<1...56789>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Re: "Goodbye Happiness" PV Discussion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
It hurts doesn't it? That's the Flavor of Life, it stings because it's true. Or maybe just annoying. I give people headaches.
Posted on: 2010/12/1 9:44
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Lol No, not really. It seemed more like you're trying to bash her or something.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2010/12/1 10:10
  •  TurtleFu
      TurtleFu
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Honestly, the dancing didn't seem choreographed. Hikki was just doing whatever she felt like at the time. I think that when she said she isn't a dancer, she obviously meant those big choreographed numbers that other pop singers do. She danced fine in this PV.

I don't know if the doves contain any big symbolism, and them representing Christianity is unlikely (to me) because Hikki is not a devout (or even practicing) Christian. Maybe it just was for surprise, like she wanted to give a little surprise at the end of the video. That's all. I mean, it's not like anything else in the video is symbolic, just a whole bunch of references to other PVs.
Posted on: 2010/12/2 13:18
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
I don't think Hikki would have what I said in mind when she was planning the video, but I don't know her that well. How do you think she would answer if someone asked a question pertaining to my post? What did she study in Columbia again?
Posted on: 2010/12/5 6:47
  •  coffee
      coffee
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 31/ female / saudi arabia
best pv ever. ilove hikki
Posted on: 2012/4/14 14:27
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan
She is terribly cute in this PV !!
I would say she's just portraying her playful personality lol...

For some reason I keep relating to the PV "Hikari" where she's juz chillin' and washing plates ..that pv was kinda boring -.-
I mean its a meaningful song but seriously, washing plates?
Posted on: 2012/4/15 2:08
  •  Kawashima
      Kawashima
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/F/Poland
Quote:
For some reason I keep relating to the PV "Hikari" where she's juz chillin' and washing plates ..that pv was kinda boring -.- I mean its a meaningful song but seriously, washing plates?

Japanese PVs are often like that. I.e. one of my fauvorite japanese band, Kalafina's videos are all the same: they are just standing and singing, sometimes they are walking around. I like Godbye Happiness PV, that effect with Utube was awesome, and references to her past PVs was cute. Still, for me the best PVs were from Ultra Blue era.
Posted on: 2012/4/15 2:37
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan
yea !! especially Be my Last and 誰かの願いが叶うころ (When Someone's Wish Comes True). I think the concept is quite direct and the feelings are well expressed.

Anw, I found a quote from Utada for "Hikari" PV :

"Actually we were to shoot the PV of 'Hikari' with him (Kazuaki Kiriya) but it didn't come true due to his scheduling conflicts at the last moment and that's why we requested Kiriya urgently to shoot that dish-washing video."

It could have been better but it doesn't matter now. It was still enjoyable and had good sales :)
Posted on: 2012/4/15 3:01
  •  Kawashima
      Kawashima
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/F/Poland
I'd also go 誰かの願いが叶うころ and Passion, Be My Last if fine, but Passion PV stole my heart (maybe except the scene with horses, feels weird). Keep Tryin' was very heart-warming, as well.

"Actually we were to shoot the PV of 'Hikari' with him (Kazuaki Kiriya) but it didn't come true due to his scheduling conflicts at the last moment and that's why we requested Kiriya urgently to shoot that dish-washing video."

I heard about it, too. But if she enjoyed it, then I guess it's alright. The most important thing is song itself, not PV.

However, I regret that there's no video for . Show me Love (Not a Dream). Goodbye Hapinnes was a perfect choice to say "goodbye" to us, fans, but Shoe me Love also deserved PV
Posted on: 2012/4/15 3:25
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan
Show me love is amazing !
Don't know if u've seen this already http://vimeo.com/28718421

The video works pretty well and probably the closest thing u can get for a PV.
Her vocals are so powerful~ Not bad for her first Heavy Rock song ^ ^
Posted on: 2012/4/15 4:42
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...56789>