Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Utada News
  Utada Hikaru SCV2: 30 Second Preview for ALL new songs!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: Utada Hikaru SCV2: 30 Second Preview for ALL new songs!
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Quote:

Q wrote:
BOO ... the previews have JUST been taken down ...

oh wow hahah but too late! some of us have already heard it! :)
Posted on: 2010/11/9 21:57
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Posted on: 2010/11/9 23:23
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/Male/Singapore
Phew just heard it in time!
Not bad, but recently, I avoid listening to too much sad songs, bad for health u see.
Posted on: 2010/11/9 23:31
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Wow, they all sound incredible :o a little sad and depressed though, i was especially surpsied that Can't wait 'til Chritsmas isn't upbeat for now :P maybe the full version sounds happier ?!
Posted on: 2010/11/10 4:08
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
I know a lot of people have heard them, but a lot more people have not; does anybody have any new links or MP3 peer-2-peer sharing download sites where we can get or just play them back now? Someone (likely from Utada's staff or some anti-piracy advocates) snatched the preview clips from Amazon JP and UK as well as the mediafire link (it just downlaods and appears as a blank Microsoft Word document...?) If anyone has any updates, just post it up here!
Posted on: 2010/11/10 10:25
  •  GoldStays
      GoldStays
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Well, I posted this under the Single Collection Vol. 2 thread, but I think it's more proper here.

I never knew that Show Me Love would be the one that I think I'm going to love the best (except for maybe Goodbye Happiness, which I wasn't putting high up there either!) Ever since Heart Station's Niji-iro BASU struck me by surprise, I've put a lot of weight on Arashi no Megami, which I thought would be ethereal and ULTRA BLUEish. I think it shows her vocal range and has a few hidden surprises, but Show Me Love, which I anticipated to be a groovy, jazzy Hymne, hits the ball right out of the park with a darkness that I don't think I've ever detected in Hikki. I wished that Can't Wait Til Christmas would be more upbeat (I sort of imagined Hikki dancing in the snow and bobbing around), but it seems like it's more emotional. If this is the next PV that comes out (praaaaays), then I hope it will tell a good story (like the intention of Be My Last).

All in all, Show Me Love is my favorite! I never thought I would say that. I'm dying to hear the rest!
Posted on: 2010/11/10 11:16
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
As a little gift for anyone that HASN'T heard the previews due to its unexplained lapsed availability to stream, here's my review of the Disc 2 EP from having heard two full versions and three 30-second clips!:

Arashi No Megami (Storm Goddess)-A piercing, orchestraic and almost unplugged torch ballad that recalls the chillwave vocal emoting of "Dareka No Negai Kanau Koro (When Someone's Wish Comes True)" and "Kairo (Sea Route)" while incorporating showstopping strings of "POL." Will likely be the most lyrically cryptic piece she's ever done!

Show Me Love (Not A Dream)-The fabled cut that appeared on Goetz. B's mixing page a year or so ago has the ethereal groove of "Take 5" and "Final Distance" while incorporating electronica and keyboard bits ala' "This Is Love" and "Blue," only even more brooding with the excellent, extended electric guitar additions.

Goodbye Happiness-The R'N'B/synthpop mash-up is the most commercial and immediately striking number here, but is no less of an artistic statement of her feelings of now as she promised."Uptempo and Sad" ala "Beautiful World" while paying comfortable and progressive homage to her urban/blues-based beginnings!

Hymne A L'Armour~Ai No anthem~(Hymne to Love~Love Anthem~)-the most polarizing and left-field (even for Utada's metric stick) of anything in her discography, but still pretty great nevertheless!; Differentiating between the French and Japanese parts may be a struggle for some but the percolating jazz melody and pyrotechnical vocal melisma makes this golden oldie cover of Edith Piaf's classic on pretty equal footing.

Can't Wait 'Till Christmas- The biggest unexpected development is A.) it NOT being a cover or B.) a festive and happy jingle, but in typical Utada ambition, an atmospheric power ballad almost completely driven by piano and her fervid voice, not unlike Arashi No Megami, only less raw and abstract. Expect this to be a tear-jereker in full, translated form! Will hopefully turn up as the 'christmas-based' PV her Dad was relentlessly tweeting about just a few weeks back ...

Let me know what you guys think of them so far as well, or what they remind you of or sound the most like!...
Posted on: 2010/11/10 11:31
  •  JayUtada
      JayUtada
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
To those that have not seen it yet, you can download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ovzpj8d9u73zm7s

The previews barely ruin the song in my opinion as the chorus is not revealed. BUT they are long enough to get you excited over it =)

The songs below are most similar to:

Can't Wait Til Christmas - Dareka no Negai Ga Kanau Koro
Show me Love (not a dream) - Devil Inside/Heart Station
Arashi no Megami - I don't even know. It sounds magical, as if it's about a scary fairy tale. It's hard to describe. You'll have to hear it yourself.

Enjoy! The Hikki Producers will probably take it down soon.
Posted on: 2010/11/10 15:41
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

JayUtada wrote:
To those that have not seen it yet, you can download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ovzpj8d9u73zm7s

The previews barely ruin the song in my opinion as the chorus is not revealed. BUT they are long enough to get you excited over it =)

The songs below are most similar to:

Can't Wait Til Christmas - Dareka no Negai Ga Kanau Koro
Show me Love (not a dream) - Devil Inside/Heart Station
Arashi no Megami - I don't even know. It sounds magical, as if it's about a scary fairy tale. It's hard to describe. You'll have to hear it yourself.

Enjoy! The Hikki Producers will probably take it down soon.

Thx for the link :D

Oh really? interesting, now that you say it, there definitely are similarities!
for me they sound more like

Arashi no Megami- Be My Last
Show me Love - Take 5
Can't Wait Til Christmas - somehow reminds me of a mix between WINGS and Final Fantasy music lol :x
Posted on: 2010/11/10 15:49
  •  JayUtada
      JayUtada
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

Kumachang wrote:

Thx for the link :D

Oh really? interesting, now that you say it, there definitely are similarities!
for me they sound more like

Arashi no Megami- Be My Last
Show me Love - Take 5
Can't Wait Til Christmas - somehow reminds me of a mix between WINGS and Final Fantasy music lol :x

Ah, your similarities fit mine better lol =).

I also can't wait for the Can't Wait Til' Christmas MV. I think people misunderstand the song. It's not suppose to be festive. In my opinion, the song is more of out-with-the-old, in-with-the-new. She can't wait for Christmas because it's her last moment as this Famous Hikaru, and she'll be going on her hiatus and starting over.

It reminds me of Falling Snow for some reason.
Posted on: 2010/11/10 15:53
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>