<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Kawashima
      Kawashima
Re: How did you hear about Utada ?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/F/Poland
Looks like I don't know her as long as you...

When I was reading a review of Evangelion 1.0 - You Are [not] Alone, Utada was mentioned. I was very curious about Beautiful World, (Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of my fauvorite anime), but I didn't listen to it until I watched film. And when I heard it, I just couldn't get this song out of my head. After that, I heard Sanctuary, Kremlin Dusk, Kiss & Cry. Since then, I'm Hikki's fan. That was one year ago and I'm still impressed of her voice.
Posted on: 2011/7/1 3:25
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L Female NL
If my brother didn't showed me Anime, I never listened to Japanese Music. Since then i got really addicted to Japan xD Then i found out about Hikki and i fell in love with her music <3 (I knew KH after i found out about Hikki) She is now my favorite Japanese Artist/Idol

"The more I wish for your happiness, the more selfish I become"
Posted on: 2011/10/17 8:02
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan
bump!

Anyone else would like to share their experience ??
Posted on: 2012/4/14 22:55
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
mmmm, my first love introduced "first love" to me. like seriously, i mean it!

someone told me that he thought the song reminded him of me, and he kept on talking about it in class, so i decided to give that song a shot....cuz ive never listened to j-pop music back then.

so when i listened to it, i was only listening to the piano melodies version of it....and i was like "wow this sounds rlly rlly nice!" so i started listening to the original version and that is how i got addicted to hikki. :)
Posted on: 2012/5/10 4:06
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan
Its been a month since I've known Hikki I got bored with my playlist and wanted something fresh, so I
started randomly surfing youtube and came across Ayaka Hirahara singing a vocal rendition of Jupiter by Gustav Holst
Coincidentally, Hikki's channel is on the suggested playlist. I clicked it cuz her japanese name was very familiar;
I've seen that name a few times when I was a kid but wasn't really interested.
Since she's one of the more mainstream/famous singers, I was curious about her music.

When I listened First Love, I thought it was terribly familiar. (I thought it was an English song by...Mariah Carey?lol) My next few songs were Flavor of Life, Prisoner of Love & was completely intrigued by live version of Kremlin Dusk+You make me want to be a man. I was blown away by her versatility, experimental styles and strong energy.
So I did further research & music sampling on Utada and realized she's really talented

I discovered her by fate huh
Posted on: 2012/5/10 6:31
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12