English Best Album: Utada The Best

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: English Best Album: Utada The Best
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
As should be expected of Deaf Jam/No-life Island Records and Universal Music Group, this is only going to be a digital release with little or no chance of it being distributed abroad in any format whatsoever; you'd think if they were going to exploit the commercial expectations of her SCV2 and release this without any of her consent or involvement they'd at least have the brains and marbles to put it in brick and mortar venues where the real revenue and chart ranks are still dependent upon. Then again, I don't expect the Japanese to buy these songs all over again since they were the majority supporters of both her English projects despite some mixed reaction to their more detailed merits; International fans and newer listeners maybe, but they wouldn't even know she or it were in existence the with the half-hearted endorsement they've given her since being on their roster seven years ago. Frankly, I'm hoping she pays no mind to this and just goes on about her scheduled artist activities through year's end with the music that's relaly going to count in the end...
Posted on: 2010/10/22 10:43
  •  Somejuan0
      Somejuan0
UN Reporter
A/S/L Male
Honestly, I was about to buy the album but, I don't think that it would include anything extra. Sure, I would LOVE to support Utada Hikaru but, it doesn't seem like they ever put enough work into her English songs. Her most recent album TITO wasn't as good as it should have been. I'm sure that Island/Def Jam didn't want her to become huge in America. I know that she could if they gave her all of the resources she needed (promotions....MORE promotions). They didn't do anything to promote her album. This tracklisting isn't that great to me, either. No wonder Utada hasn't mentioned this yet.
Posted on: 2010/10/22 19:07
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Here's the cover~

And more information: http://www.utada.jp/disco/uicl1110.html
Official release information!
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/10/22 19:11
  •  Somejuan0
      Somejuan0
UN Reporter
A/S/L Male
Nice picture but, it's just recycled. I don't understand why they would do this. Why not give her a new picture?
Posted on: 2010/10/22 19:19
Administrator
A/S/L
It seems like Universal just wants to cash in on all this 'Epic Hikki-ness'

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/10/22 21:11
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
I do agree with the most of you that are saying stuff about them wanting in all the cash, because of all the commotion Hikaru has caused recently.

Also...the info there kind of sucks. Is it a Digital release? or a Physical CD? O.O I'm wondering if I should buy but it just for the heck of it. Maybe not...since I got 2 copies of TITO XD

Speaking of which...I'm sure one of you guys around here has the PV for come back to me...any one wanna give it to me? I crave to have it for some odd reason
Posted on: 2010/10/22 23:35
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Q wrote:
It seems like Universal just wants to cash in on all this 'Epic Hikki-ness'

I don't think that's the reason. Universal can't release anything without Utada's consent. I'm sure Utada has a reason for making an English BEST album. Maybe she has a Tour + CD bundle in mind.

Just a thought: If you buy this album, it comes either with the I.T.F. DVD or a voucher to get it online. ^_^
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/10/22 23:39
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
U3, or come to that Utada have not exactly rushed to endorse or acknowledge Universals release of Utada, ?The Best?, not at least publicly, this has an all familiar ring to it, a distinct lack of communication between all parties, it appears on the face of it that Universal have indeed taken advantage of the publicity and promotional of SINGLE COLLECTION VOL.2 and are hitching a ride or attempting stow away on the 'Epic Hikki-ness'?.

Is that contagious or a communicable cosmic consciousness?, to achieve 'Epic Hikki-ness'??.

I will have to get the crystals out and try a chant?..

I hope they all see sense and get around the table and sort out their differences.

Pretty pretty please give all Hikki fans the ultimate surprise thrill for Christmas, work together deliver and create a superb quality CD + DVD with all Utada?s Anglo repertoire, in a bespoke prepared package ?In the flesh? meets ?In the studio??

I can?t believe or accept that between U3 and Universal there is not the motivation, vision or experience to amaze with a unique product companion to SINGLE COLLECTION VOL.2?.
Posted on: 2010/10/23 5:05
  •  yvliew
      yvliew
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
I don't think hikki had anything to do with this english release.. And there's nothing new, it's not like her that she would release something like that for the $$$.Probably just the record company's idea. Cashing in some $$ which they know for sure they will be making......
Posted on: 2010/10/23 5:57
  •  Kidd
      Kidd
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
It's also funny to see how they put 'Automatic Part II' in the album...

That's music business!
Posted on: 2010/10/23 8:29
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>