Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Show Me Love (Not a Dream)
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
I just today realised that Utada's Show Me Love (Not a Dream has been speculated since about November 2009. I posted the thread up back in '09, and I was wondering something.
Since Utada said that Show Me Love (Not a Dream) was the song she wrote about her feelings towards her pending hiatus, do you think that she was planning it as early as November '09? Or do you think that that version of the song was just a song she'd written, and that it was tweaked to show her feelings towards it? What do you guys think?
Posted on: 2011/1/26 7:20
  •  cube
      cube
Re: Show Me Love (Not a Dream)
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
There was a recent interview about SCV2 (can't find it now) where she said that both Show Me Love (Not a Dream) and Arashi no Megami were recorded as demos in 2008, but that in 2010 she rearranged and wrote new lyrics for both of them. Now that makes me wonder... how many songs has she recorded as demos and not released?
Posted on: 2011/1/26 8:22
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Posted on: 2011/1/26 8:26
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

JimJam wrote:
I just today realised that Utada's Show Me Love (Not a Dream has been speculated since about November 2009. I posted the thread up back in '09, and I was wondering something.
Since Utada said that Show Me Love (Not a Dream) was the song she wrote about her feelings towards her pending hiatus, do you think that she was planning it as early as November '09? Or do you think that that version of the song was just a song she'd written, and that it was tweaked to show her feelings towards it? What do you guys think?

I think her hiatus was well planned. These concerts, ITF and WL were also part of her plans before the said hiatus, then completely get off the track of the "artist" life. Well, Hikki has been on and off the music scene and the span of her break-comeback is quite longer than other artists who's really active in the industry. That said, I think from time to time she comes up with various thoughts also mentioning her past experiences in life would make her want to settle things as organized as she could so that every mistake is worth it.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2011/1/26 9:14
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Shanghai, China
Quote:

In Hikki's Taiwan official website interview she said:
In fact, "Show Me Love (Not a Dream)" was recorded 2 years ago and the demo was done too. But the lyrics were really terrible and there wasn't a chance to release it.
When I decided to put 5 new songs in SINGLE COLLECTION VOL.2, I thought I gotta face it anyway and decided to re-write the lyrics. It was really difficult...

and according to the NHK documentary, the announcement about hiatus was made when she was recording "Goodbye Happiness" in London.
so i think her hiatus was planned after ITF
Posted on: 2011/1/26 19:01
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
yeah she might have thought about resting for a while long before the actual announcement was made in London. Must be lurking in her mind already, months, even years before. She must have weighed her options about how to go about with her life in a very long time and how it will impact her future as an individual and as an artist.

so I think that her London announcement was the culmination of her thoughts about the matter.

er just my two cents..
Posted on: 2011/1/27 3:44
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
here is a link of me playing show me love on guitar.

i hope you guys find this useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTrPToyUBM8
Posted on: 2011/3/24 1:33
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

percypenn wrote:
here is a link of me playing show me love on guitar.

i hope you guys find this useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTrPToyUBM8

Too much distorsion percy , i hope that's the right word. Cus I dont play guitar :D
Posted on: 2011/3/26 21:33
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
@swallow...thats what i thought too.

thanks.
Posted on: 2011/3/27 12:15
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic