123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  purefault
      purefault
Utada Hikaru guitar tabs
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
So, I know there are some covers on youtube and a few tabs here and there on different tab sties, but I also play guitar, and I'm good at figuring out the correct chords from her songs.
If any of you have been wanting guitar tabs for any of her songs, post here, and I'll see what I can do =]
It may take me awhile to tab it all out, but I'd like to help.
The songs I like playing most are Sakura Drops and Be My Last.

Anyway, just thought I'd offer =]
I hope no one minds I started a new thread for this... wasn't sure where else to post it o_O
Posted on: 2010/12/11 23:50
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Re: Utada Hikaru guitar tabs
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
There was a similar thread earlier this year but I'm not sure if it's still up. Either way glad to know we have someone who can play by ear. I suck at that though I've managed to figured out a few of her songs.

I'd like to request the chords for About Me. Always manage to get the first few chords right then stuck halfway through the chorus so if you could please provide the basic chords, that'll be good enough.

Don't want to sound too demanding but it'd be really awesome if you tab out the live version of Passion (the UU06 or Wild Life renditions). Either one because they have great guitar solos at the end which would be fun to play.
Posted on: 2010/12/12 2:28
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
I'll see what I can do =]
I'm not the best with solos, but I'll give it a try.
I'll start with the basic chords.

And yeah, I really like the solo at the end of the UU06 "Passion".
The basic chords are fairly simple for that song. Mostly Asus2 and C#m.
And a few power chords for the verse.
During the live chorus, I think Kon-san mostly palm mutes and plays the root notes on one string.
I'll work on it some today, but I'll start with "About Me" =]

I really want to be able to play the entire solo from "You Make Me Want To Be a Man" from that same show, but there's a lot to it.
Posted on: 2010/12/12 10:50
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
Hmm, well I pretty much finished tabbing out "About Me", but it won't show up right if I post it here. If anyone wants tabs, I'll have to email you the text file, so whenever I finish a request, I'll PM you.
Posted on: 2010/12/12 11:44
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
I've pm-ed you. Can't wait to try this song. Another fun song on the acoustic is Keep Tryin'. Have you heard of the Acoustic Morning Mix version of Keep Tryin'?

YYMMWTBAM solo is pure awesomeness. It's pretty lengthy too. Haha. Anyways, do you post any cover videos? Youtube needs more cover videos of Utada's songs though I'm aware there's an abundance of First Love and Simple & Clean covers there.
Posted on: 2010/12/13 5:01
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
I haven't done any videos yet, but I might do that soon.
And yeah, those two songs get covered so much. haha.
I think I might do one of a basic chord version of Sakura Drops... I might also do one of Be My Last, although I like to play it slightly differently from the album. Have you seen the video of Utada playing it on guitar and singing it solo? She plays it slightly different than the studio version too, but it's basically all the same chords.

Nah, I haven't heard that mix of Keep Tryin'... someone posted it awhile back on here I think, but the video isn't up anymore =/

Hmm, so I guess next on my list is a guitar part for Passion?
And including the UU06 solo?
Posted on: 2010/12/13 15:46
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Oh yes, I've seen that solo performance of Be My Last. That tab is available on Ultimate-guitar if my memory serves me right. I actually like the solo video of her playing more than the original one because it's really rare to see her play the guitar! Not that she plays guitar like Hendrix, but it's still fun to watch. That version of Be My Last also sounds raw and more emotional.

I'll look forward to Sakura Drops and the electric parts for Passion from either concert if you plan to do em'. Any chance you'll do an acoustic arrangement for Stay Gold? :D

Here's the link for Keep Tryin' Acoustic Morning Mix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3SgJq6ZP1U
Posted on: 2010/12/13 20:59
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
Yeah, it's nice, especially since it's rare to see.
I'll look up that tab and compare it to what I'm playing.
I'm glad she played guitar on that cover of The Beatles during her last show =]
I had to stay up til 5am here to watch it online... it was more than worth it. haha.
It was so nice to see her play piano too.

And I'm sure you've seen the version of Be My Last that she sang with an orchestra... that was pretty awesome.

Hmm... Stay Gold?
I could figure out the basic chords.
Not so sure about all the individual notes she plays on piano... but I'll give that one a try =] I could figure it all out, but it would be a lot more difficult on guitar.
It's such a pretty song though.

I'll probably do a video of Sakura Drops soon, using the picking parts for the intro, and then the basic chords for the rest of the song.
it sounds really good with all 3 parts playing together though.
I have recording equipment, so I've done some rough recordings of it before.

And thanks for the link :)
Posted on: 2010/12/13 22:23
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Yes, the cover of Across the Universe was a good one. Her voice is suitable for such mellow songs. The orchestra version of Be My Last is indeed awesome, I prefer it more than the UU06 one. The one from UU06 sounded a bit weird for my tastes. Anyhow, yeah, it IS VERY worth it to sacrifice bedtime or any other activities to watch it live. It's an entirely different experience than watching the recorded one.

Back to Stay Gold, there's chords on UG too but they sound odd to me. I'll be looking forward to your cover of Sakura Drops. I believe that hasn't been done before on YT, haha!

Do you know of this guitarist by the name of lonlonjp? He arranges video games music for the guitar and he has covered both Hikari and Simple & Clean on the classical guitar. Pretty good ones.
Posted on: 2010/12/14 5:25
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
Hmm, I don't think I've heard him, but I'll look him up. I know there are a few different people/bands that do that kind of stuff. Some of it turns out incredibly well too.

I think I might just try Stay Gold by ear. I'll probably work on it some tonight.
I got a little bit of the solo for the live version of Passion down, but it's hard to catch all of it without having the guitar track separate.... and I think it's a little beyond my playing ability. heh.
I could possibly play it if I already had the tabs, but I'll keep trying. I'm gonna listen to it with headphones more.
If you want, I could go ahead and tab out the main guitar parts though.

I thought the UU06 version of Be My Last was good, but it does sound different with only one cello.

And Utada posted some things on her Twitter saying she felt really bad that people overseas couldn't participate in the ticket lottery for her last shows. It's nice that her fans mean so much to her. She really tried to find a way, but it never worked out. I'm glad they had the idea of streaming the first night though.
Posted on: 2010/12/14 8:13
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>