•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: "WILD LIFE" Concert - Wed, Dec-8-2010
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
This is a forum....debate, discussions and even arguments are welcomed.
If we didn't want to discuss and argue stuff in this forum then it would just turn into one huge Hikki circlejerk.

I respect Amaterasu 's opinions very much even though we may disagree.

After listening to the audio from both concerts it's safe to say the girl still has it and her voice is actually sounding better then it did last year when I saw her on tour.

She may not be flawless in every performance and she may not be able to hit every high note perfectly like on the CD but Hikki is still an awesome singer and the best damn musician in Japan.

well... very true
Posted on: 2010/12/22 18:16
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
hikaru's budokan and united 2006 concerts were flawless. i specially like her performance in united 06 her voice back then was amazing as she could hit all the high notes on every song and her energy back then was very high.

her voice in wild life and in the flesh concerts were a bit strained. sometimes its like she is out of air or something. maybe because she has grown a little older and her voice box is not as strong as before when she was younger.

this said, it doesn't remove the fact that i still love her, warts and all!!
Posted on: 2010/12/23 23:31
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
Hi pips! just dropped by to see whats up with UtadaNet, (haven't been posting for such a long time now).

anyways, just saw Wildlife on YT. I don't know which day it was recorded however here is what i have to say...

regarding her voice... well it was really shaky in some songs and was great in other songs. heard it and there is no denying it. some of us were really affected by it while others were not (reason for the rise of temperature for this topic and clash of opinions). maybe this could be another reason why she wants to rest. lets face it, we all have different expectations regarding our beloved Hikki, some are harder to please than others, but it doesn't mean we should clash at each other, respect is still a must, heck we are all rooting for one person here.

regarding her overall performance, i could really say that it was great. great movements and connection to the audience, great timing and execution of songs, AND that is still the reason why we all love her.

arrangement of the songs were also great. great people behind her, doing all the music for each songs. still in my opinion i liked it much better if the guy with long hair (her lead guitarist in UU06) was with her on this. however, im not that hard to please, so i was really happy (in fact i was smiling the whole time watching the concert) with the arrangements of each songs.

oh another thing, in my opinion her performance for Hikari in UU06 was a little better, this is taking into consideration the overall feel of the concert on both occasion. voice was not a problem for me in this, its just that, some of the "epicness" was missing this time around.

Take5, Goodbye Happiness, Sakura Drops and Niji-iro Basu were my favourites and worth bragging to any "unbeliever" (some of my friends sadly).

however, Time Will Tell was superb this time around. Best performance of the song in my book. She gave it all on this one. Great voice. She was teary eyed in the end, and the final bow was meaningful.

my friends ask me if which of her concerts are my favourite, easily i will reply UU06 and Wildlife. heck, all of her concerts are great that is why am still following her and will follow her still in the future.

finally, clashes of opinions happen from time to time, we must always keep our cool and realize we are different individuals and again, underneath all of it, we all love Hikaru Utada.

thanks everyone. keep the lovin' feelin' up!
happy holidays!

oh and soulhunter, musta na? maligayang pasko dude!
Posted on: 2010/12/24 5:26
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
very well said dude...you are right we are all different but our love and support for hikaru stays the same.

let us all support her music, specially when she returns from her hiatus..
Posted on: 2010/12/24 7:22
  •  1994China
      1994China
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
To Cube:
Thank you so much!

And thank you to irbk who posted this!

We must keep that file alive!

Thank you! 謝謝你! Arigatou.
Posted on: 2010/12/24 9:44
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
OK, I've been watching today's Music Station SUPER LIVE 2010 and... let me just say that if we have mixed feelings on Hikki's vocals, I can only imagine what Ayumi's fans think of hers...
Posted on: 2010/12/24 15:23
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
i rewatched this concert on utube just now and i noticed she missed a few words on Niji Iro bus.
Posted on: 2010/12/31 1:31
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 25/male/Russia
Quote:

cube wrote:
OK, I've been watching today's Music Station SUPER LIVE 2010 and... let me just say that if we have mixed feelings on Hikki's vocals, I can only imagine what Ayumi's fans think of hers...

What do you mean?
Love songs wasn't great but same song on Best artist was performed almost flawless. M was every decent. And you might wanna check today's Kohaku performance or two Crossroad performances (these two were almost perfect) . Ayu's much better live performer.
Posted on: 2010/12/31 8:32
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Quote:

Chris85 wrote:
Quote:

cube wrote:

What do you mean?
Love songs wasn't great but same song on Best artist was performed almost flawless. M was every decent. And you might wanna check today's Kohaku performance or two Crossroad performances (these two were almost perfect) . Ayu's much better live performer.

I'm not saying she's a bad performer! Regardless of her vocals, Ayumi can really put on a great show! It's just that I was on the JPM forums and practically everyone in Ayu's thread was complaining about that performance at the SUPER LIVE. I saw it and pretty much agreed with them. I only like a handful of her songs (Voyage, Heaven, Mirrorcle World...), and she sounded flawless when those were first released so that SUPER LIVE performance just surprised me. But hey, just like Hikki, Ayu's been performing nonstop for the past 12 years, so no one can expect either of them to sound the same. I'm gonna check out the Kohaku performance, though.

Edit: I saw the Kohaku performance. It was good! I hadn't heard that song before (Virgin Road). I like it, especially the chorus.
Posted on: 2010/12/31 10:21
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 25/male/Russia
Quote:

cube wrote:
Quote:

Chris85 wrote:
Quote:

cube wrote:

What do you mean?

I'm not saying she's a bad performer! Regardless of her vocals, Ayumi can really put on a great show! It's just that I was on the JPM forums and practically everyone in Ayu's thread was complaining about that performance at the SUPER LIVE. I saw it and pretty much agreed with them. I only like a handful of her songs (Voyage, Heaven, Mirrorcle World...), and she sounded flawless when those were first released so that SUPER LIVE performance just surprised me. But hey, just like Hikki, Ayu's been performing nonstop for the past 12 years, so no one can expect either of them to sound the same. I'm gonna check out the Kohaku performance, though.

Edit: I saw the Kohaku performance. It was good! I hadn't heard that song before (Virgin Road). I like it, especially the chorus.

Well, I'm glad you liked it ) I've been a fan of both of them for years now so I've seen almost all live performances. That's why I say that to my mind Hikki's better not to make full concerts, her voice isn't designed for that while Ayu is able to handle at least half of a show on a decent level. Hikki's sometimes very good at TV performances with just one song.
Posted on: 2010/12/31 12:43
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...7891011>