<1...67891011>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  sokuri
      sokuri
Re: "WILD LIFE" Concert - Wed, Dec-8-2010
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 25/F/Kobe, Japan
I just got back! Such an amazing concert and I had tons of fun..I feel especially lucky to have been able to see her in such two different venues....The Fillmore had a much more intimate setting during her "In The Flesh" tour but the production of this concert was great and perfectly executed...The only big complaint I have is the fact that she didn't sing any songs from her English career...I absolotely loved TiTO and also the three main songs from Exodus (Kremlin Dusk, Devil Inside, and YMMWBM) But I am guessing she probably figured that since she just did an English tour and since she is in Japan, she should probably just stick to her Japanese stuff..I also was happy to see a lot of songs that she has never/rarely done live (ie: Niji Iro Basu, Flavor of Life, Teiku 5, Blue, Time Will Tell) ...She definitely favored her two latest Japanese albums in terms of song choice...

Some highlights of the night:
Opening: The Kuma-Chang video was hilarious! That's all I can say to that and "Goodbye Happiness" definitely helped get the energy flowing in the venue (the girls next to me had the puppets from the PV!)
The piano version of "Hymne ? l'amour" ..I personally did not really like this song until I heard her sing it with just a piano..Her voice was flawless!!!
"Colors" ..One of my favorite songs by her and she sounded amazing with the string accompaniment...
"Sakura Drops/ Stay Gold / First Love" - I love it when she plays piano, especially to Sakura Drops!
"Hikari" ..I always love the live version of this song better than the original and I actually caught one of the Styrofoam hearts!!
"Across the Universe" - This song was perfect with just her and Junko playing the guitar..this was probably one of my favorite songs of the night!
"Time Will Tell" - Definitely not my favorite song by her but I really liked it live and thought it quite fitting to end this concert with the first song she ever released in Japan...

Oh and I got some loot before scrambling like mad to the station...Getting home was a serious task!!! They gave all of us this really nice giant pamplet/poster that has pictures of the rehearsals in it and some cute messages from Kuma-chang...I bought the same black Kuma-Chang shirt that she wore during her encore (or similar..I thought hers was more sparkly)...A tote bag and of course, a neon green Kuma charm! I also put my little Styrofoam heart in the pic as well =)

I also took a pic of the venue before the show started:

I loved the center stage pattern as everyone had a decent view and Hikki also seemed to really enjoy walking around in a giant circle! I was in the A section though and wish I could have been closer to the cat walk when she walked off stage...Well thats my update for now..Ill try and post more when I get up tomorrow!!
Posted on: 2010/12/8 6:22
  •  Utada~Chan~Fan
      Utada~Chan~Fan
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/M/UK
I was in awe at my computer screen, it cut out during the guitar and I felt my heart stop, got it back in time for Can't Wait Till Christmas though, and Time Will Tell was simply sublime!

I LOVE YOU HIKKI!
Posted on: 2010/12/8 5:57
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
it was epic.. cant even describe it at first i sang along to all of the songs, until i realized i stopped singing and just stared at hikkixD must have looked fun XD Btw, there werent many (caucasian) foreigners at all Oo People were kinda staring at me and they seemed pretty shocked when they noticed i could sing along to the japanese songs XD
Posted on: 2010/12/8 5:52
  •  lexus91
      lexus91
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/M/Indonesia
watched the stream.. simply wonderfull. esp the hymne a l'amour. Loved it!!..

She looks like she's in agony though.. is it just me or is it the truth?

This is so emotional
Posted on: 2010/12/8 4:43
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Watched it streaming. Had to get up way early to do so, but it was totally worth it. "Sakura Drops" makes me cry every time, and especially with the strings and all. I'm such a baby!

Haz
Posted on: 2010/12/8 4:38
Administrator
A/S/L
5.5hours!

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2010/12/7 20:33
  •  prshr
      prshr
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
That's true! Oh nooooo! kumachang said that there are rumors that it'll be a UU6 part 2!
Posted on: 2010/12/7 19:00
  •  sokuri
      sokuri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 25/F/Kobe, Japan
plus itll probably get recorded just like her 20th bday live streaming did...So you probably wont have to worry if u do end up missing it!
Posted on: 2010/12/7 18:54
  •  prshr
      prshr
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

JayUtada wrote:
Ugghhhhh this is at 2AM for me. On a school night. =/

Whyyyy couldn't you wait until Saturday Hikki?! D: *sadness*

oh! did you buy her UHSVC2? I think, you can view it again if you enter the serial number in it or something. Heard it from somewhere.
Posted on: 2010/12/7 18:26
  •  JayUtada
      JayUtada
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Ugghhhhh this is at 2AM for me. On a school night. =/

Whyyyy couldn't you wait until Saturday Hikki?! D: *sadness*
Posted on: 2010/12/7 18:18
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...67891011>