Poster Thread
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Re: Utada Hikaru Pepsi Nex Commercial
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Hikki singing in French?
Is there anything she can't do?

Since her Singles Collection is coming out on the 24th of November ( anniversary of Freddie Mercury's death) and her concert is on the 9th of December ( anniversary of John Lennon's death) I can only assume that the 4 other tracks are also covers and we know that 2 of them will be from the Beatles and Queen.

It looks like she is gonna hold back from making any new (original) songs till she comes back from her break.

Also she looks incredible in that commercial.
I wish we had commercials with beautiful, talented artists like this on American TV so we don't have to suffer through watching hacks like Miley Cyrus, Keisha and Taylor Swift.

Anyway, the song is brilliant. Combining that Edith Piaf song with Chick Corea's Spain is an indication that Hikki is back to experimenting again like she did during her Deep River/ Exodus days and we can expect some pretty awesome music from her in the future.
Posted on: 2010/9/28 8:10
  •  MiharuFroggy
      MiharuFroggy
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/F/Brunei
Last time she sang in French was her cover of....Michelle?

Unless I count Boku wa Kuma.

There's something...about the song that turned me off...and I like Jazz!! D:

Maybe it's the wavering vocals.
*doesn't listen to much French songs*

I like when she said Amour though XDD

Thanks for the longer link, Giga!
Posted on: 2010/9/28 8:51
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
First English message has finally poped up from Hikaru on twitter

Quote:

utadahikaru wrote:

Hey ya'll! This is really me :) I had no idea there were so many Utada Hikaru imposters on twitter! I am flattered :) Nighty night!

Hikaru's finally going to bed. Must have been a long day for her. Sore feet from recording..recording final lines.. but at least she said that because of all that...the CD will come out on time :) Since she's going to sleep now...I guess I can work peacefully knowing that I might not miss something XD (slept under 6 hours, cuz I was keeping up with those updates) *time for work!!!*
Posted on: 2010/9/28 9:18
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F

found this photo of a billboard on mixi.
credits to こゆず, she saw it when she got off the train.

I wish I was in Japan right now!!!
Posted on: 2010/9/28 20:00
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:

found this photo of a billboard on mixi.
credits to こゆず, she saw it when she got off the train.

I wish I was in Japan right now!!!

Arigatou akiko-san! :D I've always wanted to join mixi but I couldn't! Lol. It requires that keitai confirmation. lol

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/9/28 20:15
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:

Arigatou akiko-san! :D I've always wanted to join mixi but I couldn't! Lol. It requires that keitai confirmation. lol

haha yeah I joined when I was living in Japan... when I had a Japanese cell phone... wah, I miss Japanese cell phones.
I only go on there to check out Hikki information. see what people in Japan are saying...
Posted on: 2010/9/28 20:28
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Man she looks gorgeously stunning in that CM.. Like a model almost.. So pretty..
Posted on: 2010/9/28 20:34
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:

haha yeah I joined when I was living in Japan... when I had a Japanese cell phone... wah, I miss Japanese cell phones.
I only go on there to check out Hikki information. see what people in Japan are saying...

Is Hikki a trending topic now in Mixi? lol (I sound like I'am talking about twitter). Btw, what Japanese cellphone do you use? Docomo, SoftBank, Vodafone? etc? lol.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/9/28 21:46
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:

Is Hikki a trending topic now in Mixi? lol (I sound like I'am talking about twitter). Btw, what Japanese cellphone do you use? Docomo, SoftBank, Vodafone? etc? lol.

on mixi, you join a community. so I'm in a Utada Hikaru community and they have topics (like forums) where people talk about that specific topic.
I used to have softbank. My brothers have AU.
Posted on: 2010/9/28 21:59
  •  kjazz
      kjazz
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Thanks folks for the news. I like the jazz. 10/2 for the commencial and I hope someone finds a link.
Posted on: 2010/9/28 22:08
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>