•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  cube
      cube
Re: Goodbye Happiness live version uploaded
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Really guys? You're still at it?

Chris85, you said "what's the big deal?" Shurikid, you said that you have your own opinion and that Chris85's argument will not change it. We could've just left it at that when it began. But no, BOTH of you continue to fan the flames, adding more to the argument when clearly neither of your opinions will be changed; which means that this pointless argument could go on forever...
Posted on: 2011/3/6 20:04
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 25/male/Russia
Quote:

cube wrote:

Chris85, you said "what's the big deal?" Shurikid, you said that you have your own opinion and that Chris85's argument will not change it. We could've just left it at that when it began. But no, BOTH of you continue to fan the flames, adding more to the argument when clearly neither of your opinions will be changed; which means that this pointless argument could go on forever...

You're soooo right. But I'd love to hear other users' opinions.
Well, OK. I gave you guys the proof, take it or leave. I'm of peace. Always
Posted on: 2011/3/6 20:40
  •  brunangii
      brunangii
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 0/yes/here
Quote:

cube wrote:

That' the point of a discussion forum. You don't have to change yours or anothers point of view. Sometimes things get heated, but that's how discussions work. If you don't want that on this here forum then put up a disclaimer that says "only positive topics and discussions allowed".
Your car is German. Your vodka is Russian. Your pizza is Italian. Your kebab is Turkish. Your democracy is Greek. Your coffee is Brazilian. Your movies are American. Your tea is Tamil. Your shirt is Indian. Your oil is Saudi Arabian. Your electronics a...
Posted on: 2011/3/6 20:48
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Quote:

brunangii wrote:
Quote:

cube wrote:

That' the point of a discussion forum. You don't have to change yours or anothers point of view. Sometimes things get heated, but that's how discussions work. If you don't want that on this here forum then put up a disclaimer that says "only positive topics and discussions allowed".

WTF? "Only positive topics and discussions allowed"? That's not my point. My point is that both of them made it clear early on, not just in this thread but also in others on the topic, that they won't change their minds. And yet, here they go again. I understand that discussions in forums get heated, but in my experience the heated arguments tend to bring out more to add into the discussion. Here, it's just been more of the same... lol I guess I just got tired of seeing basically the same thing. Anyway, please forgive me for adding my own personal opinion into the mix. It was very wrong of me to do so.
Posted on: 2011/3/6 22:06
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/GQ?/CA
Quote:

Chris85 wrote:
Quote:

Shurikid wrote:
Quote:

Chris85 wrote:
Shurikid, I mixed both versions into one just for you. (it would be better if I compared one line at a time but it'd take too long)
http://www.mediafire.com/?4of2e83ccx22j3u
Take a listen. It's ibvious (at least IMO)that they're from the same night but they often don't match because one Utada is as she was and the second one is edited. And as 山本_passion noticed, the "love me" part is way too obvious. If there were no alterations both versions would match perfectly. You can't blame it on "no, they just used her voice from the second night". I repeat, one Utada is always in tune while the second one is off-key from time to time. That's a good thing that they fixed her vocals, what's the big deal?
They do it all the time with Hamasaki Ayumi concert DVD releases, all the flaws that we can hear each year in live broadcasted Countdown lives are always removed for DVDs. It's a common practice.

Thanks for putting that together. I'm not going to download it (it's nothing personal, trust me), but I'd appreciate it if you could possibly upload it onto YouTube or some other video source so that I could examine it. :3

For the sake of clarification, I never claimed that they were using video clips from the second night. Ever.

Also, did you observe the timing notations I gave you for the DVD quality video in which she is, in fact, off-key? I can offer you more, if you'd like.

Ok, now you want my youtube channel to get blocked for copyright issues. Hell no It's EASY to download one mp3 file. If you don't wanna do this, I can't help it. I did listen to the so-called off-key moments. Yeah, some of them are SLIGHTLY off-key but they're nothing comparing to the major flaws she did which were fixed. But unless you listen to the double version, you can't tell who's right. BTW under the fear of death I'd swear that Utada United is fixed too (because it is)! You can go personal on me for saying so too LOL

Damn! You discovered my secret plan! Lawl. x'D
No, honestly, I just can't spare any space on my terribly old computer (it's...really old). I do want to see your video because I'm sure you put lots of effort into it and I would hate to just ignore it...I'll figure out some way.

So...they're off-key, they're just less off-key than before? So they decided to just make her a little less off-key? Why would they do that?

I would cite the "Be My Last" performance from United as definitive proof that that concert was not fixed, but it isn't really relevant to this particular discussion so let's not make that detour.

I think we all accept that unless Hikki or someone from Hikki's staff who worked on the DVD come out and speak specifically to this matter it will not likely be resolved, but I'm still interested in gaining the perspective that those who believe her vocals were corrected maintain. The thing is, I can see what they're saying, I just don't attribute it to the same cause. Once I manage to see Chris's video I'll make up my mind for good and leave it be. For now.
Posted on: 2011/3/6 23:53
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 25/male/Russia
Shurikid, it's just mp3, not video ))
Posted on: 2011/3/7 2:16
  •  brunangii
      brunangii
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 0/yes/here
Quote:
cube wrote:WTF? "Only positive topics and discussions allowed"? That's not my point. My point is that both of them made it clear early on, not just in this thread but also in others on the topic, that they won't change their minds. And yet, here they go again. I understand that discussions in forums get heated, but in my experience the heated arguments tend to bring out more to add into the discussion. Here, it's just been more of the same... lol I guess I just got tired of seeing basically the same thing. Anyway, please forgive me for adding my own personal opinion into the mix. It was very wrong of me to do so.

Oh quit crying. "please forgive me for.........wah wah wah". Tired of seeing the same old thing posted then ignore it like the rest of us. it's not like we're being given so much to discuss by her majesty utada. After this release there won't be shite to talk about.
Your car is German. Your vodka is Russian. Your pizza is Italian. Your kebab is Turkish. Your democracy is Greek. Your coffee is Brazilian. Your movies are American. Your tea is Tamil. Your shirt is Indian. Your oil is Saudi Arabian. Your electronics a...
Posted on: 2011/3/7 5:07
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
Quote:

brunangii wrote:
Quote:
cube wrote:WTF? "Only positive topics and discussions allowed"? That's not my point. My point is that both of them made it clear early on, not just in this thread but also in others on the topic, that they won't change their minds. And yet, here they go again. I understand that discussions in forums get heated, but in my experience the heated arguments tend to bring out more to add into the discussion. Here, it's just been more of the same... lol I guess I just got tired of seeing basically the same thing. Anyway, please forgive me for adding my own personal opinion into the mix. It was very wrong of me to do so.

Oh quit crying. "please forgive me for.........wah wah wah". Tired of seeing the same old thing posted then ignore it like the rest of us. it's not like we're being given so much to discuss by her majesty utada. After this release there won't be shite to talk about.

lol You're right; I should've just ignored it Actually, I've been pissed at everything for the past two days because my flash drive suddenly decided that all of my work (I do freelance graphic design) was corrupted, which led to me having no sleep for the past 2 days re-doing a ton of stuff I was working on for clients, in addition to 2 school projects that also became corrupted... So I've been going off on anything that gets me even the slightest bit annoyed... Sorry bout that! *embarrassed*

Anyway, now that you mention it, I do wonder what will become of the forums after the WL release...
Posted on: 2011/3/7 14:04
  •  yvliew
      yvliew
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
wow u guys are so worked up.. come on.. hikki's voice is perfect!!! hahahaha.. don't have to compare. hikki is always hikki. her voice is always like that.
Posted on: 2011/3/7 18:36
  •  brunangii
      brunangii
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 0/yes/here
Quote:
lol You're right; I should've just ignored it Actually, I've been pissed at everything for the past two days because my flash drive suddenly decided that all of my work (I do freelance graphic design) was corrupted, which led to me having no sleep for the past 2 days re-doing a ton of stuff I was working on for clients, in addition to 2 school projects that also became corrupted... So I've been going off on anything that gets me even the slightest bit annoyed... Sorry bout that! *embarrassed*

Anyway, now that you mention it, I do wonder what will become of the forums after the WL release...

that's not going to work. you need some "chill time".
Posted on: 2011/3/7 20:05
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>