<12
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Re: Hikki UHSCV2 Sales
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
I went to Tower Records in Shibuya today and according to them it seems like the Single Collection 2 is #9 at the yearly (Tower??) ranking
Posted on: 2010/12/11 0:50
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Considering how she has 3 spots on the iTunes chart, it isn't that bad. I'm guessing that fans rather spend on downloading the digital one than spending on the SCV2 album because it only has 5 songs and I'm sure most fans already have her previous albums which contain the songs on Disc 1. But yeah, I think the sales would be better if fans were informed about the restreaming option for the Wild Life concert.
Posted on: 2010/12/11 1:31
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
SCV1 just went up one spot to #8 today!

http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10albums.html
Posted on: 2010/12/11 11:15
  •  Kumachang
      Kumachang
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
Quote:

ramenbox wrote:
Considering how she has 3 spots on the iTunes chart, it isn't that bad. I'm guessing that fans rather spend on downloading the digital one than spending on the SCV2 album because it only has 5 songs and I'm sure most fans already have her previous albums which contain the songs on Disc 1. But yeah, I think the sales would be better if fans were informed about the restreaming option for the Wild Life concert.

I think another issue is the whole Utada the Best "scandal"... Almost all of my Japanese friends were surprised when I told them that Hikki acknowledged the SC2 as her "official" best-of, seems like they didnt read the newspapers properly?! lol meh...
PLUS, I dunno if someone mentioned this before, but it seems like "just" a part of the concert will be restreamed (it says the content is not determined yet)...
Posted on: 2010/12/11 14:05
  •  prshr
      prshr
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

cube wrote:
SCV1 just went up one spot to #8 today!

Hurray for SC1! <3
Posted on: 2010/12/11 17:09
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
It's really funny how SCV1 is still getting so much sales and SCV2 is just mehhh, lol but at the same time it is pretty cool considering how old SCV1 is. Speaking of Utada the Best, is that album actually out yet?

If only certain parts of Wild Life will be available for the rewatch option, I'd feel ripped off. Yes they didn't really cheat us but I'd still feel ripped though I comprehend the reasons for them doing so.
Posted on: 2010/12/11 17:58
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Yeah, 'Utada THE BEST' is out. Came out the same day as SCV2 and I think it debuted at #19 iirc. I doubt that only part of the concert will be available for the buyers of SCV2. I think by 'content is not determined yet' it means whether it will be only the 1st concert or a mix of both (like the Budokan DVD).
Posted on: 2010/12/11 18:11
  •  Utadist
      Utadist
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Is this going to be available for Japanese customers only? plus US customers? Worldwide? Is it like you get a code which you enter for a one-time play or will it ne possible to rewatch it several times? Thanks
Posted on: 2010/12/12 0:20
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Quote:

Utadist wrote:
Is this going to be available for Japanese customers only? plus US customers? Worldwide? Is it like you get a code which you enter for a one-time play or will it ne possible to rewatch it several times? Thanks

Should work regardless of where you're at since you just have to input the serial number on the disc.

Also, while SCV2 is still #1, SCV1 went up again today to spot #7 on the iTunes Japan charts!!

Posted on: 2010/12/12 14:13
  •  Utadist
      Utadist
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
seems she (and her management) properly anticipated going digital a few years ago :)
Posted on: 2010/12/12 14:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12