•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
What's your passion?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Hey what's up!

Just kinda curious, but I was wondering what everyone's passions are, if any have any. Like for me, I enjoy playing piano because when ever I'm feeling down or in a bad mood, i hop on the piano and flow my emotion into the piano. When i'm done playing, I never feel bad anymore PLUS everyone who heard the piano is in a lighter, better mood. It's a great stress reliever for me and I love playing new songs, especially ones from video games, movies, etc. It's not really something I would pursue that would get me to superstar status, but it's something i really enjoy.

So.. What's your passion?
Posted on: 2010/9/27 0:13
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: Whats your passion?
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
writing
Posted on: 2010/9/27 0:24
  •  joeri
      joeri
Re: What
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L not telling! :)
i have more then 1 true passion.

1 of em is designing (magazines etc) i do a designer education and i am having a blast.

2nd is probably gaming. i am not addicted or anything but when i am in a game i will play it till the end. im sure pretty much people have this kind of ''passion'' (i putted them in quote's because i think it doesnt count as a passion)

lastly it is the country japan. i have been obsessed by this country sinds late age of 16 :P the thing i like about japan is mostly the culture and the music. they are 1 of the few cultures who have actaully rules and they obey them mostly.... ezcept for those creepy otaku's xD they are overal friendly and most of all they have manners, something my country lacks.
Posted on: 2010/9/27 3:26
Re: What
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Making people laugh (even just staring at my face) XD

Okay, seriously.. Drawing. But I haven't done great this year enough to call it my passion. Maybe I should focus on it more.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/9/27 9:54
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
For me its drawing! I love it so much and wanted to make a career out of it, thus I'm in school for my bachelors in visual development/character design for 2d animations and such. Its been such a blast and learning from all around me and the different people that I meet too. I'm close to finishing but I hope to find a job and learn to be out there in the industry. Though I don't update on here as much and other sites etc.
Posted on: 2010/9/27 12:47
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Wow that sounds great CrescentLupin9! So you're making cartoons then?

Video games is definitely a "passion" for me too! A lot of people talk about how they love a good book, for me, i love a good video game A game with a good enough plot and great action, especially with content that changes my view of the world to some degree, is always a pleasure to play. A perfect example is Shadow of the Colossus. That game is simply art and it's so simple but yet so effective.. You have to play the game to understand it
Posted on: 2010/9/27 17:49
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Soccer.

Very first match I saw..lol England v. Argentina. Gabriel Batistuta was an absolute savage!!!! Think he scored that game too. And of course David Beckham's flambuoyant hairstyle had become the fashion dream.. he scored a PK..oh and nutmegged an Argentine that got him a red card lol. I remember that well. Second game I saw, MLS Cup Final: Los Angeles Galaxy v. New England Revolution. Cobi Jones v. Joe Franchino. Amazing. One of the best games ever. And of course the 2002 World Cup..South Korea played co-host. South Korean legendary striker Hwang Sun-Hong scores Korea's first...people bet big on him to score Korea's opener(Dad, 500,000 Won..Korean money) Yoo Sang-Chul blasts from 30 metres for our second and we beat Poland 2-0. Ahn Jung-Hwan's header to draw the US...turned out he would clutch. And finally Park Ji-Sung's flick over Sergio Conceicao to blast past Ricardo against Portugal started our cinderella story run to the semi's defeating four European nations, three powerhouse along the way: Poland (2:0, )Portugal (1:0), Spain(0:0, 5:3AET, PK), and Italy(2:1). Critics bet against Asia that whole tournament...did not know who or what were to the soccer world, after this they knew. So how could a young Korean boy at the time not fall in love with the sport?
Posted on: 2010/9/27 18:43
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
Wow that sounds great CrescentLupin9! So you're making cartoons then?

Video games is definitely a "passion" for me too! A lot of people talk about how they love a good book, for me, i love a good video game A game with a good enough plot and great action, especially with content that changes my view of the world to some degree, is always a pleasure to play. A perfect example is Shadow of the Colossus. That game is simply art and it's so simple but yet so effective.. You have to play the game to understand it

Yesh essentially xD but I could branch off to anywhere really. I could be a concept designer for films, cartoons, games, etc when it comes down to it. I absolutely agree that "Shadow of the Colossus" is pure beauty! and a very unique game with an unexpected ending
Posted on: 2010/9/28 0:37
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
kekeke. art is my passion
Posted on: 2010/9/28 5:57
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
AH! I just had a conversation with Akiko-san in facebook and realized that I should add "taking care of my grandma" as a passion! lol. It's really a tough work. I'm being trained as a caregiver as well. If in case there's no career waiting for me in the future, I can have this as my fallback. lol. Seriously speaking, it's not easy taking care of an elderly. I check her diapers, wash her when she pee and poo, feed her, make her sleep, bathe her everyday, it sounds so easy but it's kinda tough. I need to watch over her 24/7. However, I loved it whenever my grandma searches for me everytime that I'm out of her sight. She has a dementia now and already in her 2nd childhood stage. The only grandchild that she remembers is me. lol. I often play words with her to make her remember somehow. But the results are not the way that I expected them to be. lol.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/9/28 11:35
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>