:
Iconiq was born in Tottori Prefecture on August 25, 1985, to Korean parents. She lived in Japan until she was 15, after which she moved to South Korea. She was scouted by entertainment company Starworld at a H.O.T. concert, debuting as part of the girl group Sugar in 2002. The band released two albums in Japan and three in Korea, however were met with only moderate commercial success. In 2006, the group disbanded, and Iconiq released two solo singles as Ahyoomee. The first, a cover of the theme song for Cutie Honey (in the style of the Kumi Koda's 2004 version), was released on July 13, 2006, however was criticized by Korean media for her "heavy accent" and the overall Japanese feel of performances.. Her second digital single, "Jalmotdwin Mannam" (Korean: "잘못된 만남", "Wrongful Meeting") was released on November 7, 2006, and is a cover of Kim Gun Mo's hit from 1995. She switched labels in February 2007, moving from Starworld to SM Entertainment and started collaborating with SM Town on their summer and winter albums that year. However, she did not release any solo material in this time. In 2008, Iconiq moved to Los Angeles to study dance, and find new inspiration as a musician.

Iconiq's official Japanese profile did not mention her past as a member of Sugar or her Korean heritage, however vaguely references starting activities "overseas" in 2002. Concerns about the motives of this were raised in the Korean media. Korean netizen reactions were mixed, with some seeing the decision as "embarrassment" of her past, while others reasoned Iconiq's Japanese career's stylistic differences were the cause. Tokyo Sports ran an , article about Iconiq's past as a Korean idol however later apologized to Iconiq's record label.

What the.... Avex is letting it show that Iconiq's classified as a Japanese rather than a Korean. T_T Missed her during her 2007 SM Town days....
Posted on: 2010/9/22 22:31
^
As far as I know ICONIQ has her own thread in the Other Music section. I don't know if you really ignored my warning pm to you. You kept on doing this; IDK what your real motive is from posting these PURE KPOP stuffs. Even thought that I could give you another chance last time, but if this continues.. let's see what will happen.

Posted on: 2010/9/22 23:26
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Seems like someone here has K-pop fever

and it's not Roovette
Posted on: 2010/9/22 23:39
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
few days ago i watch on tv, MTV World Stage 2010 live at KL Malaysia, and Wonder Girl perform there they were sang (sry forgot the song title....their popular song, you know with clap clap thingy) well their performance quite attractive but they really cant sing XP none of them have unique voice as a singers.

Why they were so popular with those voices, never understand that.
Posted on: 2010/9/23 1:47
^ The catchy beats and the dance perhaps? Dunno, not either a fan. Maybe you were talking about "Tell Me". If that was it, I liked that song. lol. There are still some Kpop songs that I like til' now. It is the current situation of Kpop that made me sick of it.

Posted on: 2010/9/23 10:50
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>