•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Re: Utada In The Flesh Dvd Release?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
This is all Island Def Jam's fault.
That greedy record label that refused to promote our Hikki and had no hand in the ITF concerts are now trying to squeeze money from the Utada's and are blocking the release of this video.

Just another typical greedy American business trying to steal money from their employees and clients.

I'm so glad she dumped them.
Posted on: 2011/3/4 7:54
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
Hikki's Dad has tweeted.

Quote:
この北米/ロンドンの公演には二つのレコード会社が関係していて権利関係のクリアランスに手間取っています。どんな事をしても見てもらいたいので全力で交渉中。teruzane RT @2yu1i8 @u3music アメリカとかのライブハウスでやったliveDVD はでないんですか??

The America/London shows, two record companies were involved so there has been some troubles with clearance of rights. I want to do everything possible for people to see it, it is under negotiation with all my strength. RT @2yu1i8 @u3music isn't there going to be a DVD release of the concerts in America?
Posted on: 2011/3/5 3:30
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Just as we thought. For now, IMO, its delay is better since WL DVD/Bluray was released. We're all broke if this is to be released now. (tho I really don't have any plans having the WL DVD now, can't afford it ATM)

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2011/3/5 4:13
  •  flipbeats
      flipbeats
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L male
If both were out right now i'd buy both =)

Posted on: 2011/3/5 4:36
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Well, on the bright side, this will never happen again since all of her work will be conducted under one umbrella company. I do so want "In The Flesh", but "Wild Life" will be enough to tide me over until they can get everything sorted out. Best of luck to U3. I'm sure it'll all work out- it's not like Hikki's dad will have much else to focus on while her musical career is in hibernation.
Posted on: 2011/3/5 20:44
  •  brunangii
      brunangii
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 0/yes/here
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
This is all Island Def Jam's fault.
That greedy record label that refused to promote our Hikki and had no hand in the ITF concerts are now trying to squeeze money from the Utada's and are blocking the release of this video.

Just another typical greedy American business trying to steal money from their employees and clients.

I'm so glad she dumped them.

be sensible in your comments. american or not all corporations have the same goal in mind:money.
it's easy for her japanese record company to promote her because in japan she's so famous it doesn't take much effort.
in america on the other hand, she has to compete with the brittney spears, and whoever else dominates the pop charts. let me see you take on the responsibility of promoting a virtually unknown(outside of her hardcore fanbase) artist in the feeding frenzy that is america's pop charts.
also you can't just be so blatantly blind as to only blame the record company. hikki herself didn't do much to push the record company. she just sat back and accepted that they were doing all they could. well actually her dad is more at fault than her, he's her manager. look at the well known/established artist off the world and how their managers handle the record companies when it comes to promotion then look at hikki's manager.

on a side note island has never been the great company it once was since the departure of chris blackwell. that man placed the welfare of the artist on his roster before that of lining his pockets.
Your car is German. Your vodka is Russian. Your pizza is Italian. Your kebab is Turkish. Your democracy is Greek. Your coffee is Brazilian. Your movies are American. Your tea is Tamil. Your shirt is Indian. Your oil is Saudi Arabian. Your electronics a...
Posted on: 2011/3/5 23:28
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

brunangii wrote:
in america on the other hand, she has to compete with the brittney spears, and whoever else dominates the pop charts. let me see you take on the responsibility of promoting a virtually unknown(outside of her hardcore fanbase) artist in the feeding frenzy that is america's pop charts.

Counterpoint: Justin Bieber.

Quote:

brunangii wrote:
also you can't just be so blatantly blind as to only blame the record company. hikki herself didn't do much to push the record company. she just sat back and accepted that they were doing all they could. well actually her dad is more at fault than her, he's her manager. look at the well known/established artist off the world and how their managers handle the record companies when it comes to promotion then look at hikki's manager.

This is all pretty much true, as well. Hikki, in the end, wasn't motivated to dominate the American music industry: she essentially stated that herself. But I do think, and I accept this as my own totally personal interpolation, that part of that was that she was not comfortable with IDJ from a certain point onwards. I think everyone wrote off IDJ's failure with "Exodus" (which Hikki seemed just as adamant about as any of her Japanese work) as a very terrible, upsetting, circumstantial fluke- but a fluke nonetheless. With TITO, they seemed to tackle initial campaigning at full force: Hikki was doing the kind of promotion necessary for an up and coming artist and she seemed genuinely interested in where this development might take her. IDJ (and possibly even more so her father) was getting her into radio stations, onto Ryan Seacrest, finding her slots on whatever shows she could make. She did the Sephora gigs which were HUGELY successful; beyond anyone's expectations, I think. "Come Back to Me" was charting and people were starting to hear about her. And then it all just stopped. And when Hikki came back from being sick, it was like IDJ just didn't care. I truly do believe they gave up on her before she gave up on them- but I don't think it took her long to give up on them, either, and when business gets bad like that it's pretty hard to get anything done. Frankly, I think that with the willpower and the material, Hikki and EMI could launch a very successful campaign for her in the States, but that's a different story for a future prospective.

And honestly, all of this became totally irrelevant to me (more so than it was before) after I saw her at the "In The Flesh" concert. I realized at that point in time that my love for her music doesn't account for the level of widespread appeal it achieves. It's not that I would mind her totally reinvigorating the American music scene, but if it never happens it never happens. I just want her to be content making the music she wants to, and I want her to maintain control over her career without feeling compromised in her musical decisions. I think IDJ may have been pressuring her artistically along those lines: I think "This Is The One" may have been a partial result of that, and I think that's why it ultimately failed to make itself known. In retrospect, I don't think it really was the one: I think Hikki may have been trying to prove something, I think she realized early on she wasn't going to and I think she learned a lot from it. And I think her new worldwide deal with EMI (and the resultant break from IDJ) is partly informed by that lesson. But, again, I'm heavily interpreting my own vision of things from what I know on a strictly surface level basis of information. As such, I digress.
Posted on: 2011/3/6 1:04
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:

This is all pretty much true, as well. Hikki, in the end, wasn't motivated to dominate the American music industry: she essentially stated that herself. But I do think, and I accept this as my own totally personal interpolation, that part of that was that she was not comfortable with IDJ from a certain point onwards. I think everyone wrote off IDJ's failure with "Exodus" (which Hikki seemed just as adamant about as any of her Japanese work) as a very terrible, upsetting, circumstantial fluke- but a fluke nonetheless. With TITO, they seemed to tackle initial campaigning at full force: Hikki was doing the kind of promotion necessary for an up and coming artist and she seemed genuinely interested in where this development might take her. IDJ (and possibly even more so her father) was getting her into radio stations, onto Ryan Seacrest, finding her slots on whatever shows she could make. She did the Sephora gigs which were HUGELY successful; beyond anyone's expectations, I think. "Come Back to Me" was charting and people were starting to hear about her. And then it all just stopped. And when Hikki came back from being sick, it was like IDJ just didn't care. I truly do believe they gave up on her before she gave up on them- but I don't think it took her long to give up on them, either, and when business gets bad like that it's pretty hard to get anything done. Frankly, I think that with the willpower and the material, Hikki and EMI could launch a very successful campaign for her in the States, but that's a different story for a future prospective.

I agree, I think her father is much more motivated pursuing further in Japan than America since I think they're much more comfortable with the Japanese audience. And, yes they pushed through ITF and such, but you see, opportunities along with IDJ was there. All was already in Teru-san's hands and Hikki's. And I seriously think that Asian artists(those who became popular in Asia, not the ones who had their first debut in America) scarcely make it to the summit of their career in the West. Although, on the other side, I can also see that Hikki just wanted to show off what she got without wanting the super stardom she gained in Japan.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2011/3/6 2:58
  •  brunangii
      brunangii
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 0/yes/here
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:

And honestly, all of this became totally irrelevant to me (more so than it was before) after I saw her at the "In The Flesh" concert. I realized at that point in time that my love for her music doesn't account for the level of widespread appeal it achieves. It's not that I would mind her totally reinvigorating the American music scene, but if it never happens it never happens. I just want her to be content making the music she wants to, and I want her to maintain control over her career without feeling compromised in her musical decisions. I think IDJ may have been pressuring her artistically along those lines: I think "This Is The One" may have been a partial result of that, and I think that's why it ultimately failed to make itself known. In retrospect, I don't think it really was the one: I think Hikki may have been trying to prove something, I think she realized early on she wasn't going to and I think she learned a lot from it. And I think her new worldwide deal with EMI (and the resultant break from IDJ) is partly informed by that lesson. But, again, I'm heavily interpreting my own vision of things from what I know on a strictly surface level basis of information. As such, I digress.

i completely agree.
Your car is German. Your vodka is Russian. Your pizza is Italian. Your kebab is Turkish. Your democracy is Greek. Your coffee is Brazilian. Your movies are American. Your tea is Tamil. Your shirt is Indian. Your oil is Saudi Arabian. Your electronics a...
Posted on: 2011/3/6 9:04
  •  fleeingbynight
      fleeingbynight
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 28/M/South Florida
I'm happy that I can at least buy Wild Life on Blu Ray so It's not gonna kill me because ITF wouldn't be coming out soon. I do wish that Hikki's Management could also do official bootlegs of the shows from the tour where they rip the audio from the soundboards and do a digital releases of them since bands like Pearl Jam and Tori Amos have done this in the past.
Posted on: 2011/3/17 4:51
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>