Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  flipbeats
      flipbeats
Colored Contacts
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L male
Hey, I've never worn colored contacts before I have regular ones now. I was wondering if anybody else has and whats your review on them. I saw these contacts at comicon NYC and I found them online. It inspired me to maybe get them. I just want a review before anything.

http://www.visiondirect.com/la/help/default.asp?catid=179143&aid=336996&aparam=anime+contacts

Posted on: 2010/10/24 16:24
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Re: Colored Contacts
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
I ordered some coloured contacts for my Vincent Valentine costume that I was making (cosplay) from Vision-Direct some years ago. They were prescriptions and worked well enough, but it was hard on the eyes as I could visibly see a ring at certain angles.

Being Asian, most coloured contacts do not work, as they merely tint the iris as opposed to being opaque and painting it out. I suppose you really need to be aware of this issue if you have brown or darker eye colour. Vision Direct did not specify this before my order, so in the end, we worked it out - I sent it back and I got store credit.

I remember feeling that they were chunkier feeling than normal lenses - this was about five years ago though. They were not uncomfortable though, and quite comparable otherwise to normal lenses.

I hope that I was of help.
Posted on: 2010/11/1 9:44
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic