<123456789>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  fleeingbynight
      fleeingbynight
Re: "Goodbye Happiness" PV Discussion
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 28/M/South Florida
Here's something interesting. If you add the video to your favorites on youtube. Even though comments and rating has been disabled, if you go to the list of favorites, it shows how many liked or dislike it. So far eight people have disliked it... Really? I think it pretty sweet! Also, Utada is the #1 most viewed musician on youtube at the time of this post. Congrats!
Posted on: 2010/11/9 23:44
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
Finally! The Jpop queen, the one who started it all for me, my first ever asian artist that I adore so much, the best artist ever for me is back. And she's gonna top the Japan charts again with this single. Like most of you, this is really a bittersweet video for me, I really think this is her sort of "good bye" video for now. The video was awesome, I have been laughing most of the time while watching it. It sure brings back memories of her old stuffs, some of them which I don't listen anymore (got hooked up with SNSD, sorry.) I'm looking forward to her worlwide release of the album (I really hope it does.)
Posted on: 2010/11/10 5:51
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L Not something you need to know
wow her youtube vid is really getting my heart station remix views. It jumped up 2k in views over night. Yesterday it was at 80k and now it's at 82k.

www.youtube.com/fadcAuTra
Posted on: 2010/11/10 10:09
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
OMG! I love how she put up all her prveious PVs and her most memorable live performances up at one Hikki-exclusive youtube account; it's been forever since I've seen any of them in their entirety since they keep getting deleted for copyright violation an I have yet to get any of her single clip collections yet (will be getting @ least a few for x-mas hopefully)...

Anyways, I thought the PV was pretty terrific, although initially it honestly had me arrested into banality for about the first 15 secs. or so! It's like I heard someone @ U.blog said: "Goodbye Happiness" is not only a slick tribute to all of her classic music videos of the past but also a heavy-hearted tribute to all her international and Japanese fans who cover/karaoke her songs or plog posts Utada-related videos on any of the now infinite viral sites. That also fits well with the song's lyrical content from the third-person perspective of she'll be leaving and absent from our lives for a while, but euphorically recall all the lifetime memories the music has made! Some have complained about it not being incredible for lack of special effects or aesthetically-pleasing studio backgrounds that her Kiriya cllaborations had, but I say that doesn't matter at all when the music's this great, she's IN hte PV, and her humanity and personality is shining through the whole time on!

As far as refernces and nods to her other PVs and past events, I think the list goes:

-The yellow sofa chair and choreogrpahy from "Automatic"'s PV
-The disco ball and prom setting of "First Love"'s PV and her 'Rockin' On Japan' photoshoot for her 2008 HS album promotional era
-Those outrageously expensive but kickass headphones from the "HS" PV
-The stationary camera angle of the "Hikari" PV
-The "Traveling" PV march (too cute)!
-The animal puppets in reference to her "WILD LIFE" concerts and "Boku Wa Kuma" PV, as well as the claymation segment of "Traveling"? (also adorable!)
-The unplugged or studio-based performance footage of the "FOL" "POL" and "For You/Time Limit" PVs
-The teacher/chalkboard get-up for "Keep Tryin'" (and all the society-based occupations she did in it?)
-The Pizza Delivery and flying doves at the end to when her dad called "Pizza Hut" like "Pizza Doves" in Japanese pronounciation?
-The Utada Production card @ beginning to all the Kiriya/Hikaru collabos
-The "I Love You" pad note from "HS's" ending lyrics and just to say it to us as a thank you so much for now, maybe?

..That's all I could make out, but let me know if I missed anything!
Posted on: 2010/11/10 10:57
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
Oh and as a little footnote, Goodbye Happiness debuted on the J-Wave Tokyo Hot 100 Singles Airplay Chart @ #72 this week with Hymne a L'armour~Ai No Anthem~ still 'hanging 10' in the Top 10 @ #9 for its third week there (#7 in previous week!)! Congrats to Utada as always...
Posted on: 2010/11/10 11:05
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 00/F/CityofWonder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfpX8lkaSdk&t=1m27s

^ this dance step might represent deep river
Posted on: 2010/11/10 15:51
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Q wrote:
ooo! time to make out whats in the background ...

... im still curious to what the poster is?

When i watch it closely, i think its "sex pistol" band poster
Posted on: 2010/11/10 16:55
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

bluesfighter09 wrote:
-Those outrageously expensive but kickass headphones from the "HS" PV
..That's all I could make out, but let me know if I missed anything!

the headphones from "HS" PV is Audio Technica ATH-SQ5, isn't it?. They seem different headphones. I could be wrong though.
Posted on: 2010/11/10 17:31
  •  kuromaguro
      kuromaguro
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/M/London
Yeah the headphone in Goodbye Happiness PV is different, it is the Ultrasone Edition 8 headphones: http://www.headphone.com/headphones/ultrasone-edition-8.php
Posted on: 2010/11/10 17:52
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Shanghai, China
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Q wrote:
ooo! time to make out whats in the background ...

... im still curious to what the poster is?

When i watch it closely, i think its "sex pistol" band poster

yeah i found the original pic of the poster

Posted on: 2010/11/10 17:54
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456789>