Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Discussion
  Why Korean artists enter the Japanese market?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: Why Korean artists enter the Japanese market?
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

LoBFCanti wrote:
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:

Crystal Kay (African-Korean-American (or Japanese? I don't know her citizen)

She was born in Yokohama I believe but I know for a fact she was born in japan. Can't speak any Korean as she previously stated either.

Yep she was born in Yokohama.
Her father is African-American and her mother is Korean. She speaks Japanese and English, no Korean.
Posted on: 2010/9/22 19:21
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:

Crystal Kay (African-Korean-American (or Japanese? I don't know her citizen)

She was born in Yokohama I believe but I know for a fact she was born in japan. Can't speak any Korean as she previously stated either.
Posted on: 2010/9/22 2:39
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

joeri wrote:

wait you like ...GUYS NOW??? :O where does this world has come to!?!?!? xD

Shut up joeri I'm always bi.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/9/21 7:16
  •  joeri
      joeri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L not telling! :)
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:

That's another thing that I can't stand about idols. They officially have the most fanatic and crazy and stupid fans. (Talk about Tohoshinki, it's a mess with them)

Pretty much. They have the most disturbing fans. I like Tohoshinki/DBSK but I do not really follow their career. I've got a crush on Jae Joong but that doesn't mean I'd go crazy spazzing over his group. I hate trash talking about idols.

Quote:

@kevinmarickgale
She was traumatized because a different singer sang better than her? Talk about petty.

^ IDK. He's not making any sense with it. And if it was to embarrass Luna in front of the people, then Kevin implies that Luna has no talent because most of the people believed in Charice.

wait you like ...GUYS NOW??? :O where does this world has come to!?!?!? xD
Posted on: 2010/9/21 3:11
Quote:

TurtleFu wrote:

That's another thing that I can't stand about idols. They officially have the most fanatic and crazy and stupid fans. (Talk about Tohoshinki, it's a mess with them)

Pretty much. They have the most disturbing fans. I like Tohoshinki/DBSK but I do not really follow their career. I've got a crush on Jae Joong but that doesn't mean I'd go crazy spazzing over his group. I hate trash talking about idols.

Quote:

@kevinmarickgale
She was traumatized because a different singer sang better than her? Talk about petty.

^ IDK. He's not making any sense with it. And if it was to embarrass Luna in front of the people, then Kevin implies that Luna has no talent because most of the people believed in Charice.

Posted on: 2010/9/21 0:09
  •  TurtleFu
      TurtleFu
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
For ICONIQ, she was previously published under a completely different company. It may be that avex has some legal hurdles denying them from mentioning that or something. I don't know, I'm not a fan.

Crystal Kay (African-Korean-American (or Japanese? I don't know her citizen) and JYONGRI are both very forthcoming about their Korean heritage.

@kevinmarickgale

Posted on: 2010/9/20 18:27
Quote:

kevinmarickgale wrote:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
For example, when Charice Pempengco guested in Star King the Korean idols were so amazed by her vocal skills and Luna of f(x) even tried to make a duet with her. Luna's version was just fine but it wasn't as powerful as Charice's (though, idol groups aren't really meant to have such powerful voice). It made me think that Charice at that time, made Kpop look like a whole "joke". Yes, they were laughing and even one of the SHINee's member imitated Charice's gestures.

No. I don't believe that. They do that ONE MOMENT IN TIME thing to Luna to embarrass her in front of the audience and Charice. Darn host. Poor Luna. Even some say after the incident that it left a scar on Luna's heart and was totally traumatized. And that makes my being an ANTI-CHARICE gain more for the second time (the first when Charice first guested in StarKing -- a duet with Super Junior member Kyuhyun and their rendition of A WHOLE NEW WORLD -- obviously Charice's voice was louder than Kyuhyun's).

No, that was not to embarrass Luna to the audience. Why so? Because Luna herself said that she performed because she also wanted to be discovered by David Foster. But in her style, this time is not yet the right time for her to cross-over America. I've seen several Filipino Anti-Charice. Mostly are Kpop fans. Didn't you saw that Charice even complimented Luna's singing? They differ in styles but Luna really has the guts. Colonial mentality. Oh well, in the first place, Charice won't be recognize in the west if she's just nothing. What specific reasons do you have to hate her? Because you just felt that Charice dumped the Kpop idols? Nah, Charice's voice isn't loud, it's powerful. If you believe in your idols, then hating other artist to give way for them is not the best solution.

@ LoBFCanti: Yup. I know. That's why I said that J-music in general has a wide variety. And it's just silly for Korean idols to get into the Japanese market with the Japanese versions of their Korean hits. IDK, it's just an unhealthy strategy IMO.

Posted on: 2010/9/20 7:44
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 00/F/CityofWonder
Quote:

roovette04 wrote:
lol guys.. why is this UTADA HIKARU forum turns out to be a KPOP forum already?...

i know that hikki is on her hiatus mode but.. i think this is not good.

TUMPAK! (damn right!) ... >.> sigh...
Posted on: 2010/9/19 23:33
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
lol guys.. why is this UTADA HIKARU forum turns out to be a KPOP forum already?...

i know that hikki is on her hiatus mode but.. i think this is not good.

obviously, the topic starter just wanna have some "posts".. as in .. many number of posts etc etc.
and flood topics that are related to kpop and other nonesense threads.

if u want to post kpop, go to their respective forum not here.
thats why group/artist fansites are created.

this thread should edit its title to...

"Why Korean topics/posts enter the Utadanet Forum?"
Posted on: 2010/9/19 23:24
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
For example, when Charice Pempengco guested in Star King the Korean idols were so amazed by her vocal skills and Luna of f(x) even tried to make a duet with her. Luna's version was just fine but it wasn't as powerful as Charice's (though, idol groups aren't really meant to have such powerful voice). It made me think that Charice at that time, made Kpop look like a whole "joke". Yes, they were laughing and even one of the SHINee's member imitated Charice's gestures.

No. I don't believe that. They do that ONE MOMENT IN TIME thing to Luna to embarrass her in front of the audience and Charice. Darn host. Poor Luna. Even some say after the incident that it left a scar on Luna's heart and was totally traumatized. And that makes my being an ANTI-CHARICE gain more for the second time (the first when Charice first guested in StarKing -- a duet with Super Junior member Kyuhyun and their rendition of A WHOLE NEW WORLD -- obviously Charice's voice was louder than Kyuhyun's).
Posted on: 2010/9/19 22:17
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>