~The K-pop Thread~

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: ~The K-pop Thread~
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I like 2NE1 and BIGBANG. They give off this cool vibe that i don't see in other K-pop groups. For solo acts i like BoA, but I listen mostly to her J-pop releases.
Posted on: 2010/12/28 19:17
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
SHINee to make Japanese debut in March

Today South Korean boy band ?SHINee? held their first concert in Japan at the Yoyogi National Gymnasium in Tokyo and have announced that they are going to make their official Japanese debut under ?EMI Music Japan? in March 2011.

In 2008 they were awarded Rookie of the Year in South Korea. Since then their popularity has kept on growing and now they are going to follow their fellow idol groups to Japan to expand their fandom even further.

Even before their debut they are already a big number in Japan. Within one month more than 100,000 people applied for a ticket for their performance today. In the end, 24,000 lucky people were able to see the five members of SHINee today. They performed two shows, which adds up to about 5 hours and 60 songs. There is no doubt that this must have pleased their Japanese fans.

Member Jonghyun still wasn?t able to fully perform with the others due to an injury on his left foot. ?I?m sad that I can?t perform as much as I want, but at least I?m able to stay on stage with the others,? he said in tears.

Source: TokyoHive, Sanspo

OFFICIAL JAPANESE WEBSITE NOW OPEN!
Posted on: 2010/12/27 3:47
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

KYUHYUN, JONGHYUN, TYPHOON, AND SOME NEW KID TO DEBUT IN A PROJECT BALLAD GROUP

SM Entertainment has announced that they will be putting out a ballad project group called SM THE BALLAD with Super Junior's Kyuhyun, SHINee's Jonghyun, the TRAX's Jay (Typhoon) and a rookie Jino. Jino has been training for two years to perform with the three veterans.

Their album will come out on the 26th with the title song "I miss you so much." Are you looking forward to the album?

SOURCE

Here are the teaser tracks of some of the songs in the upcoming album. The third, fourth and the last will be on the next three days.

"HOT TIMES"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_lxPgyP7ek

"DON'T LIE"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8AiB1Ukce8
Posted on: 2010/11/23 2:05
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
Quote:

GIGAcorrupt wrote:

Are you saying you got what it takes to be in a boy band? jk jk XD

No silly, I'm saying I've dealt with Korean boys who try to look pretty to realise the type of guy you need to be in order to be successful in Korea. Am I? Hell no..and even if I was, I'd slap JYP right in his tap dancing face of his.

What you've said is pretty funny. LOL. But seriously, on your previous comment, it is true. If you're a pretty good looking guy in Korea you're fitted to be in a boy group. So does the girls. Music quality of Korea is almost breaking down, well.. at least for now. Koreans are still in this trend and they couldn't get out of it since fan girls and fan boys are there. (Korea has the most disturbing fan girls, IMHO.)

Whereas in Japan (well the comparison never ran out) yes they have boy and girl groups but rock bands are there, soloists are there.. They were never been shadowed by groups. Unlike in Korea where other genres almost died because groups have shadowed them. The Korean music industry needs to revive it.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/11/19 3:10
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
Quote:

GIGAcorrupt wrote:

No silly, I'm saying I've dealt with Korean boys who try to look pretty to realise the type of guy you need to be in order to be successful in Korea. Am I? Hell no..and even if I was, I'd slap JYP right in his tap dancing face of his.

Idk what JYP is XD

But naw,I got what you were saying.
Posted on: 2010/11/18 20:45
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

GIGAcorrupt wrote:

Posted on: 2010/11/18 20:40
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
Doesn't Korea have enough of these boy band groups? They're not even new guys. Korea couldn't have ran out of pretty boys. Hell, there are guys who look like girls roaming the streets of Seoul right now. Just grab 5 of them and boom!! You got a boy band. They don't care how you sing. Most guys nowadays can't sing for the life of them, they are just good looking...the most influential reason why girls love them. Trust me, I know.

Posted on: 2010/11/18 20:36
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Doesn't Korea have enough of these boy band groups? They're not even new guys. Korea couldn't have ran out of pretty boys. Hell, there are guys who look like girls roaming the streets of Seoul right now. Just grab 5 of them and boom!! You got a boy band. They don't care how you sing. Most guys nowadays can't sing for the life of them, they are just good looking...the most influential reason why girls love them. Trust me, I know.
Posted on: 2010/11/18 20:31
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Wonder Girls cover!

Haha I'm wondering if it would be ok to put this here.. It's really good! Check it out! She has a beautiful voice, for sure!
Posted on: 2010/11/18 20:30
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
KYUHYUN, JONGHYUN, TYPHOON, AND SOME NEW KID TO DEBUT IN A PROJECT BALLAD GROUP

SM Entertainment has announced that they will be putting out a ballad project group called SM THE BALLAD with Super Junior's Kyuhyun, SHINee's Jonghyun, the TRAX's Jay (Typhoon) and a rookie Jino. Jino has been training for two years to perform with the three veterans.

Their album will come out on the 26th with the title song "I miss you so much." Are you looking forward to the album?

SOURCE
Posted on: 2010/11/18 20:04
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>