Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...4567891011>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: "WILD LIFE" Concert - Wed, Dec-8-2010
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

ramenbox wrote:
Not dwelling or complaining. Just merely stating what I've observed and to be truthful I am pretty concerned with her vocal issues because I do not wish to see her vocals get affected further. (BECAUSE I HAVEN'T SEEN HER LIVE IN PERSON YET! lol, I'm just hoping that if she ever had a live performance some time in the future, I could be there and her vocals wouldn't be more damaged than this, you know what I mean?)

With all that said, the overall experience wasn't ruined at all. The live streaming on the 8th felt magical and I was really glued to the laptop. Despite frustrations due to lagging and disconnections and her damaged vocals(I just had to point that out! lol), it was fantastic. And yes, such issues would obviously not affect my love Utada, after all, she's the only pop artist that I like.

That is all what I wanted too. Well, of course.. we cannot erase the fact that Hikki is a brilliant singer/songwriter. But sometimes, we have to be vocally honest with what the real situation is. I wouldn't want to say biased opinions just because I'm a fan. I want you all to know what my opinion is. And that is not to hurt Hikki nor bash her. I love Hikki, even if my opinions may not reach her or may not bring her vocals back into its good condition, at least I've been honest with it.

I don't really want to bring up debate about this anyway. I still never get tired from re-watching Wild Life.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2010/12/15 21:12
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16/U.S
can anyone tell me where i can download the 9th concert mp3s?
i havent been able to hear any of the songs :(
Posted on: 2010/12/15 21:24
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Shanghai, China
Quote:

RRRRRRR wrote:
can anyone tell me where i can download the 9th concert mp3s?
i havent been able to hear any of the songs :(

Media Bank
Posted on: 2010/12/16 2:17
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
I have only seen about half the concert, but it was difficult watching UH butcher one of my fave songs (Blue).

You either need to clean out your ears or buy some decent headphones not the ones that came with your ipod.
Posted on: 2010/12/16 8:52
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

ramenbox wrote:
Not dwelling or complaining. Just merely stating what I've observed and to be truthful I am pretty concerned with her vocal issues because I do not wish to see her vocals get affected further. (BECAUSE I HAVEN'T SEEN HER LIVE IN PERSON YET! lol, I'm just hoping that if she ever had a live performance some time in the future, I could be there and her vocals wouldn't be more damaged than this, you know what I mean?)

With all that said, the overall experience wasn't ruined at all. The live streaming on the 8th felt magical and I was really glued to the laptop. Despite frustrations due to lagging and disconnections and her damaged vocals(I just had to point that out! lol), it was fantastic. And yes, such issues would obviously not affect my love Utada, after all, she's the only pop artist that I like.

That is all what I wanted too. Well, of course.. we cannot erase the fact that Hikki is a brilliant singer/songwriter. But sometimes, we have to be vocally honest with what the real situation is. I wouldn't want to say biased opinions just because I'm a fan. I want you all to know what my opinion is. And that is not to hurt Hikki nor bash her. I love Hikki, even if my opinions may not reach her or may not bring her vocals back into its good condition, at least I've been honest with it.

I don't really want to bring up debate about this anyway. I still never get tired from re-watching Wild Life.

So I don't have to feel bad for thinkin that this concert's vocals really weren't that good? I love Hikki but I've heard her do a lot better. I feel like she had to really push. UU06 was a lot better. And when I went to her In the Flesh concerts, she was just so-so as well.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2010/12/16 9:58
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
And as I watch her finish up Flavor Of Life and begin singing Beautiful World, I feel like she sometimes has this expression on her face of bein' kinda dissapointed with herself? I am definately not bashing, Hikki is my favorite but these are just kinda my thoughts.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2010/12/16 10:01
  •  Utadist
      Utadist
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:
And as I watch her finish up Flavor Of Life and begin singing Beautiful World, I feel like she sometimes has this expression on her face of bein' kinda dissapointed with herself?

She's no doubt a perfectionist, there are so few artists who get involved in every aspect of their work (songwriting, arrangements, production etc...), so I guess that when she's slightly out of tune or can't reach some particular note, that must make her really unhappy.
I've listened to the whole concert for the third time and I think her overall performance was good with some flawless moments (Hymne ? l'amour, Time will tell, Across the universe, Colors...) and some that were below her standards (Blue, the end of Passion, Hikari...).
Posted on: 2010/12/16 11:02
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
I have only seen about half the concert, but it was difficult watching UH butcher one of my fave songs (Blue).

You either need to clean out your ears or buy some decent headphones not the ones that came with your ipod.

Have you checked your setup? I don't think that her losing breath and missing notes has much to do with the amount of mucus in my ears, or my audio equipment...

Just sayin'.
Posted on: 2010/12/16 12:12
  •  Utadist
      Utadist
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
don't worry too much about her butchering your fave song "Blue", she won't do it again before long, if ever, happy? (I -and others?- must have damaged ears cause if I noticed a few problems, nothing close to butchering).

Hopefully, maybe remarkable live performers like Cradonna, Lady Caca, Britney Spurt and a few other samples of America's talented live vocalists will sooner or later cover Blue or other tunes? There's hope for meatmurder!
Posted on: 2010/12/16 12:32
  •  1994China
      1994China
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Yes I the Blue instrumentals arrangement. I love UH(to death- I met her once, she was not 1ft away from me!!!).
And I don't know why she writes such challenging songs, but I laud her for that. As long as she does not further strain herself, I will always appreciate the songs. They are truly splendid.I hope she enjoys her hiatus, and wish her the best of wishes in recovering and relaxing. In the meanwhile, I'll be listening to her repertoire. :}

And I would listen to the Dec. 9 recordings. I hear it's much better. Are they on youtube?
Posted on: 2010/12/16 13:47
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...4567891011>