Utada News
  Hikki signs Worldwide deal with EMI as 'Hikaru Utada'; drops IDJ/Universal

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Hikki signs Worldwide deal with EMI as 'Hikaru Utada'; drops IDJ/Universal
Administrator
A/S/L
Guess we should start a dedicated topic on this...
Announced on her Twitter, Hikki says she has "signed a worldwide deal with EMI" and that this will give her "more freedom between languages, and more support overseas". This means she will be breaking ties with Island DefJam/Universal for the work she has done under the name UTADA. However, she says, "I still am taking a break from 2011. I don't know how much I'll carry on after I come back, can't promise a lot, but I will return"
According to this press release from EMI, she will go forth using the name 'Hikaru Utada'.

There is an image here from the signing: http://www.daily.co.jp/newsflash/2010/11/09/p1_0003593969.shtml

Article: http://www.daily.co.jp/newsflash/2010/11/09/0003593969.shtml
EMI execs flew in Nov 5, deal was signed Nov 8
Posted on: 2010/11/8 22:09
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Hikki signs Worldwide deal with EMI as 'Hikaru Utada'; drops IDJ/Universal
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
I think its good deal, so fans wont confused with Utada and Hikaru Utada. No more IDJ all of her stuff English and Japanese under Hikaru Utada only
Posted on: 2010/11/8 22:26
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
After Hikki left the largest label in the world (Universal Music Group), I just hope that Hikki will be promoted MORE not just in japan but overseas under the name HIKARU UTADA. UTADA is for EXODUS and TITO only and nothing English under UTADA follows. ^_^♪

HAPPY FOR BOTH EMI, U3MUSIC AND HIKKI!
Posted on: 2010/11/8 23:29
  •  fleeingbynight
      fleeingbynight
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 28/M/South Florida
Congrats to her success and her new deal. I just hope EMI didn't put a back to work date on her contract. I wonder if this deal allow EMI to place her entire discography on itunes and amazon in other countries so that it takes some of the pressure off of EMI Japan. Can't wait to see this new chapter unfold after she comes back.
Posted on: 2010/11/8 23:36
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic