<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  IceAngel
      IceAngel
Re: Utada Hikaru guitar tabs
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/Female/UK
Could I request Show Me Love? My boyfriend and I wanna play this together (me singing and playing piano, and him playing the guitar) I've been looking since it came out but nobody has made a version of it yet. I'd love it if you could work it out... if thats ok? x
Posted on: 2010/12/14 12:04
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I'd love to see what you have for "Sakura Drops"! That's my most favorite Hikki song ever and I'd love to retranslate it into English if I could manage to do it some justice.

Haz
Posted on: 2010/12/14 12:17
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
Ah, yes, I'll try Show Me Love as well.
Such a powerful song.

And it may be awhile before I get a recording of Sakura Drops since I want it to sound really good. I mess up every time I do a video (takes me forever to record stuff), but I'll at least record all the guitar parts on audio and also tab it out for everyone =]

So, I pretty much have the guitar parts for Passion and Sakura Drops (and I already finished About Me), but I'm gonna hold off on the live solo for Passion until I can really figure it out. I can only get half of it.

I'll go ahead and tab about Passion soon. The main parts are pretty easy.
The chorus is mainly Asus2 and C#m.

So next in line is Stay Gold and Show Me Love.

Oh and I started playing that acoustic mix of Keep Tryin'. I really like how it sounds.
I play it capo 1 and mainly use power chords while leaving the high b and e strings open.
Posted on: 2010/12/14 20:35
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
Also, the tabs on UG for Be My Last are very close... but there are a couple chords that I know are just slightly different. And they're missing one, but other than that, like 95% accurate. You could play what they have, and it would still sound great with the recording.

Also, the tabs for Stay Gold have an E chord where there should be a G chord (if you're just playing it with basic chords).
I went ahead and figured out the piano part for the intro/chorus, and it was a pain on guitar... haha. Had to do an alternate tuning plus capo it for it to be in the right octave and to hit all the right notes.
But I'm also figuring out the chords in standard tuning with no capo.
That part's a lot easier... :P
Posted on: 2010/12/14 22:25
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Wow, you'll be tabbing Show Me Love? Now I'm really excited because I can't wait to rock that song on the electric. That'd be soooo much fun! Glad that you're having fun with the acoustic mix of Keep Tryin'. I wish there was an official acoustic version of that song, would have been so epic performed live by Utada solo on the guitar. Anyhow, could share the chords for Keep Tryin'?

and Good luck with Passion!
On a side note, how do you keep up with all these? Fantastic job.
Posted on: 2010/12/15 5:52
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
I was messing around with Show Me Love last night, and it's actually fairly easy. It's in drop D with mostly power chords and bar chords =]
I'll tab it out tonight.
And did you mean the chords for the acoustic mix of Keep Tryin'?
I can tab those out too.
I ended up finding an mp3 of it =]

Well, there have been times when I've been in 2 or 3 bands at a time, and I write a lot of stuff... I guess I have a good musical memory? I'm not sure. haha.
Thanks =]
Posted on: 2010/12/15 8:47
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
Since it's pretty repetitive, I'll just post the chords for the acoustic mix of Keep Tryin' on here.
It's pretty much these four chords...

Keep Tryin' - Acoustic Morning Mix

Capo 1st fret.

e --0------0------0------0-----------------------------------------
a --0------0------0------0-----------------------------------------
g --7------3------5------10---------------------------------------
d --7------3------5------10---------------------------------------
a --5------0------3------8-----------------------------------------
e ------------------------0*-----------------------------------------

* You don't have to play this string, but it adds depth.

Those are the actual frets you play (you don't need to move them up 1 because you're capo-ed 1)

Let me know if anything sounds off!

=]
Posted on: 2010/12/15 19:22
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
It's nice to wake up to these chords! I'll try Keep Tryin' (that sounded weird) later today and come back with some comments if it's off but it looks great to me.

Speaking of the MP3, is it a 128 one or? I'm quite unhappy with the 128 version so I'm still looking for a 320 one.
Posted on: 2010/12/15 20:05
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
That does sound weird to say it that way... haha.
The mp3 I have is 160, but a lot of the others I found sounded really low quality. Mine sounds a little better (better than the one in the video).
I think the guitar has some effects on it anyway, but I wish it was a little clearer.

Also, I finished the tabs for Show Me Love!
The actual tuning sounds like Drop D flat (mainly because of one low chord), but I also tabbed it out in regular Drop D too.
The song really only has 2 riffs to it, with a couple variations.
Posted on: 2010/12/15 20:31
  •  purefault
      purefault
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/m/usa
Also... I've pretty much finished Stay Gold, but the layout is kinda sloppy, so I gotta rearrange the tabs.

I also tabbed out how to play the actual piano part on guitar for the intro/chorus.
It's in a different tuning and capo 5, but the rest of the song I tabbed in standard.

I should have a chance to finish it tonight. I'll also try to get the other main piano part (from the pre-chorus) done if I have enough time.

And... I'll finally tab out Passion =]
Posted on: 2010/12/20 8:14
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>