<1...11121314151617...39>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
Re: Twitter: Hikki
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
they did find some radiation in Tokyo, but they said its not harmful to human health. business men are being sent home from work, schools tell students that they don't have to attend if they are worried, foreigners are leaving the country... if people in Tokyo have to evacuate, what happens to the people in Fukushima and in-between? residents living in the 30km radius of the plant have been evacuated. everyone is advised to stay indoors, keep the house airtight and cover their skin. my mom was even sent home from work early and she lives in Yokohama, south of Tokyo.
Posted on: 2011/3/15 9:54
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Posted on: 2011/3/15 10:07
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/California
Quote:

Rotaryknight wrote:
Quote:

UtadaHikaru124 wrote:
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:
There is no use in praying. We can only help them by donating and hope that help and relief reach them as soon as possible.

Did you really just say this.....WTF! who are you to say there's no use in prayer!!! STFU

If the person isnt religious of course they are going to say it. Im an atheist and I have the same feelings as that person.

Glad Hikki is safe.
Im optimistic that Japan will return to its former state soon enough. Just as long as they keep the nuclear reactor situation under control, relief and reconstruction effort can be more focused.

Damn, thank you, Rotary. ~_~ And at 124, any real help is going to come from actually doing something.

Check out this hat for sale!
http://www.zazzle.com/heart_station_hat-148152297661170325
Posted on: 2011/3/15 18:20
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:
Quote:

Rotaryknight wrote:
Quote:

UtadaHikaru124 wrote:
Quote:

~Billy<3'sHikki~ wrote:
There is no use in praying. We can only help them by donating and hope that help and relief reach them as soon as possible.

Did you really just say this.....WTF! who are you to say there's no use in prayer!!! STFU

If the person isnt religious of course they are going to say it. Im an atheist and I have the same feelings as that person.

Glad Hikki is safe.
Im optimistic that Japan will return to its former state soon enough. Just as long as they keep the nuclear reactor situation under control, relief and reconstruction effort can be more focused.

Damn, thank you, Rotary. ~_~ And at 124, any real help is going to come from actually doing something.

Well... while I respect that you're an atheist, you should also respect 124's (mine as well, btw) belief in prayer/religion. In that regard, you have no right to say that prayer is the equivalent to doing absolutely nothing; it's insulting. BTW, saying that you're praying for a cause doesn't mean that you won't do anything like donate or the like. Contrary to what most people believe, religious people don't believe that everything is a miracle and will magically appear/happen if you pray for it... You have to do your part as well.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I don't want to turn this thread into an argument about religion. I just felt I had to say something. Ignore it if you want.
Posted on: 2011/3/15 19:23
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
When the UK national blood service launched a campaign in 2002 entitled ?Do something amazing , give blood?, primarily to communicate the need for blood donor volunteers, only 2000 volunteered.

When Hugh Grant offered to support the campaign, more than 250,000 new donors came forward.

Hikki?s twitter has passed the ? million, Hikki donating blood and twitting so has increased awareness considerably about the importance of donating blood.

My Mother, Father, and my 2 year old twin sisters will remain in Tokyo.

I dearly want them to come back to London.

Mother said the Japanese people must have faith, pledge loyalty and have the conviction to see this through whatever the cost, to run away now would betray our family left behind.
Posted on: 2011/3/16 7:51
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Hikki needs to start tweeting again, I'm getting worried.
Posted on: 2011/3/16 11:13
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
me too
Posted on: 2011/3/16 12:56
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
This is a good article to ease some people's fears.

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/16/134567692/nuke-o-noia-the-worst-threat-to-japan

I'm sure everything is gonna be ok, I have faith that the Japanese are gonna come together and get through these very trying times.

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

Here are some links if you wish to donate and help those that are suffering right now.

http://www.google.com/crisisresponse/japanquake2011.html

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
Posted on: 2011/3/16 13:35
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
If something happened to Utada, it would be on the news. I don't think any US citizens were harmed in this quake, as Utada is one.
Posted on: 2011/3/16 18:32
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Dark_Armed_Dragon wrote:
If something happened to Utada, it would be on the news. I don't think any US citizens were harmed in this quake, as Utada is one.

False. I personally know someone who works at Honda and two of his co-workers were killed. Just because Japan is not specifically pointing out each person's nationality doesn't mean U.S. citizens haven't been hurt or killed. Even though Utada wasn't hurt, that doesn't mean other U.S. citizens weren't. Lastly, they haven't even found all of the people missing or feared dead. Next time think a little harder before making such a foolish assumption. =)
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2011/3/16 18:57
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...11121314151617...39>