Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Official Twitter Accounts!
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Hikki talking about her mom

Quote:
utadahikaru 宇多田ヒカル
For those of you who don't know, my mum's a famous enka(Japanese blues) singer. Amazing performer-and beautiful! Google her! "Keiko Fuji"[/quote

Quote:
utadahikaru 宇多田ヒカル
Enka has a very particular style of singing, lyrics are often very sad, and my mother didn't want it to influence my singing, or my life...

Quote:
utadahikaru 宇多田ヒカル
My fave at karaoke, still, is "A Part Of Your World"(Little Mermaid!) Enka, Disney, chanson, it's all just music to me :)

Its quite rare saw Hikki talk about her mom, she's usually with her dad
Posted on: 2010/10/11 23:00
Administrator
A/S/L
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

Q wrote:
Quote:
@utadahikaru They're also in Japan. Good thing about ashes :) RT @XmanNYC71: surprised your grandparents ashes were in NY. I thought they'd be in japan.

...well thats something new to learn about hikki ...

interesting isn't it? I didn't know you could have ashes in so many places at once.
it seems Hikki's grandparent's ashes are also in Yamaguchi-ken, Shimonoseki and Sendai... where they were born.
where did it say that? was that a tweet i missed?
Posted on: 2010/10/12 3:24
Administrator
A/S/L
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Hikki talking about her mom

Quote:
utadahikaru 宇多田ヒカル
For those of you who don't know, my mum's a famous enka(Japanese blues) singer. Amazing performer-and beautiful! Google her! "Keiko Fuji"[/quote

Quote:
utadahikaru 宇多田ヒカル
Enka has a very particular style of singing, lyrics are often very sad, and my mother didn't want it to influence my singing, or my life...

Quote:
utadahikaru 宇多田ヒカル
My fave at karaoke, still, is "A Part Of Your World"(Little Mermaid!) Enka, Disney, chanson, it's all just music to me :)

Its quite rare saw Hikki talk about her mom, she's usually with her dad
thats cute :)
Posted on: 2010/10/12 3:27
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
More about Mum ....

ちなみに私は母譲りの直毛ですが、ちっちゃい頃は周りの白人の子たちのカーリーな無造作ヘアーがかわいいな〜って思ってたよ。20年くらい前ね。その頃、ママがお父さんと大ゲンカして家を飛び出して、帰ってきた時、金髪にしてパーマかけてたのには度肝を抜かれた。藤圭子、熱し。

RT @UtadaHikaru #utada #translation "BTW I have straight hair taken from my mom, though when I was little I always thought the white girls with curly hair were so cute. That was about 20 years ago. Around that time, my mom and dad got in a huge fight and she ran out of the house, and when she came back, she had blond hair and a perm. That Fuji Keiko, such fire."

smoking...
Posted on: 2010/10/12 3:41
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

Q wrote:
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
Quote:

Q wrote:
Quote:
@utadahikaru They're also in Japan. Good thing about ashes :) RT @XmanNYC71: surprised your grandparents ashes were in NY. I thought they'd be in japan.

...well thats something new to learn about hikki ...

interesting isn't it? I didn't know you could have ashes in so many places at once.
it seems Hikki's grandparent's ashes are also in Yamaguchi-ken, Shimonoseki and Sendai... where they were born.
where did it say that? was that a tweet i missed?

Quote:
今日のお参りはニューヨークの仏教会のご本堂にて、です。二人とも分骨してるの、それぞれが生まれた山口県下関と仙台、そして最期を過ごしたニューヨーク、と。この夫婦、地球をサンドイッチしてるよ!地球上のどこに行ってもおじいちゃんとおばあちゃんが近くにいる(?ー`)
Posted on: 2010/10/12 8:48
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Hikki's been photoshooting all day long , in the wood check her latest twit.

i wonder for what this photoshooting ? bonus for her physical album UHSCV 2 or magazine issue ?
Posted on: 2010/10/13 5:10
  •  pompon
      pompon
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L F/23/Warsaw,Poland
I thought it was a video camera on the photo. Maybe PV for Arashi no Megami?
Posted on: 2010/10/13 9:13
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Pips_Paradise wrote:
I wasn?t aware that ashes could be distributed that way , my Family in Japan worship in the Shinto tradition, and Kotsuage is the gathering of the ashes, however my Grandma?s has a ?shrine? in her home... the urn used to be here but I don?t see it in this picture .....

http://www.worldclass.net/TeachingGlobally/WorldReligions/shinto_funerals.htm

Wait, you have a family in Japan? Are you perhaps half-Japanese?

btw, here's the twitpic Hikki uploaded:

Now I wonder when she's going to shoot for her PV

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/10/13 9:26
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Pips, my grandma has something like that too in her house. hers is really big though. I used to be scared of it when I was younger.

anyway, Im so excited to see the results of this photo shoot!
Posted on: 2010/10/13 11:20
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
I missed the woods photo-shoot on twitter, maybe a timing issue, I did not catch it last night, browsed this thread this morning and my eyes nearly popped out, any ideas what the photo-shoot is all about?...
It looks like Public Park of sorts, there is a Information display back to the right with either directions or detailing aspects of the local woodland, I can make out a bridge over a river in the distance ?
Now that a big camera !
My Sister said Utada?s Dad, Mr T, twitted he fancies Meg Ryan and Nicole Kidman, Sis?s words not mine, Sis is taking the pee on the wind up yes?.... I mean he would hardly tell the world about it right?
Yes Soulhunter my Dad?s English and my Mothers Japanese, my Grandma?s home is near Kochi, in the hills, it is very traditional with an outside loo!! (Toilet) and paper thin walls?
I have heard some houses have a large space dedicated to a shrine, a_kikoo, I think there Buddhist, I have to shamefully admit not knowing an lot about Shinto, or Buddhism in general, I do remember when I was young my Japanese family once returning home from a family funeral with a Urn, prodding and poking the ashes to pick out the remaining charred bones frankly frightens the life out of me?.I am going to have to make a real effort soon to get a grip of the culture in Japan, at least learn the language properly ?

Utada family have strong ties to New York, I was wondering if Utada?s Mother or Father has ancestors that settled in New York maybe around the 40?s or early 50?s, Utada?s earliest recording were completed in the US, Utada?s Mother and Father would needed to have had more than just a good working knowledge and experience of the music business in the US to have launched Utada?s career, so my thoughts are taking me to the conclusion that Mr T has worked within the US music industry in his 20?s?

He certainly has a strong grip of the culture, it?s evident in his Twittering, that?s assuming of course that Sis is not pulling my chain, she does throws the odd wind up, like telling me Utada?s father twitted that his hair pieces were personally designed by Hikki?s mother?.I was about to post it, make a MR T wig thread before she lost the straight face and started giggling....I needed to be physically restrained.. really ..

EDIT:

http://twitpic.com/2xf1pf

Ahhh!!! what's this??

Utada is play with the ingenious creepy crawlies
Posted on: 2010/10/14 2:24
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...78910111213...18>