English Best Album: Utada The Best

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: English Best Album: Utada The Best
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Haha I was thinking about the tracklist and it seems very... i dunno, half-assed? Like, when I make a playlist on iTunes, that's kinda what it comes out like. This album seems very spontaneous for lack of a better word. I'm slighty... offended? Hurt? lol That kinda sounds stupid but if I'm gonna buy an album, I'd atleast like some new pics or something, ya know? I know that UHSCVOL.1 was the same but not really, it was all singles, had some sort of planning. If it had maybe all the remixes or every song then I could understand. But what's with both versions of Sanctuary being on there? That seems a little redundant. All in all, this just seems like a waste. I'm buying it of course. lol

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2010/10/23 11:41
  •  joeri
      joeri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L not telling! :)
this si what i call milking the franchise, in this case utada.just to make a quick buck they release old songs on an album, i really hate these kind of albums :/ if they were remasterd or something then it would be cool, but allas it isnt.
Posted on: 2010/10/23 13:14
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
While Universal is "cashing in", Utada will be, too. I'm sure Utada is well aware of this BEST album. There's no difference between this and her single collections. I'm beginning to think people are being biased because it's her English work. 8 tracks on SCV2 are from Heart Station and 5 are from Ultra Blue. The only reason no one probably cares about that is because there's an EP attached. Isn't this what some people wanted? People asked where her English singles were. Well, here they are and then some. Let's all be happy!
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2010/10/23 14:51
  •  Somejuan0
      Somejuan0
UN Reporter
A/S/L Male
I understand what you're saying but, this is basically a recycled album.
Posted on: 2010/10/23 18:14
  •  Somejuan0
      Somejuan0
UN Reporter
A/S/L Male
I might be buying it.... if it comes with something haha. I did like some of her singles music.
Posted on: 2010/10/23 18:16
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Quote:

Jiremi wrote:
While Universal is "cashing in", Utada will be, too. I'm sure Utada is well aware of this BEST album. There's no difference between this and her single collections. I'm beginning to think people are being biased because it's her English work. 8 tracks on SCV2 are from Heart Station and 5 are from Ultra Blue. The only reason no one probably cares about that is because there's an EP attached. Isn't this what some people wanted? People asked where her English singles were. Well, here they are and then some. Let's all be happy!

I don't think we're being biased at all. It's different because of SC2 has the five new songs, some of which brought new videos (Pepsi CM and possible Can't Wait Til Christmas PV), new pictures and some first press bonuses while this one offers no new material in any form. Don't get me wrong, I loved Exodus and This Is The One, but I'm not seeing the appeal if nothing new is included. But whatever, I'm just happy she has so many releases this year.
Posted on: 2010/10/23 19:10
  •  aquaticdragons
      aquaticdragons
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/Los Angeles
Idk if I should buy this~

At first I was totally going to get it but then I saw the tracklist it didn't seem appealing.... I personally would have liked it more if the tracklist was more like this:

1.Simple and Clean
2.You make want to be a Man
3.Apple and Cinnamon
4.Tippy Toe
5.Exodus 04
6.Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence
7.Easy Breezy
8.Dirty Desire
9.Me Muero
10.Come Back To Me
11.On & On
12.Devil Inside
13.Let me give you my love
14.This One (Crying Like a Child)
15.Kremlin Dusk
16.Sanctuary (closing)

It would also be better if it had new pictures and maybe 3 additional songs; one collab, one cover-song and one completely new song.

It would be more awesome if it was CD+DVD which would include In The Flesh Tour footage and PV's for YMMTB,EB,CBTM and new song.

If it was packaged like this then I wouldn't even think twice, I would have ordered it at the speed of lightning

But maybe asking for all of this is a bit too much and most likely will not happen
Posted on: 2010/10/24 3:48
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
WOW shocking news, guys! Seems like Utada didn't really know about The Best or at least she isn't in favor of it... She also said that those who want to preorder it should wait for a while. Shame on you, Universal Japan
Posted on: 2010/10/24 8:02
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
oh, she also just stated the same in english:
"utadahikaru
The release of "Utada the best" is entirely against my will. I wish that my fans won't have to buy it. There's no new material in it."
WTH D:
Posted on: 2010/10/24 8:02
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Thats the way i like it, she didnt like fans wasting money for something that they already go it before.

Salute Hikki
Posted on: 2010/10/24 8:33
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>