Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  In The Flesh footage will be released!!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: In The Flesh footage will be released!!
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 27/M/KY
Well, their obvious move would be a digital-only release of In the Flesh 2010 (i.e. an internet purchase). The fact is that Utada's TITO album wasn't well-received/marketed like it should have been, so why would the label (or whoever is in charge of the tours, for that matter) release a mini-tour concert video in retail stores? It would sell less copies than the actual album itself, I'm sure, especially since they've finished promoting her album a long time ago. Internet purchases, like from iTunes, is becoming more mainstream. Thus, it wouldn't be surprising if that is the direction they take with her tour video release. That way, I'm sure it'll be easier for international people to have access to it as well, so they can get as many sales out of it as they possibly can.
Posted on: 2010/10/15 7:21
  •  pompon
      pompon
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L F/23/Warsaw,Poland
iTunes only release would do no justice to the tour. I don't think the quality would be right. CD was success in Japan, so they can at least give it a JP release on all region DVD like they did with other concerts...
Posted on: 2010/10/15 7:26
  •  Sakura'10
      Sakura'10
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/Male/Portugal
Wheee! A new CD and a DVD of her tour?!

Posted on: 2010/10/15 7:46
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
[sarcasm]OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!![/sarcasm]

But yeah, I am not too surprised. I haven't bought anything from her yet, and not planning on to in the future. Only way I would "get" something is when I get to see her live in my area (which I doubt she will perform live here).
Posted on: 2010/10/15 10:15
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

Kyousha wrote:
Well, their obvious move would be a digital-only release of In the Flesh 2010 (i.e. an internet purchase). The fact is that Utada's TITO album wasn't well-received/marketed like it should have been, so why would the label (or whoever is in charge of the tours, for that matter) release a mini-tour concert video in retail stores? It would sell less copies than the actual album itself, I'm sure, especially since they've finished promoting her album a long time ago. Internet purchases, like from iTunes, is becoming more mainstream. Thus, it wouldn't be surprising if that is the direction they take with her tour video release. That way, I'm sure it'll be easier for international people to have access to it as well, so they can get as many sales out of it as they possibly can.

While I agree that this is more practical in the long-run, it'd be nice if they would do some kind of limited edition physical run just for the fans that really, really want her in proper DVD format (such as myself; call me old-fashioned, but I'm not a huge fan of digital downloads for a number of reasons). If they put it up for pre-order, they could gauge how many people want it and only order enough copies to meet that number. I know plenty of artists who do this with material they aren't certain will sell well enough to justify wide-releasing in a physical format, yet who nonetheless have fans who want something physical from them. This is essentially what they're doing with Hikki's upcoming singles collection, at least for the "deluxe" type release; I don't see why the same formula couldn't work with the tour DVD.
Posted on: 2010/10/15 10:45
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
................The only day I decide not to keep up with twitter and this is what happens.....
Posted on: 2010/10/15 10:47
Administrator
A/S/L
Whoo! I was woken up early by hikki's tweet!

oh ... looks like they are having problems with Apple

Quote:
@u3music:
We have been discussing w/ Apple i-Tunes to utilize the US/London 2010 tour video, by the way, it is already mixed/edited. teruzane

Quote:
@u3music:
Apple is having technical problems. Need to find other options to release more timely ways via internet. Please be patient. teruzane
about 2 hours ago via web

Quote:
@u3music:
I promise to do this before the end of the year!! teruzane

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/10/15 11:02
  •  UtadaHikaru124
      UtadaHikaru124
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Miami
Yaaaaay but this is gunna be a pricey year for me ughh i hope its not 50$ lil UU2006 i would be very upset at that!! cus thats a rip right there
Posted on: 2010/10/15 12:42
  •  LilMissPocket-Size
      LilMissPocket-Size
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
OOO MY GOODNESS! This is the best news i heard since utada said she was coming out with 5 new songs...best year ever ...hands down....
Posted on: 2010/10/15 13:43
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
please, oh please, someone tell me that i dont have to go and download Itunes just for this ONE thing i want from their store :(

there has to be another way... right? :(
Posted on: 2010/10/15 14:16
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>