"Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga's "1 Choco for 1 Smile" Campaign

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
"Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga's "1 Choco for 1 Smile" Campaign
Administrator
A/S/L
Hikki's "嵐の女神" (Arashi no Megami) will be the campaign song for Morinaga's "1 Choco for 1 Smile"!

This campaign is to support the children who live in the areas where the cacao is produced. Morinaga will be donating 1 yen per 1 box of chocolates purchased during the Valentine?s season (January 1, 2011 through February 14, 2011). Also, 1 yen will be donated per download of Hikki's "嵐の女神" between November 24, 2010 to February 14, 2011. The commercials featuring "嵐の女神" will begin in early December!
http://www.emimusic.jp/hikki/news/news_j.php

props to a_kikoo
Posted on: 2010/11/21 20:05
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: "Arashi no Megami" tie-in song for Morinaga
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
its really good to see Hikki involved in something like this
Posted on: 2010/11/21 20:14
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:

Are you joking?
1 yen is like nothing, it's like 1/8th of a penny.
How about she makes a real difference and offers up the $10 million dollars she received for doing a 30 second commercial from Pepsi if she really cared?

For a woman who flies around in a private jet and who's estimated worth is around $350 million dollars you think she can give a little more.
She likes to talk about how she is into philanthropy but what has she really done?
What charities does she give to? what type of things to help the less fortunate is she involved in?

Does she really give back or is it all talk to improve her image?

I would ask her on twitter but apparently she only answers questions from her Japanese fans.
Posted on: 2010/11/22 14:03
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:

Are you joking?
How about she makes a real difference and offers up the $10 million dollars she received for doing a 30 second commercial from Pepsi if she really cared?

For a woman who flies around in a private jet and who's estimated worth is around $350 million dollars you think she can give a little more.
She likes to talk about how she is into philanthropy but what has she really done?
What charities does she give to? what type of things to help the less fortunate is she involved in?

I would ask her on twitter but apparently she only answers questions from her Japanese fans.

Come on, Ultra Red, you can't seriously be this sceptical? Any donation is better than none at all! Regardless of it's actual worth, this is still going to a very worthy cause, and whether or not Utada's doing this to "improve her image", it's still showing she cares enough to do this.
And with "Arashi no Megami" being as popular as it is, I'm sure they'll raise more than enough to help the poor people. And even if it is only 1 Yen, that's still one more Yen being donated.
Posted on: 2010/11/22 14:23
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:

Are you joking?

Way to be negative about it... and lol she's replied to her English speaking fans plenty of times. Some people here even have her replies in their forum signatures. I don't mean to always defend her but see it this way: She's a multi-millionaire, and also happens to be the 'quietest' celebrity in Japan. Between singles, she basically disappears off the face of the earth; no media appearances, no nothing. That said, since she's expressed her interests in philanthropy, who's to say she hasn't anonymously donated to some organization of some kind like this one? I mean, since she's said multiple times how she likes her privacy and doesn't want to be in the spotlight too often, the last thing she'd want to do is publicly show her support for a cause and attract media attention. lol Me and my speculation... But really, what I guess I'm saying is there's no need to bash her for what we know completely nothing of.

Anyway, I do agree with you on some level. It's nice that she and her music are associated with such a good cause, but seriously, 1 Yen?
Posted on: 2010/11/22 17:27
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
I know shes not known for charities. Although the "Boku Wa Kuma" t-shirt contest was for charity. I thought the same thing as what cube mentioned. She could be donating anonymously to an organization. Who really knows.

And yes, 1 yen may not be a lot... but it still means something. Especially for people in those countries.
Posted on: 2010/11/22 17:48
  •  JayUtada
      JayUtada
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:

Are you joking?

As if the people who donate 10 million and announce it PUBLICLY aren't improving their image?

I'm sure Utada has donated before. She just does not do it publicly, like Cube said.
Posted on: 2010/11/30 21:00
  •  山本_passion
      山本_passion
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15.
Quote:

JayUtada wrote:
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:

Are you joking?

As if the people who donate 10 million and announce it PUBLICLY aren't improving their image?

I'm sure Utada has donated before. She just does not do it publicly, like Cube said.

actually one yen is around one penny, although that still isn't alot..It's the thought that counts though
Posted on: 2010/11/30 21:46
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Shanghai, China
i remember she said she made anonymous donations.
by the way i just bought a box of Morinaga's "1 Choco for 1 Smile" chocolates.
Posted on: 2010/12/1 2:12
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:

Are you joking?

you can't make a hundred yen without a yen. C`mon dude. This is fund raising. When you say fund raising, it's not only a single person involved. Not that I'm defending Hikki because we never know where she spends her money. She's a public figure but a very private one. This might sound biased but I believe she's doing this for her intention to help, not just to gain a good image.

For a person like me who lived in a country that experiences toughness in poverty, a single penny means a lot. There are several of my countrymen who gets their food on the junk, made their children work for money instead of going to school, etc. It is heartbreaking. Most of them have to make a 100PHP(Philippine Peso) or equivalent to 2.5USD enough for living a day having 12 members in a family. Can you imagine how tough is that for them?

And if I remember it well, I think about 2 and a half years ago Hikki posted in her blog that she donates to whatever charity/foundation that she knew needed financial support. She sends money to other countries. I couldn't find the certain post on http://hikki.blogspot.com/ but I'm pretty sure she mentioned it. I think it was before a post that says she was watching something on NHK that she thought something Japanese but later on she learned that was Chinese.

But simply put, I'm just giving a 5% that she does this for a better image. I believe that mostly, real artists (singer/composers) are not into that "showbiz-type-of-life". They get inspiration from every people that touches their lives. May it be a fan or not. It doesn't apply only with Hikki. Some other Filipino artists are known for that too. I know a few who actually quit'd what they have for the sake of others and to live life freely.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/12/1 8:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>