Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Has Utada been approached for support in Japan relief efforts?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  fleeingbynight
      fleeingbynight
Has Utada been approached for support in Japan relief efforts?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 28/M/South Florida
I know Hikki is on Hiatus but do you think if she was asked to place something up for auction or even join a charity to help raise money for the Japan Relief Effort? I don't know if she would agree to it but it would be nice to see her do something for her fellow country. So far I have seen both Gackt and X Japan Yoshiki planning events or auctions and I hope Utada will see this as a chance to help as well.
Posted on: 2011/3/16 23:26
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re: Has Utada been approached for support in Japan relief efforts?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Posted on: 2011/3/17 2:01
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

can anyone translate the dnewsglobal article it makes no sense and doesn't say anything about an utada donation except in the title.
From what I can decipher all it says is that musicians are writing letters of support. I'm sorry but letters are not gonna feed and clothe all those people starving and freezing.
Posted on: 2011/3/17 6:13
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:
Quote:

can anyone translate the dnewsglobal article it makes no sense and doesn't say anything about an utada donation except in the title.
From what I can decipher all it says is that musicians are writing letters of support. I'm sorry but letters are not gonna feed and clothe all those people starving and freezing.

I understand your point, to be fair to the value of celebrity, when a big disaster strikes, there is a tendency for PR and Marketing to work on the basis that the greater the misery, the more we will or should care.
After delving into the reports of the 13,000 missing or souls lost, the nuclear warnings, the photos of submerged towns and the hordes of survivors, who could possibly disagree?.....

So the bigger the numbers of fatalities and injuries, the harder it is for the global masses to comprehend them.
The truth is and academic research suggests, however horrifying the events or moving the reports, there's a threshold to how much misery and suffering people can take and it's extremely low.

However this is where Utada can help the most, raising the national moral, fund raising can come later..

When there's a huge geo-seismic shift in the earth measuring 9.1 on the Richter scale, the economy, the environment, the geopolitical repercussions, the entire nation (Japan) sits on the boundary where the Eurasian plate meets Pacific plate, one could include the Philippines, Indonesia and California, and parts of Italy which sit close to or on top of boundary of the African plate and Eurasian plate.

These boundaries known as the subduction zones, undergo seismic sliding or rubbing against one another, the accumulative effect and sheer scale of the quake and subsequent tsunami requires the intervention of governments and the UN, the logistics alone require this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanitarian_response_to_the_2011_T%C5%8Dhoku_earthquake_and_tsunami

For Utada and other celebrities who are activity tapping into their celebrity power and influence to support, donate items and services, offering welcome assistance in fundraising events. ...Lady Gaga raises $250,000 for Japan tsunami relief (see below) help tremendously, and raise awareness, however in the here and now the only long term solution to last Friday?s unprecedented series of events, earthquake, tsunami, and the continuing events at Fukushima, require the intervention of governments.

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/celebrity/519412/lady-gaga-raises-250-000-for-japan-tsunami-relief.html

Sorry about the quality of the ?dnewsglobal? piece.
Posted on: 2011/3/17 8:16
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated.
Posted on: 2011/3/17 8:49
  •  a_kikoo
      a_kikoo
UN Reporter
A/S/L 26/F
We're not the only ones curious about Hikki's actions. Many Japanese are wanting to know if Hikki has donated anything to the relief efforts. Keep in mind that not everybody announces publicly about how much they donated.

Hikki has said it herself in her earlier tweet from October 20... http://twitter.com/#!/utadahikaru/status/27958336942

Quote:
気になることや大きな災害があった時、ずっと匿名で父と一緒に寄付とかしてた。

My father and I have always anonymously donated to things that have weighed on my mind and when there were disasters.
Posted on: 2011/3/18 13:06
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
She should sing a special edition of Final Distance.
Posted on: 2011/3/20 11:49
  •  Ultra_Red
      Ultra_Red
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L
Quote:

a_kikoo wrote:
We're not the only ones curious about Hikki's actions. Many Japanese are wanting to know if Hikki has donated anything to the relief efforts. Keep in mind that not everybody announces publicly about how much they donated.

Hikki has said it herself in her earlier tweet from October 20... http://twitter.com/#!/utadahikaru/status/27958336942

Quote:
気になることや大きな災害があった時、ずっと匿名で父と一緒に寄付とかしてた。

My father and I have always anonymously donated to things that have weighed on my mind and when there were disasters.

The bottom line is that she should make her donation public or people will assume she didn't give anything.
Posted on: 2011/3/21 6:32
  •  Polyrhythm
      Polyrhythm
UN Reporter
A/S/L 17/M/Southern California
Would it be any better to donate a fat sum of money and announce it to the media-- looking like a desperate attention seeker? There are other ways you can show you care and Utada is doing that (tweeting, donating blood). There's no doubt in my mind that she has donated money to the cause. However, I don't need to know how much because that's not what's important. If people feel any differently and look down on her for not donating (or making her charity public) then they are probably haters or non-fans.

Signature made by me (DEEP RIVER from AHS Forum)
Graphics Shop
Posted on: 2011/3/22 9:52
  •  Jiremi
      Jiremi
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L "I can't wait to see you in the FuTuTuRe - Utada~"
Quote:

Ultra_Red wrote:

The bottom line is that she should make her donation public or people will assume she didn't give anything.

No she shouldn't. It is no one's business besides her.
On Sunday, October 17, at 7:53 PM, Utada Hikaru replied to me on Twitter! ♥
Posted on: 2011/3/22 19:15
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>