<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Re: Whats your passion?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
I guess Japanese. I want to become a translator. That's my passion!
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/9/28 13:21
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Re: What
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Quote:

CrescentLupin9 wrote:
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
Wow that sounds great CrescentLupin9! So you're making cartoons then?

Video games is definitely a "passion" for me too! A lot of people talk about how they love a good book, for me, i love a good video game A game with a good enough plot and great action, especially with content that changes my view of the world to some degree, is always a pleasure to play. A perfect example is Shadow of the Colossus. That game is simply art and it's so simple but yet so effective.. You have to play the game to understand it

Yesh essentially xD but I could branch off to anywhere really. I could be a concept designer for films, cartoons, games, etc when it comes down to it. I absolutely agree that "Shadow of the Colossus" is pure beauty! and a very unique game with an unexpected ending

YES! Very unexpected in the end! It was so twisted!

And soulhunter! That sounds like being an LPN (licensed practical nurse)! I was going to become one myself but I've decided to do the RN (registered nurse) training. That sounds sweet how you take care of your grandmother.. I would gladly take care of mine if she were still around..
Posted on: 2010/9/28 14:04
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Well...as some of you have already said...my pasion...is

Art. There's justs something magical about creating an artwork that I really like ^^ and that is why I'm striving to be a better artist...like Roovette or Lupey :) I admire you both

ohh...and Maky? you owe my eyes an uploaded artwork XD

Quote:

kayoko wrote:
Soccer.

Very first match I saw..lol England v. Argentina. Gabriel Batistuta was an absolute savage!!!! Think he scored that game too. And of course David Beckham's flambuoyant hairstyle had become the fashion dream.. he scored a PK..oh and nutmegged an Argentine that got him a red card lol. I remember that well. Second game I saw, MLS Cup Final: Los Angeles Galaxy v. New England Revolution. Cobi Jones v. Joe Franchino. Amazing. One of the best games ever. And of course the 2002 World Cup..South Korea played co-host. South Korean legendary striker Hwang Sun-Hong scores Korea's first...people bet big on him to score Korea's opener(Dad, 500,000 Won..Korean money) Yoo Sang-Chul blasts from 30 metres for our second and we beat Poland 2-0. Ahn Jung-Hwan's header to draw the US...turned out he would clutch. And finally Park Ji-Sung's flick over Sergio Conceicao to blast past Ricardo against Portugal started our cinderella story run to the semi's defeating four European nations, three powerhouse along the way: Poland (2:0, )Portugal (1:0), Spain(0:0, 5:3AET, PK), and Italy(2:1). Critics bet against Asia that whole tournament...did not know who or what were to the soccer world, after this they knew. So how could a young Korean boy at the time not fall in love with the sport?

Touching story yo >.> If only you could have followed your passion to the pro leagues, but even so...Soccer will always be there for you.
Posted on: 2010/10/1 22:42
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/Male/Singapore
I like to draw things I like..but I feel that it can't be my job next time.
So, I am thinking of interior design, sort of an Architect?
Then I would be able to design my own house with my girlfriend next time~
Posted on: 2010/10/2 7:44
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Drawing its just hobby i don't know if its a passion or not, game once i play over 24 hour playing game.... console game and online game , after that fall a sleep all day long. Thanks god i didn't die like the Hong Kong dude who was playing 3 days in a row nonstop and die during playing game , now im only playing few hours a day
Posted on: 2010/10/3 7:01
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
hi all

good to be home

my passion is life, truth, beauty and love

and of course hikki

I hope its mutual
Posted on: 2010/10/6 11:09
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I think i have another passion I think..

I really like (or rather LOVE) hand-to-hand combat. I learned my dad's street form of karate and some boxing from him when I was younger (8th grade?) and I love practicing and getting better and learning new techniques. I also love learning tactics/strategies, which have actually become helpful to me outside of training, for example, being able to make tough decisions and problem solving in the "real world". Plus, you get really BUFF and CUT from doing it on a daily basis.

Don't get me wrong, It's not the joy of hurting someone or being able to inflict pain on someone at better angles that I love. I really just like sparring and the feel of the combat, as well as understanding the concepts of nature and applying them to my fighting style, which transfers to my other activities.

I also love fighting games like TEKKEN
Posted on: 2010/10/6 21:57
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Oh same here bro.

I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do..nothing to really brag about, but I fight/spar at a higher level..first, second degree actually. I'm really interested in learning Muay Thai because the variety and ability to use your whole body. Who would have thunk that using your elbows and knees, especially in short distance, would be so effective? I've learned alot of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu from friends...it's just way too expensive at gyms. People say the grappling positions look gay, but I like it..it's professional. I have a nasty Triangle Choke and I can do all the basic chokes, just learning the effective way of doing the Guillotine Choke and the Anaconda Choke..the D'arce Choke is just too high level for me to execute.
Posted on: 2010/10/7 17:44
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Oh respect man. I don't get belts because my dad is my teacher and it's really street fighting that i'm learning, but based on karate. I also like to mix in my boxing with what he teaches me. And yea i like brazilian jiu-jitsu too, though it looks like humping sometimes, it's really effective and it looks pretty cool when done right. Yes elbows are VERY powerful in CQB. They're devastating and bring a lot of power when thrown from the hip and with a little pivot of your foot. And also when you lunge in with the strike. Of course they can be a little risky at times because you have to get in close.

Haha my dad always says "when you're stuck in a fight, use everything." And like how bruce lee once said, "baby you better train every part of your body" hahah
Posted on: 2010/10/7 19:46
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Oh man, there's really no real form of karate. It's modified and used so effectively. You have Shotokan Karate and Kyoukoushin Karate. I see no superior form, but people say Kyoukoushin Karate will ALWAYS beat Shotokan Karate. Lyoto Machida, a great Brazilian/Japanese Karate fighter uses his father's modified version of Shotokan Karate aka. Machida Karate. It's just so unorthodox..the stances and use of effectiveness is more based on quality of technique than power. The base was originally formed by Lyoto Machida's father to use on men larger than him, and it's worked thus far.
Posted on: 2010/10/7 21:24
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>