Poster Thread
  •  newt456
      newt456
Utada's Grandmother Passes Away
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20101106-00000045-spn-ent

This is horrible :(

I think it would be great if someone could translate it for us. Utada and her mom apparently left their grandma in isolation because of "financial problems" until she died of cancer. Some of the more ravenous fans of Ayumi, Namie, Koda, etc. that I know, began to criticize Utada for seemingly ignoring the needs of her grandmother. I think a proper translation instead of google translate is needed to verify the veracity of this matter.

I hope Hikki doesn't feel too sad
Posted on: 2010/11/5 18:56
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Re: Utada's Grandmother Passes Away
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Ignore the ravenous fans of others..their criticism is guaranteed expected. I would feel Google's translation is correct, but choppy if anything so things could be left out just to highlight the serious matter.

Of course Hikki will feel bad..I just hope fans won't pester her with twitter comments asking her of this news. It's very personal and I honestly don't think this thread should have been made..no disrespect to you, newt.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 19:08
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
RIP utada-sama。
Posted on: 2010/11/5 19:21
  •  newt456
      newt456
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

kayoko wrote:
Ignore the ravenous fans of others..their criticism is guaranteed expected. I would feel Google's translation is correct, but choppy if anything so things could be left out just to highlight the serious matter.

Of course Hikki will feel bad..I just hope fans won't pester her with twitter comments asking her of this news. It's very personal and I honestly don't think this thread should have been made..no disrespect to you, newt.

It is personal and I had no intent of hurting feelings, I just want to help people be in the know. If Utada feels like clarifying this problem, it is her choice. I for one am curious about the situation, but I can respect her privacy enough to just forget it.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 20:05
  •  AUtada
      AUtada
Re: Utadas Grandmother Passes Away
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
i'm sorry but can someone tell me what's happening? cos i have no idea what the articles are talking about. and what? critisms about Utada?
Posted on: 2010/11/5 21:34
  •  fleeingbynight
      fleeingbynight
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 28/M/South Florida
Personally, I think this is a private matter for the Utada family where fans need to respect their privacy even if they are not fans of hers and observe a "mourning" period before they criticize.

My thoughts and condolences goes out to Hikki and her family.
Posted on: 2010/11/5 21:46
Administrator
A/S/L

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/11/6 1:51
  •  pompon
      pompon
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L F/23/Warsaw,Poland
Sad news...Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
RIP utada-sama。
I know what you meant but I doubt mother of Hikki's mother surname was Utada...
Posted on: 2010/11/6 6:21
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Google Translate

Utada's Message

I learned that his maternal grandmother died. My grandma and I always 会Enakatta in a variety of often helped to get custody of a child will remember. Thank you Grandma. I wish I did not give to your funeral.

News Message

Singer Utada Hikaru (27) October 6, at his own Twitter, Takeyama Sumiko's grandmother died of liver cancer for four days (He was 80) I spoke to.

Mother Keiko Fuji (59) because he was busy with show business, and that childhood is Utada was also Sumiko's got to look after. "My grandma and I always 会Enakatta in a variety of often helped to get custody of a child will remember. Thank you Grandma. I wish I did not give to your funeral," Spelling, mother - mourned the death of his grandmother had been in trouble with estranged Keiko Fuji.

That is weird. Oh well, if her surname isn't Utada, that is the closest I could find.
Posted on: 2010/11/6 8:27
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
A translated Article published on the Aurifera ?forum? from Japan Today May 2007, entitled Utada Hikaru & Kazuaki Kiriya Divorce?.......the comments from Utada?s grandmother have the potential to resonate over time ?..

http://s8.invisionfree.com/aurifera/ar/t4120.htm

This gives some insight into the levels of complexity fame and fortune can induce into family interpersonal business relationships, conflicts always have the potential to create intense bitterness. They struggle the longer the ability to communicate on a personal level has broken down. I hope that time can return happiness and fulfillment to Utada?s immediate family.

My heart truly sank, whatever happened in the past, the cancer Sumiko Takeyama succumbed to ultimately robbed Utada of the chance to say good bye?.??

Posted on: 2010/11/6 9:44
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>