Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...4567
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: English Best Album: Utada The Best
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:

Unfortunately, at this point Hikki has done all she can. All we as fans can do is stand behind her and refrain from buying the album- profit is the only factor that makes any difference, in the end. If Universal is being run by anyone with sense, they'll pull this off- I think they're still hoping that they can ride the tails of SCV2, and it's up to us to show them they're wrong. Utada has fulfilled her contract with this record company, so it's not as though she has anything to fear at this point; although, I sympathize with her concerns over the backlash SHE'S going to receive over the release of the album, which doesn't even coincide with her vision. Hopefully, the media and critics will highlight this blog entry. As for me, I've heard all I need to hear: I know what pretense Universal is working under and I'm not interested in their attempt to profit off of an artist they've done great disservice to, in so many ways. My loyalties lie with Hikki!

Ha, it almost sounds like we're gearing up for war or something. In this case, I wouldn't mind running Universal through with a proverbial sword.

Yeah. I even wonder if Universal Records is aware on how much Hikki is against this. Hikki doesn't deserve to receive harmful words because of this. I love Hikki's straightforwardness, on how she honestly says everything she wants without hesitations. Well I think the media would hear Utada's words on her blog though. They should do something about this as soon as possible.

I'm crossing my fingers that the release of "UtB" won't mess up the whole thing. It's just silly. Universal Records is a scumbag, sry.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/10/25 10:12
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Wow, this thread has been very informative. o_O I shamefully admit that I haven't been keeping up with Utada news lately and after hearing a new song of hers on Youtube (Hymne a l?amour ~愛のアンセム~), I decided to check things out here at Utadanet.

Thanks so much guys. O_O I'm sad I couldn't be a part of the discussion until now but at least I was able to find out that I should NOT buy this. D':
Posted on: 2010/10/25 11:40
  •  Kidd
      Kidd
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
It seems that Hikki's latest comment about the release of "Utada the best" has created a weird commotion in the media, both FUJI T.V. and T.V. Asahi have already showed the case...
just can't wait 'til the radio & T.V. Sessions!!

btw_ still haven't had the luck to see her pepsi CM, maybe it just lasted for the month of September...

PS_the CUP NOODLE spot showing the new CURRY flavor is a very good one!
Posted on: 2010/10/25 17:26
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:

Unfortunately, at this point Hikki has done all she can. All we as fans can do is stand behind her and refrain from buying the album- profit is the only factor that makes any difference, in the end. If Universal is being run by anyone with sense, they'll pull this off- I think they're still hoping that they can ride the tails of SCV2, and it's up to us to show them they're wrong. Utada has fulfilled her contract with this record company, so it's not as though she has anything to fear at this point; although, I sympathize with her concerns over the backlash SHE'S going to receive over the release of the album, which doesn't even coincide with her vision. Hopefully, the media and critics will highlight this blog entry. As for me, I've heard all I need to hear: I know what pretense Universal is working under and I'm not interested in their attempt to profit off of an artist they've done great disservice to, in so many ways. My loyalties lie with Hikki!

Ha, it almost sounds like we're gearing up for war or something. In this case, I wouldn't mind running Universal through with a proverbial sword.

Yeah. I even wonder if Universal Records is aware on how much Hikki is against this. Hikki doesn't deserve to receive harmful words because of this. I love Hikki's straightforwardness, on how she honestly says everything she wants without hesitations. Well I think the media would hear Utada's words on her blog though. They should do something about this as soon as possible.

I'm crossing my fingers that the release of "UtB" won't mess up the whole thing. It's just silly. Universal Records is a scumbag, sry.

I would not hold your breath on that ... UMG could turn a silk purse into a pigs ear without breaking sweat
Posted on: 2010/10/26 9:58
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
I'm kinda worried that this "Utada the Best" will lower Single Collection Vol. 2 sales, since fans could get confused about which to buy and not to buy, and decide not to buy either. Since they're both compilations and both being released on the same date. just my opnion
Posted on: 2010/10/26 23:23
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

山本_passion wrote:
I'm kinda worried that this "Utada the Best" will lower Single Collection Vol. 2 sales, since fans could get confused about which to buy and not to buy, and decide not to buy either. Since they're both compilations and both being released on the same date. just my opnion

True that. That's why I hated the strategy of UR in this. "Utada the Best" is just a compilation while "UHSCV2" has Hikki's hardworks. Only true fans would know.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/10/27 10:13
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19 / Male/ Spain
I dont think real fans will stop buying USC2... the best is just an stupid remix of both english albums... at least they could have included "Do you" feat Ne-yo or "Close to you"... :S
Posted on: 2010/10/28 13:43
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 /F /rep'n dirtee jerzee
Quote:

thisisseyo wrote:
I dont think real fans will stop buying USC2... the best is just an stupid remix of both english albums... at least they could have included "Do you" feat Ne-yo or "Close to you"... :S

OR her Let It Snow cover with Mika.. :'D
Posted on: 2010/10/28 14:50
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...4567