•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  chris852
      chris852
Writing paper on "You Make ME Want To Be a Man". Help Please
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Hello everybody,

I'm writing a paper on Utada's "You Make M Want To Be a Man", the lyrics, music, and videos. I've found some sources to cite in my paper, but I could use a few more.

I keep seeing quotes about what she has said about the song and video, but I can't find where she said it and when. Does anyone know?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris
Posted on: 2011/6/26 7:25
  •  1Brando
      1Brando
Re: Writing paper on "You Make ME Want To Be a Man". Help Please
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/Male/La Puente, CA
I don't know if the video is still on Youtube, but try looking for it.

"Introducing Utada"

SHe talks about YMMWTBAM in that video.
Posted on: 2011/6/26 17:34
  •  Pips_Paradise
      Pips_Paradise
Re: Writing paper on "You Make ME Want To Be a Man". Help Please
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/F/London
Utada Quotes:

"You Make Me Want to Be a Man - To me it was pretty simple and straight-forward. I was trying to deal with my husband, and it was the first time I really came face to face with another human being, and the things that we couldn't understand about each other, or things we argued about, I felt like it was because (that) some of it was just like a sex issue. I felt like if I could be a man, I could understand him more, in some ways, so I wanted to understand him, and I thought, 'I wish I were a man!'" -- Utada Hikaru

(On the futuristic PV) "We wanted to play with the Japanese side of my existence. Japan is well know for these kinds of technological things, like Anime and the futuristic things, so I think that is what started off the whole thing." -- Utada Hikaru

Source:

http://www.generasia.com/wiki/You_Make_Me_Want_to_Be_a_Man

Question: Your new single is called 'You Make Me Want to Be A Man' who makes you want to be a man?

Utada: (Laughing) It came from facing my husband (She has been married for three years) dealing with someone on that honest level. It's very hard to let someone into your life that much. With the song it's like, sometimes, the things that we don't understand about each other, if I was a man, maybe I could understand him better. It's very simple, it's all about wanting to become another person and see it from another point of view.

Source: Utada Interview: Japan's Most Famous! Tuesday October 11, 2005 Japan

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic/152843-utada-interview-japans-most-famous/

Bit of something extra ?.. Forrest Robinson

V-Drumming with Utada?.lots of juicy Exodus Geeky stuff?Q control yourself?

Check out the last Paragraph...............

'I can spend this whole interview going on and on about Utada and her family, because she writes her own music; yet she appreciates what I have to offer to it, if that?s what she wants. Working with Utada has been the best. As far as being in the commercial music industry, she and her team are the best artists, the best people I?ve ever had the privilege of working with. They appreciate me as a musician and as a human being. I don?t feel like a Social Security number, and that?s a beautiful thing'

http://www.rolandus.com/community/insider/article.php?ArticleId=50&tab=artist
Posted on: 2011/6/27 13:57
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic