Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Project_Hikaru
      Project_Hikaru
Utada and other artists
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 18
Does anyone know if any other artist's have ever done a cover of an Utada song, or used a line or two from one of her songs

Woo 100th post ^^
Posted on: 2011/10/16 14:03
Re: Utada and other artists
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Namie Amuro once covered Utada's Kettobasse! I used to have the audio in my computer but I don't know have it anymore I think...
Posted on: 2011/10/16 14:51
  •  ROB612
      ROB612
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 20/m/MN
Boyz II Men-First Love
Posted on: 2011/10/16 22:25
  •  cube
      cube
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 18/M/NY
I'm pretty sure Ken Hirai covered Automatic, and there was some Reggae group that also covered it some time ago in English. As mentioned above, Namie Amuro sang Kettobase! at a live show once. Jolin Tsai covered First Love. Ailyn did a cover of Hikari in Spanish while she was in the girl group Charm, and then she covered Passion in Spanish as a solo artist. Juju sang First Love on her cover album last year.

I know there are more, but these are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Posted on: 2011/10/23 21:14
  •  JimJam
      JimJam
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25 / M / UK
It seems that Sanctuary / Passion are a popular choice with rappers. Devlin, a UK rapper, sampled Passion (much to many's distaste) in his song London City. His version, however, didn't use Utada's original vocals for Passion. Instead the beat is kept, but the vocals instead are random noises made by another woman to the style of Utada's original lyrics.

There's also a sampling using Sanctuary by rapper XV for his song When We're Done. He used the actual song itself, but sped it up.

There's also JuJu's cover of First Love and the Boyz II Men cover (as someone already pointed out).
There's also the God-awful English version Jessa Zaragosa sung. ("You will always gonna be my love" *shudder* - that lyric was badly translated from English to English).

I can't really think of any others to be honest, except for a few artists who covered her songs live.
Posted on: 2011/10/25 6:34
  •  LilMissPocket-Size
      LilMissPocket-Size
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

JimJam wrote:
It seems that Sanctuary / Passion are a popular choice with rappers. Devlin, a UK rapper, sampled Passion (much to many's distaste) in his song London City. His version, however, didn't use Utada's original vocals for Passion. Instead the beat is kept, but the vocals instead are random noises made by another woman to the style of Utada's original lyrics.

There's also a sampling using Sanctuary by rapper XV for his song When We're Done. He used the actual song itself, but sped it up.

There's also JuJu's cover of First Love and the Boyz II Men cover (as someone already pointed out).
There's also the God-awful English version Jessa Zaragosa sung. ("You will always gonna be my love" *shudder* - that lyric was badly translated from English to English).

I can't really think of any others to be honest, except for a few artists who covered her songs live.

wooooow...You know Utada's something special anytime Boyz II Men did a cover for one of her songs :)
Posted on: 2011/10/25 21:15
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic