English Best Album: Utada The Best

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...7>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: English Best Album: Utada The Best
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
After looking at the track list, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was kinda like, "Eh, cool?" Haha I really wish they would've had the You Make Me Want To Be A Man (Tom Neville Remix). That remix is awesome... Anyway, let's hope for posters and other goodies but since her English works haven't given us much, I'm not hoping for much.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2010/10/21 7:21
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
It would make sense to release Utada "best"...in conjunction with the "in the flesh" DVD..... pass it to Deepriver, that could do the art work, PR, and built it into a desirable ?must have? product ....because I have this feeling Universal/Def and Dumb, sorry Def/junk, apologises Def/jam Island whatever it is calling itself this week, will "f" this up for sure ....

I mean maybe like Robinson Crusoe....it lost somewhere in here!!

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/

Or could be the theme for the next season of "lost "....
Posted on: 2010/10/21 7:25
  •  Camfans59
      Camfans59
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/female/NH
What! No Simple and Clean!?!? That's like the song a lot of us got to know her from! It seriously should be on there.
Posted on: 2010/10/21 8:25
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Quote:

Camfans59 wrote:
What! No Simple and Clean!?!? That's like the song a lot of us got to know her from! It seriously should be on there.

Yeah, but Simple and Clean was an 'Utada Hikaru' release, on the Japanese COLORS single; not an 'Utada' release, like Sanctuary. Anyway, I'm really hoping 'In the Flesh' is included with this. But then again, I'm not all too confident that Island Def Jam/Universal are smart enough to do a bundle like that. They're more than likely just doing this to cash in on the EMI release of Single Collection Vol. 2.
Posted on: 2010/10/21 10:21
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
Ok, I?ll admit to this tracklisting being a little sloppy, or uneven at best, but people come on, most of us have been dieing waiting for several months for new Utada Hikaru releases and a lot of us said she wished she had included some or all of her English singles on SCV2?s tracklist, especially since that was two of her biggest artistic ventures since her first compilation. Yeah, you wish she had gotten involved and perhaps written some new songs and made a decent photoshoot for it, but if it debuts @ #2 that week in Japan behind SCV2, she will have equaled Ayu for having the #1 and #2 albums simultaneously Oricon chart record!
Not to mention, international listeners who can?t quite ge the niche of listening to foreign-language music may be more inclined to buy it over anything from her Japanese works, even though they?re objectively superior in almost every aspect. Her more hardcore CD buying base may or may not come out for it, but either way, you do wish they?d have given Utada more creative and contractual control over this sort of release bit (if this is how they plan to ex her off their roster then its probably no wonder neither Utada or EXODUS and TITO got the promotion or attention from the executives it needed and certainly deserved)?

You know, on 2nd thought, if Utada has yet to mention any promotional or other involvement with this yet, this should be nothing more than an after-thought both to hermore avid Japanese and International fans (especially those of us bought one or both both and got EXODUS to break all the records it did, despite both of them being unfairly labelled as ?Hikki?s Worst? or her two career flops thus far). I was hopeful that since TITO didn?t sell as much as some might have imagined even in Japan, a lot of Japanese might grab it just to have SOME of the best that both had to offer (even though that?s not exactly what it delivered here in tracklisting, particularly the bonus remixes). Who knows, maybe if they give it a UK and USA physical release and encourage her to do one major photoshoot (Rolling Stone maybe) and a Dancing w/the Stars or American Idol performance, Isalnd/Def Jam would at least show some sense of decency in merely cashing in on the hype and anticipation around SCV2?s release date. I doubt any of that will happen, but I still hope it does well just for Hikki?s sake and yo encourage her to not let those albums or songs be her last in English (but hope to God for a different and more competent record label). Heaven knows I'll be encouraging as many people to buy it who've never heard of her to try it out in any case, as well as myself if any NEW photos or tracks are tacked on last-minute by Utada herself! I know if EXILE, Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, and GLAY can package, re-package, and release the majority same singles in different formats and editions and knock up the Oricon sales charts almost every time, there's no reason why this shouldn't follow in the same suit as well...
Posted on: 2010/10/21 10:54
  •  UtadaHikaru124
      UtadaHikaru124
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Miami
lol ^^^ u posted that same thing on ublog anyways im going to get the album only if it comes with the dvd of the tour....
Posted on: 2010/10/21 12:51
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
^^@ UtadaHikaru 124...
Yeah, I know that was a left-field approach to commenting! But I know its two different online communities with most people not having memebrship or update checking to both, and sometimes you have to do the same ol' thing to get the honest truth and opinion to homeplate. Like I said, I'm not overly-disappointed as I was one of the ones that said aloud I wanted some of her English work included on SCV2 but this doesn't even 'feel' like a Utada release at all(ESPECIALLY since she hasn't uttered a syllable for public hearing regarding its release, making me slightly curious to know if she even knows of its existence...?) Universal/Island/Def Jam did one of the world's most gifted and viable pop stars a MAJOR disservice in promotion twice for two albums that were, while neither perfect or terrible as many assert, were inconsitently exceptional enough to have made a biggger mainstream blip that they did. And all this after she became a living Asian music legend that sold more records in the shortest time and discography releases ever. You think they'd at least encourage or request she give some extra tracks, photoshoots, or greatest of all, include the ITF Tour footage as a bonus DVD edition and as a standalone in Japan and abroad just to let her and the fans know they did care about her success and business under their roster. Its no wonder the CD is on its death bed gasping for life and recording artist (solo,group, or band) is becoming an-almost starving occupation nowadays; too many of these record labels and executives are in it for corruptive exploitation and financial dominance exclusively. Creativity, methodical planning, and courteous benefits with some clear ethical grounds for their employees be damned...pardon my french, but it's just sad really how the music industry is digging its own grave in so many aspects (like not working out a master system that makes paid digital downloading of singles and albums contribute to their and the artist's incomes and chart rankings )!
Posted on: 2010/10/21 13:36
  •  UtadaHikaru124
      UtadaHikaru124
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Miami
i feel everyone should tweet her about it so she can see alot of her fans have comments about it i tweeted her twice so if we get more we can take over her timeline bout it
Posted on: 2010/10/21 13:56
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
The tracklist is actually pretty good. I like how songs like Kremlin Dusk, YMMWTBAM are included but I think a better thing to do would be omitting the last 2 remixes and include other songs instead. The only thing stopping me from buying this album is the lack of live versions. I've been waiting for ages for a perfect official release of YMMWTBAM -live- because it's just so incredible when performed live. The feeling is utterly different. Yes I do have the audio rip of it but *needs an official one*. An acoustic version of Simple & Clean would be great too. I'm fully aware that there's a pretty good audio rip of this but there's always room for higher quality. And the fact that my Malaysian version of TiTo doesn't have Simple & Clean has made me a resentful person. It's also a bit funny how they include both versions of Sanctuary. Songs like About Me should be given more attention.

Oh yes, like I was saying, Live versions. Instead of the remixed version of DD, give us the live one. It's WAYYYYY better.
Posted on: 2010/10/21 18:26
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I must say I'm pretty "meh" about this news. I'd be excited if the tracklisting included songs not released before.
They should've included the remix of Hotel Lobby that was made before they dropped releasing it as a single. There's nothing new here, and the album artwork is a recycled picture from her EXODUS '04 single...
Plus, it's only being released in Japan. I think Universal are cashing in on this hiatus, to be honest.
Posted on: 2010/10/22 10:05
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...7>