123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  sho_Opao
      sho_Opao
What if Hikki never comes back?
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I was just wondering how you guys would feel if she doesn't come back from her hiatus? I mean I remember her saying she plans to retire early like her mom, who retired at 28. I know I should not be thinking about this horrible possibility but still..

Personally, my heart would be left with a huge void...a dark void that will never be filled...which will make me feel that there's always something missing in my life.

Yes, that's how much I love her. How bout you guys?
Posted on: 2012/5/11 23:46
  •  Kawashima
      Kawashima
Re: What if Hikki never comes back?
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/F/Poland
I find that possibility very likely, she promised she'd come back stronger, but there are always unpredictable things that may occur and interfere her will to come back. It's very important thing that her mum retired at the same age when Hikki went on hiatus. On that time she was pregneat, right? That's why I think the most possible scenario isŁ Utada wants to build a normal family, like almost every woman and there's nothing wrong about it. Still, if she wanted to do it, and had it in mind from the beginning, I wish she told us eariler via twitter or official page. If only she tweeted more, we could get to know something, not too much, but at least we'd be sure she's doing fine. And that's very precious information for us, isn't it? If she never comes back, it'll be sad, but I can understand it. Don't forget that during her career she made 8 albums (7 if you really don't want to count Precious), it's more than some bands have after longer career, look at 30 Seconds to Mars, band made in late 1990's and they have only 3 albums, same with Evanescence. She's achieved so much and I admire her for that. I hope she will come back, anyway.
Posted on: 2012/5/12 2:15
  •  joeri
      joeri
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L not telling! :)
Quote:

Kawashima wrote:
I find that possibility very likely, she promised she'd come back stronger, but there are always unpredictable things that may occur and interfere her will to come back. It's very important thing that her mum retired at the same age when Hikki went on hiatus. On that time she was pregneat, right? That's why I think the most possible scenario isŁ Utada wants to build a normal family, like almost every woman and there's nothing wrong about it. Still, if she wanted to do it, and had it in mind from the beginning, I wish she told us eariler via twitter or official page. If only she tweeted more, we could get to know something, not too much, but at least we'd be sure she's doing fine. And that's very precious information for us, isn't it? If she never comes back, it'll be sad, but I can understand it. Don't forget that during her career she made 8 albums (7 if you really don't want to count Precious), it's more than some bands have after longer career, look at 30 Seconds to Mars, band made in late 1990's and they have only 3 albums, same with Evanescence. She's achieved so much and I admire her for that. I hope she will come back, anyway.

pregneat? i didnt knew pregnant was neat xD

ot

i expect nothing less to be honest, she had an early music career and well... i think she is done with it anyway if you look at her last released albums.
the quality of those albums were way lower then lets say ultra blue and earlier releases.

i was a big fan of hers but it went downhill after i listened to more variable artists and found out that there are way better artists then utada so i moved on... i would say you do the same.
Posted on: 2012/5/13 3:11
  •  Kawashima
      Kawashima
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/F/Poland
^ I was writing fast, that's why I wrote it in a wrong way, I'm sorry. You're exactly right about other artists, it's not like there's no one except Utada, before I heard about her, I lived normally. We can live without new music from her (but if she comes back, I'll be happiest human in the world).
Posted on: 2012/5/13 3:54
  •  bananabola
      bananabola
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 21/M/Msia
Well, even if she doesn't return anymore, there are chances that she will do live performances once a while. For example, Sam Hui, a retired Hong Kong artist, still flying around Asia doing live performances once a while. So, look at the bright side ;D, maybe we have a chance to see her performing live and perhaps maybe some of the old songs she haven't performed before like Eternally, Arashi no Megami, etc.
After all, it is her old songs that've been a big hit to us right? :D( which also made me swinging back to her channel after years of not listening to her songs)
Posted on: 2012/5/13 6:53
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
if hikki didnt come back? oh man, we're never sure she will, considering the interview thing she did for time magazine, she said that she wants to retire at 28. shes past 28 now, so i guess the hiatus right now is like a short retirement.
but uh, is she legit retired? i wud be crying/depressed. i mean, ive only known her for 3 years or so, and i feel kinda bad that ive already missed out on her previous albums before i knew her.
well, i hope that if hikki sees this site and sees that her fans want her to come back, lets hope that she will one day.
Posted on: 2012/5/14 18:16
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 23/Male/Austin & Dallas,TX U.S.A
Quote:

joeri wrote:
Quote:

Kawashima wrote:

pregneat? i didnt knew pregnant was neat xD

to

i expect nothing less to be honest, she had an early music career and well... i think she is done with it anyway if you look at her last released albums.
the quality of those albums were way lower then lets say ultra blue and earlier releases.

i was a big fan of hers but it went downhill after i listened to more variable artists and found out that there are way better artists then utada so i moved on... i would say you do the same.

No offense, Hikki Fanatic but you may want to change your username if you simply 'moved on' from Utada like she never happened or her music suddenly became irrelevant now that she's only temporarily inactive. This girl, before age 30, is HMV's #24 J-pop Artist ever and the #10 of the 30 Best Japanese Singer ranks, and has sold more records and faster, with as few releases and achieved more overall than any of her peers that debuted at the same time. I'm not saying that there aren't better singer-songwriters, dancers or more influential musical acts, but they are all past and had their golden eras. How many MODERN pop stars can you legitimately say have this sort of lasting impact, prodigious talent and extensive resume right now, especially Japan in, or anywhere else for that matter? I don't even know of another non-American musician as variable as she's been or that appeal to as many different ethnic, racial, age and musical demographics as she has. If and when she ever breaks out big with English material, she'd wipe the floor with 9 out of 10 of them for the fact she does everything herself in the studio short of the photos and shipments to stores. You must be talking about Miracle Hikaru or someone else, 'cuz its not our Hikki~....

People lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill, as cliche as that is, especially considering the following facts:
*Utada has always, since her most prolific period between First Love & Deep River's release always taken relatively extensive breaks between studio albums and new singles (excluding of course her English releases, but hey there was a 5 year difference between Exodus and TITO almost, right?); we know that, unlike Mrs. Ayumi Hamasaki and Koda Kumi, when Hikki has new music-related projects, its ALWAYS an event of the highest quality and public anticipation!
*This isn't at all surprising considering everything that's been happening in her personal life since failing to break significantly in the international markets with EXODUS between the divorce, her mom's drug bust @ the airport, the depression, her half-hearted reception by Island/Def Jam and only God knows what else since she (thankfully in comparison to many of her more famous peers) doesn't shine the spotlight on it much at all.
*She is so NOT pregnant, wherever and whatever she's doing right now (more than likely in Japan), the press and media would've swarmed her alive and made it public knowledge by now; not even Hyde's and Namie Amuro's first born escaped the paparazzi's relentless pursuits (in that way, the Japanese are fairly similar to the rest of the world). Until you hear it from Utada or a source legit and intimate to her, this IS absolute nonsense and shouldn't even be given legitimate dialogue here or anywhere else (though let the record show I'll be overjoyed whenever she gets around to having them).
*Hikki said with her own mouth THAT THIS WAS NOT A FINALIZED RETIREMENT and MERELY a 2-5 year HIATUS to develop personally so she wouldn't have all the scheduling and other demands of being a pop superstar strangling her 'growing'. Did anybody read her formal announcement and acknowledge that she's been pretty darn consistent in keeping her promises? Don't speculate, ARTICULATE the actual evidence before you!
*Utada signed a GLOBAL deal with EMI Music Japan, meaning that whatever language she sings in or wherever she decides to release it, she'll have the full throttle support of the machine that's backed her in Japan success all these years. She's gotta come back and fulfill that if nothing else (wasn't it like 2-4 albums...???!!) If she planned to NEVER return in the first place, why on God's green Earth would she have done that?
*She said in that final big interview with Tokio Hot 100's Chris Peppler that she still considers herself a musician and that she enjoys being one very much. Not to mention, she WOULD be writing lyrics and composing music on said break, just in more widespread sessions that'll likelier than not be on her future releases, and will probably be even more mature and groundbreaking than she could've ever made it before. This all makes sense, and only makes one that much more excited to see what she sounds like upon return (you know it won't be boring or regressive)...

So what's everyone getting up all in arms about??? I know we miss her but its not Utada hadn't been dropping hints of this for a while, or that she hadn't given us a full burst of great new memories (the second Single Collection, her U.Stream concerts, The Wild Life DVD, a mini-EP of 5 new songs, The Official Utada Hikaru Youtube Channel with all her music vids for all to see 4ever!,etc.) Nobody was more disappointed or in initial disappointment than me, but life has gone on fine like it typically does and I'm still listening and talking to others about Utada and her legacy than ever before. It only males her eventual return that by all indications is just short of absolutely guaranteed all the more rewarding once it happens! And make no mistake, it will happen until further notice from the Simple & Clean woman herself...

Posted on: 2012/5/19 17:45
  •  butthead2k3
      butthead2k3
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
she'll be back like bluefighters09 said...

- if hikki was pregnant.. i am sure the fan encounter earlier in april would had not failed to mention it...

- hikki told the fan and i quote "But she said that she?s currently working on a few projects that she couldn?t really talk about but new stuff is coming soon!".. more evidence that she is working on things for her return... when? how soon? let's not speculate... good things come to those who wait...

- she just needs time to learn and re-experience about what she missed out in her 12 years as an artists... she had missed out a lot of things that we outselves get to experience as a normal teenager and she feels the need to learn self reliance instead of depending on teruzane and the team behind her back... she did clarify that in the NHK interview with chris on the reason of her hiatus... you do have to remember that she is creeping into her 30's by next year and it will not be good that $ aside, she still does not know how to take care of herself independently...

- furthermore, the experience gained during her hiatus would be good material for her to write on and it just creates more anticipation for her fans on her return like how apple does it with their iDevices... no one is gripping to apple about that... why hikaru?

unless 21st December is happening... she'd be back and you can count on that...
Posted on: 2012/5/23 0:43
  •  coldbread
      coldbread
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
For everyone who says that she changed and her music is reflecting her lack of effort, you can't really consider yourself a fan. Everyone changes and for artist their material changes with them. This does not mean they aren't putting their heart into it. She didn't conform to what everyone wanted and did what she wanted and that's what makes her a great artist.

Being a fan means you respect the person for what they do and how they do it. The material output is an reflection of the artist at the time. You are not a fan because you just like the music, you would be considered just a listener. I can't speak for other people but the reason I still care is because I am a fan of the artist and not a fan of material output.

Her music is great but I respect that she doesn't sell out her talent for the M&M (Media and Money). Taylor fell into that trap and her entire career is run by someone else, she became someones monetary gain. Hikki on the other hand didn't let that happen, she loved what she did and she did it her way. Even after 12 years and over 60 million in accumulated sales.

Now that she is taking this break and pursuing personal betterment I respect her even more. So should everyone here that says they are a fan.

The world needs more artist like Hikki. Conformity is dangerous, it destroys creativity. It would just be nice if she would communicate more with everyone and not just cut herself off. Twitter is nice and all but I feel she should still communicate with people who support her. I'm sure many people here have been with her since the near beginning. It's not right that she just cuts you guys loose.
Posted on: 2012/10/7 20:16
  •  Jayenciel
      Jayenciel
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Taiwan
About pregnancy....I'm pretty sure Kawashima referred to Hikki's mother and not Hikki herself

Quote:

coldbread wrote:
For everyone who says that she changed and her music is reflecting her lack of effort, you can't really consider yourself a fan.

I think 'anyone' would be a more appropriate word :x
Posted on: 2012/10/8 6:08
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>